4C Only Hair Products

nyeredzi

I was watching a video with Star puppy using it and also one with Natural Academia using it. I went to check it out, at least the styling cream, but seems heavily shea butter. I'm one of the few 4Cs who doesn't care for shea butter, so I doubt I'll try it. But the consistency looked interesting. A little more ... slippery/slimey than I would have expected for a shea prodcut. Maybe I'll try one day, but my current products are working out and I'm trying to resist product junkyism.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Yup, same sentiments @nyeredzi I dont use styling products or leave in with shea butter. Just deep conditioners that can sink in with heat. If the shea is a balm that melts down I can use it to seal my ends but thats about it.

Looks to be a great line though. Lots of good reviews!

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Yh I posted this line on one of my threads a few weeks ago, I've never tried them unfortunately. It would be interesting to see people with 4c coarse/dry hair make of it.

Squikee

She made some great points! I often see people describe their hair as 4C when it’s obviously not. And there is definitely more to hair than type... texture and porosity probably plays the biggest parts to hair care.

lorr1e1

She made some great points! I often see people describe their hair as 4C when it’s obviously not. And there is definitely more to hair than type... texture and porosity probably plays the biggest parts to hair care.
Thing is her hair is mostly 4b she has a curl pattern. My hair is 4c as it has microcoils you have to look closeup to the scalp to see the curl as it wrap around itself and doesn't stretch that far either when pulled, it does not fill out like this woman's hair is. I think the 4c hair has the fewest strands mine are thick, and dry like old wood always has been.

GGsKin

Thing is her hair is mostly 4b she has a curl pattern. My hair is 4c as it has microcoils you have to look closeup to the scalp to see the curl as it wrap around itself and doesn't stretch that far either when pulled, it does not fill out like this woman's hair is. I think the 4c hair has the fewest strands mine are thick, and dry like old wood always has been.
Fullness can be dependent on density, as well as thickness of individual hair strands. I don't think all 4c or 4types in general have low density. Her hairstyle in her video here is created with a faux puff.

lorr1e1

Fullness can be dependent on density, as well as thickness of individual hair strands. I don't think all 4c or 4types in general have low density. Her hairstyle in her video here is created with a faux puff.
She said her hair is mostly 4b in video.

My 4c hair if I put mine into a pony the hair does not move its stiff as a board it has no movement that is 4c hair. It's the driest and difficult to manage I hate combing it as it can be sore sometimes. Unless I had used rollers its impossible to have curly hair like hers the curl is microcoiled.

I use the highest strength relaxer as it's resistant. It doesn't like liquid based products whether relaxed or natural as it reverts to the natural state and dries out and feels rough to the touch. I could never stretch relaxers to what some people say they do for 6 months or 12 months most of the hair would break at demarcation line. I could not tex-lax or use mild relaxer as it would break off, if it's not straightened properly.

If you look at 4c hair up close to a light it has a light brown hue it's not jet black.

I'll have to find a picture of my hair I took last year before I relaxed it.

Last edited: