• 2 inch per month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than the above per month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I have another question (I'm a newbie- don't shoot me! lol).....for those of you that sometimes or always get more than 1/2" per month, are you finding that this happens when you're working out more?

I work out about 5-6 days per week, and since I just BC'd 6 weeks ago, I'm anxious to learn how this may affect my growth rate.

I was working out but I dont think so, since the front of my head is slower. From what I can remember my hair has always grown like this.

bride91501

I think it affects it positively. I work out 5 days a week and try to eat as clean as possible and my hair and skin have never looked better. I bc'ed to a half an inch in November and now my hair is almost full neck length. Not only that but my hair is healthier.

OMG! That growth is phenomenal!! How many inches is NL for you?

MissSenegal

OMG! That growth is phenomenal!! How many inches is NL for you?

Sorry I have no idea but I don't have a long neck so it can't be that many inches. Protective styling has helped too before I made the mistake of relaxing and getting a pixie cut my hair was always in braids and sew ins and when I relaxed it was an inch or 2 above apl where I kept it cut because it was easier to braid it that way.

lea86111

i know that my hair grows .25 to .5 in a month cause right now m obsessed with my hair lmao even for LHCF standards lol so i measure. Yep yep, i sure do. Plus TRUST my hair aint breaking that much! =) (@ least right now it's not) when i was in braids/overlay for 4 months i had 1.5 inches of ng and the first month i only had abt .25 inches =( it picked up after the 2nd month (started taking msm, either that or cause it got warmer, who knows) plus m relaxed so its easy to tell the diff in textures

lea86111

oh yeah n my diet is horrendous lol and i don't excercise so that could be why i have such a slow growth

femmemuscle

1/2" a month. This is after using the Bee Mine Growth Serum and Avocado Moisturizing conditioner.

Before that? 1/4" a month. Even with a a heavy vitamin/exercise/diet regimen.

My Friend

OP, I get your point. I too will ask my asian and white co workers how fast their hair grows and they will say 2-3 inches per month :ohwell: It does appear like their hair grows by leaps and bounds:yep: until they reach apl then it stops:rolleyes: (rubbing on clothes).

The anagen phase is known as the growth phase.[5] It begins in the papilla and can last up to eight years.[6] The span at which the hair remains in this stage of growth is determined by genetics.[7] The longer the hair stays in the anagen phase, the faster and longer it will grow. During this phase, the cells in the papilla divide to produce new hair fibers, and the follicle buries itself into the dermal layer of the skin to nourish the strand

4bslbound

Did you ever see any proof of that? I find it difficult to believe that she got 32 inches of growth in a year. Wouldn't she be in the Guinness Book of World records or something?

Actually, thats more like 16 inches of growth...which is feasible in many cultures. ( asian, souteast asia(Indian)

I know many people who are Asian whose hair grows super fast (.5 is an average which includes less than to .25 inches and possible over 1 inch per month without growth aids)

Last edited:

Janet'

When I look back at my fotki, I grew 3 inches in 4 months, so that averages out to .75 a month...I didn't vote because there wasn't an option for that one!

4bslbound

Well anyhow, with all the retaining, mixed and hair talk and my crazy myths!!! I see retaining is the way!!!! And I should have went lower on my poll number!!! Now about retaining hmmmm....... :)

I know I may upset some folks when I say this but some studies have shown that some hair grows faster than others. It may not be completely limited to (but very well may include) race and hair type.

Sure retention is a factor, but its not the ONLY one. Genetics CAN play a role. (but genetics doesnt necessarily mean skin color)

Last edited:

SweetTea

The majority of my head grows the average 1/2 inches a month, but my sides grow in really slowly, probably at about half the rate as the rest of my hair. My nape grows the fastest. I think it gets about 3/4 inch a month. I texlaxed my hair four months ago and have two or a little more than two inches of NG.

SingBrina

"when she began to walk", referred to her age. That means at age 1 (12 months), her hair would have been 32 inches long - clearly longer than her height at 365 days.

I wasn't trying to be rude, and I'm sorry that you took it that way.

If using logic/reasoning and being skeptical about such an astounding and undocumented growth rate is rude, then I guess I'll just continue to be rude.:rolleyes:

Uh ok cool

PrincesscurlyQ<3

my hair grows the same rate, half an inch a month but the thing is that now that i am natural i retain ALL of my length from when i was relaxed. and my hair is so much thicker and smoother with a natural shine. i BC'd april 19.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
well, judging from my progress i've made since i joined, i think i get the average .5 a month, 6 inches a year growth. ♥

ceecee08

How are you all measuring the growth. Is it just with a regular ruler with your hair stretched?? I want to know for my sake.

Harina

I have no idea.

Only skimmed the thread so sorry if this has been said, but I have a hard time believing that one can only grow 4" of hair per year even with the best of retention, which makes me think that rate has something to do with retention or health and not your natural maximum growth rate.

I really don't think anyone can grow 3" of hair per month, I'm sorry but that seems totally ridiculous. :rolleyes: This hater's going to hate.

Last edited: