a few days late... but i did my BIG CHOP!! #win

poookie

hey all! i've been slacking on LHCF for a bit, but i just wanted to announce...

that i did my BIG CHOP!!

i thought i was going to wait to transition an entire year... but after washing my hair, thinking i was going to flat-iron it straight, & having my relaxed ends laugh at my attempts to detangle, i went ahead and chopped those bad boys off!! i transitioned for exactly 6 months: last relaxer: 9/5/09, BC: 3/5/10

now i'm on team Natural, and i LOVE IT!!!

still rocking my wig every now & then, but i'm LOVING my TWA stage. funny thing though: my hair stretches out to almost 3", but it shrinks up to about 3/4 of an inch. i have over 100% shrinkage, i think :D

type? pssh! i have NO idea! as you can see in my siggy, i have coilies, but it all kind of shrinks up.

i'll admit, i did cry my eyes out after chopping the first lock of hair, but the rest came easy. cutting my hair was the most liberating feeling ever. now off to grow it back out!!!

just wanted to share :)

Attachments

• beforeBC.jpg
    beforeBC.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 252
  • theChop.jpg
    theChop.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 271
  • theResult.jpg
    theResult.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 336
  • feelinRandy.jpg
    feelinRandy.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 297
  • LOVEIT.jpg
    LOVEIT.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 299

Addy3010

Congrats! Looks good, and it is liberating when you cut that 1st lock then the rest comes easy. Good luck

nikki2229

Congratulations on your BC!
Your hair looks great!
Will you grow your color out or continue to color?

ETA: I have over 75% shrinkage. I don't know how long my hair has to grow in order to show some length.
I am 16 months post and shrunken my hair still looks like a fro.

Last edited:

poookie

thanks everybody!! you guys are awesome! i LOVE my TWA better than i ever loved my relaxed hair! :D

Congratulations on your BC!
Your hair looks great!
Will you grow your color out or continue to color?

ETA: I have over 75% shrinkage. I don't know how long my hair has to grow in order to show some length.
I am 16 months post and shrunken my hair still looks like a fro.

yep, i'm going to grow the color out for now. i'll continue to henna for the reddish tint, though. & wow, 16 months post! you're more patient than me, lol! that's good to know about the shrinkage. i was curious as to how super shrinky hair will be as it grows out.

CONGRATS, did already have colour in it? i like it

thanks! the color in my TWA is the lightened hair i have in my avatar. i henna-ed over it, & i'm going to let it grow out.

Whimsy

LOVE IT
Congrats on the BC and i love how you're feeling yourself in that 4th pic. ur like yeah i look good, i know it owwww!! heheheh