6 FOOT LADIES SUPPORT THREAD

Vonnieluvs08

I made APL (see siggy) in Oct. I'm staying in twists & rollersets for the winter to get to BSL by my bday in Sept. I hope to make it there before that. I'm 5'11 so I have a long way to grow. I've never measured how many inches it takes to reach a certain length.

motherpopcorn562

I made APL (see siggy) in Oct. I'm staying in twists & rollersets for the winter to get to BSL by my bday in Sept. I hope to make it there before that. I'm 5'11 so I have a long way to grow. I've never measured how many inches it takes to reach a certain length.
When I used to wear weaves. A 18 inch would be BsL on me

LovelyNaps26

i'm 5'9". i think this is why i had mbl as my final goal. wanting wl hair seemed like it would take 3 years which just seemed too long. looking at my siggy, however, maybe height isn't as big of an obstacle as tall girls make it out to be. i figure reaching 2 length milestones a year( i.e. APL and BSB) is great even if others can reach three.

Amazhaan

Hi Ladies...

Happy New Year... just wanted to stop in.

SIXfootONE Hair Diva on Deck! :grin:

My goal is BSL... though I'm not even SL right now... But I'm being optimistic. I have a looong neck...lol So my BSL would be damn near WL on some, I'm sure.

Janet'

Big Ups to all the tall ladies...It's funny but when I say that I'm 5'7 1/2" normally that's tall...I feel like a shortie up in here!!!

nikolite

I'm 5'10 1/2 and checking in! I just measured and getting very close to MBL (I'm a couple inches past APL). If I was 5'2 I'd probably be set!

Still, I'm very much encouraged to see where I line up this time next year. Happy Hair Growing fellow Amazons!

nikolite

Big Ups to all the tall ladies...It's funny but when I say that I'm 5'7 1/2" normally that's tall...I feel like a shortie up in here!!!

:lol: Two of my sisters are 5'8 3/4 (she swear she 5'9 but she ain't) and 5'7 and they swear they tall until I walk into the room. But the 6'2 ladies make me feel short too!

Triniwegian

I keep forgetting this thread is still around...
I am inching my way towards BSL.. I have been natural for over 2 years and I still don't think I will be there until my 3 year natural anniversary.

My BSL is 26", from hairline.

Incognitus

Wow, I simply love seeing so many tall ladies in one spot....especially those over 5'11. I'm 6ft and wear size 12 shoes...(but that's besides the point, lol.) While growing up, I used to hate being tall. Now, I'll have it no other way! Anyhow, I also have a long head (if that makes sense). I can definitely see how it takes me longer to get to each length goal. I'm currently just past SL and it seems like forever until I get to APL. Heck I don't even really know what length my hair is. Am I shoulder length or can I claim a few inches short of APL.

On a side note: Is it me, or does being overweight make longer hair seem shorter than it is?

On another side note: It seems like my hair grew faster when I had stretched relaxers (like every 16 weeks). I think it's because I now get SSKs, and more tangles now.

Last edited:

Incognitus

I need support! I am 6'0" and need to know why the inseams on pants have to be so short? Why do most t-shirts look cropped on me? Why do ong sleeve shirts barely reach my wrist bone?

Oh, you were talking about hair....well, I need support there too! I'm finally at apl and all I want for .... Christmas, President's Day, Fourth of July, Election Day, etc...... is bsl!

This is an old post, but I sooo feel your pain!

LongLeggedLife

Hahaha-cute thread!
I'm almost 5'11, I haven't bothered to take actual hair measurements, and I know it will take longer than a shorter person, but I'm in no real rush. I love my hair (and height) how it is, reaching my BSL goal is just icing on the cake. I'm about 3 inches away from the back/crown of my hair reaching BSL, but my bangs/front are only SL.
Just gonna let it do what it do til then I guess-meh.

pjbapb

Is it to late to join? I was just thinking this as I looked in the mirror a few minutes ago. I am 6 feet tall and between CBL and APL. I feel like I have stalled there. I try to care more about health than length but it ain't always easy! LOL

MsChelle

I am LATE!!!!! Didn't know this thread existed. I think I may be the tallest tree in the forest.....I stand 6ft 3in tall barefoot and I LOVE IT!!!! I am a tiny bit past shoulder length and have been forever.:yep:

Chevelure618

I am with you for sure. I am 5'10.5. My full APL looks like SL on me. It would be MBL on someone else.

Hang in there. Long hair looks GREAT on tall women....a real head turner.

MsKdBee

Ladies I know how you feel..................I have been crawling towards waist length at a snails pace. It feels like i am never going to get there.

NuBraveHeart

5'9" checking in. i am right below shoulder length at my longest layers from the nape area. i've got a long way to go to BSL and midback. good to know you ladies are out there though.

sweethair

Im 5'9 1/2 apl is taking forever!! Im just barely apl and want to grow out my layers, my short term goal is full apl by July.

Last edited:

AlliCat

I get slightly irritated when the shorties say height has nothing do to with length because of long torso yadda yadda...at the end of the day of course the short people are going to reach waist length faster because they have less body to cover!

Ironically I'm to short to join (5'6) but just wanted to show support!!!

Last edited: