A nice moisturizing way to use Pomada De Azufre…

HoneyDew

I bought Pomada De Azufre because I just can’t use M-T-G anymore because of the smell. The Pomada De Azufre has a thick texture and is yellow. I tried putting it on my scalp, but it is just way too thick. Here are the ingredients of the Pomada De Azufre:

“Specially processed microcrystalline sulfur 10% in an oil-free water washable base”

I made a concoction that I am very happy with. I used:
- Pomada De Azufre
-100% Jojoba oil
-Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cream
-ORS Fertilizing Serum

I put about half a jar of Pomada De Azufre in a plastic jar. I also put in about 2 – 3 oz. of 100% Jojoba oil (I plan to experiment with other oils next time. Emu oil is on my list) and mixed it all together. It looked like cottage cheese.

Then I put in Carrot Cream by Hollywood Beauty :
Deionized Water , Isopropyl Myristate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Soybean Oil , Stearic Acid , Ceteareth 20 , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Carrot Oil , Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein , Vitamin A Palmitate , Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid , Vitamin E Tocopherol , Carrot Extract Beta Carotene , L-Cystine , Panthenol Vitamin B , Peanut Oil , Arginine , Horsetail Extract.

My mixture is mostly made up with this stuff. I picked this one because I like the ingredients, although it would not be ideal for those trying to cut out parabens and other ingredients.

I whipped it all up with a little plastic knife and now the texture is just like vanilla pudding. It is very soft and smooth.

I had about 1/2 a jar of the ORS Fertilizing Serum that I then stirred in.

That made it more watery so I put in more Carrot Cream to get the pudding texture back.

I put it all over my scalp and I am happy with the way it feels. NOT GREASY!! NOT STINKY!! In fact, it does not really smell like anything at all and my scalp and roots feel really good.

I am only going to use this as my scalp moisturizer for a few months w/o supplementing any other products on my scalp to see if it gives results similar to other sulfur products (i.e. Sulfur 8, Glovers M-T-G) and I will report back.

P

patient1

Good thing you added all the other moisturizing agents. I used the sulfur pomade on my face to dry up some zits and MAN! It did the job but it dries the life outta your skin. So imagine it would be drying to the hair/scalp too except for all the other ingredients you added.

Enjoy!
P1

HoneyDew

My hair has grown so much!

Well, I changed the way I made it. I mixed in a blender Sulfur Powder, Emu oil, Mango Butter (not elasta qp's - the real stuff) and a few other oils.

I stopped using it about a week or so ago, though. Since I have stopped wearing weaves and braids all together, I am forced to to style my own hair more often. It seems to go better w/o much product.

I really have to find a happy medium. :ohwell:

cocoberry10

I got mine from Dollar General. It's in the hispanic product section.

It looks like you live in Florida. What part of Florida (if you don't mind me asking). I am going to call the Dollar General, get a UPC for it, and then get it transferred to my area (i live on the East Coast)

HoneyDew

Ladies, I don't use this anymore. Haven't in a while. My hair grew a lot when I used it, but when I used the Pomada De Azufre on an acne spot on my face, the area, though the bump cleared, would turn dry and flaky. I did not want that to happen to my scalp. I know there are ladies that use this with no problems.

Honestly, I don't remember actually dealing with a dry scalp at all, when I mixed it with something, but I decided that I will just let my hair do its thing without any extra help.

HHG. :)

cocoberry10

Ladies, I don't use this anymore. Haven't in a while. My hair grew a lot when I used it, but when I used the Pomada De Azufre on an acne spot on my face, the area, though the bump cleared, would turn dry and flaky. I did not want that to happen to my scalp. I know there are ladies that use this with no problems.

Honestly, I don't remember actually dealing with a dry scalp at all, when I mixed it with something, but I decided that I will just let my hair do its thing without any extra help.

HHG. :)

Thanks for this information!

Platinum

It looks like you live in Florida. What part of Florida (if you don't mind me asking). I am going to call the Dollar General, get a UPC for it, and then get it transferred to my area (i live on the East Coast)

I live in Jacksonville. My DH's family is in Tallahassee. I've also seen Pomada De Azufre in Family Dollar (I've seen it in Phoenix Arizona).:yep: I hope you get to find it! Good luck!