Yes To Carrots -- New Great 2009 Conditioner Find!

tkj25

i happened to find this new line over the holidays and it is a definite keeper.:grin::grin::grin: as a pj, i'm always on the lookout for a new slippy, moisturizing, conditioner. i have a solid regime, and i've tried enough products to know when it's giving my hair what it needs -- namely moisture, slip, & dries soft to the touch (all natural/botanical ingredients & paraben-free help as well:drunk:) surprisingly, i found it at duane reade in nyc & target in jersey. i used the hair & scalp mud mask as a no-poo/deep conditioning treatment, and the pampering hair mud conditioner as a leave-in. both worked great! giving me soft, hydrated hair. i posted the ingredients below:

C is for Hair Care
Hair and Scalp Moisturizing Mud Mask

Water (Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Oil, Glycerin, Lactic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Niacin, Dimethicone, Algae Extracts (Rhodella, Dunaliella, Spirulina), Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Organic Extracts, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Panthenol, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Juice, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Oil, Apple Vinegar (Acetum), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

C is for Conditioner
Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner:

Water (Aqua), Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Silt (Maris Limus), Magnesium Chloride, Chamomila Recutita (Chamomile) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Juice, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Juice, Ipomoera Batatas (Sweet Potato) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Honey (Mel) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Dimethicone, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Cetrimonium Chloride, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract.

http://www.yestocarrots.com/

soulie

Thanks for sharing this; I've seen the line at Walgreens and wondered about it, but never picked it up to even read the ingredients. I'll have to remember this; mud might be interesting to try.

winnettag

Wow, good ingredients! Only one cone and it's the "good" one, lol. I'll have to try it...I love natural products I can buy at a store and not have to order.

tkj25

Thanks for sharing this; I've seen the line at Walgreens and wondered about it, but never picked it up to even read the ingredients. I'll have to remember this; mud might be interesting to try.

you're welcome. this was a nice surprise. i think a lot of stores are catching on to the whole organic/natural thing:) and this product doesn't look like mud (even though dead sea mud is one of the ingredients). it's lightly orange & creamy, with a faint sweet smell. it absorbs really quickly.

OOOH! Thanks! That sounds good! I might have to try that One day! So the Name is MUD?

nope, it's yes to carrots. look for the orange labels. i don't know why they call it mud (other than the ingredient) the consistency is not mudlike at all.

MonaLisa

Heading to Walgreen's shortly....will make sure to pause and finger this particular product line while there... thanks for the review :)

GoldenBreeze

Thanks tkj, good looking out! :yep: Although I currently have enough product, I'm going to write this down. As soon as I need to replenish, I'm going to try this line.

Alastri

has anyone tried that yes to cucumbers leave in?

i have the yes to carrots regular condish and i love it! i usually stay away from cones, but i decided to pick it up anyway. nice slip and left my hair moist and soft :grin:

AtlantaJJ

I'm such a PJ, :nono: I have the Mask and the Conditioner, thank you for reminding me its in my stash!! :look:

I really like it too, get it when they have the BOGO sale :yep:

laurenashLey

going to walgreens now...plan on using with mega teK to preveNt shedding...
think this will be good?
I just bought Burt Bees pre-poo and the shea butter deep cond and fell inlove on the first time, which NEVER happens for me!

laurenashLey

JUST GOT BACK..
under the dryer now, DCing now with the mask
I love the shampoo...and I usually used aveda damage remedy or Deva Curl NO-poo..and I like YES TO CARROTS...its def. a staple! :) :) :)

msa

I love the Yes to Tomatoes shower gel and lotion...I would try the conditioner but I'm not feeling some of the ingredients (dimethicone, fragrance, and Imidazolidinyl Urea) . But, it would do in a pinch, especially when traveling. If I ever see a small size I may try it.

Healthb4Length

Tkj25, thank you thank you thank you for reviewing this! I was always interested in this but was hesistant to try this. I tried this yesterday and I couldn't believe how much moisture, slip and softness I had using this. Today, 24 hours later my hair is still very soft! Do not sleep on this conditioner y'all! It's that serious! The comb was able to glide through my 10+ weeks of NG.

growth2come

I saw this in Debenhams in the UK last year and I have had my eye on it as I was impressed with the ingredients list. I will def get some conditioner as I am not into shampoo these days.

Nice Lady

Yes To Carrots! Is the truth. I used it and it broke a protein overload. Specifically, I used the Mud Moisturizer--I love it has key ingredients such as Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and other organic products helpful to the hair. I found it at target and it is also on drugstore.com.

MrJohnsonsRib

I just checked out their website and I'm looking around to see what I can find for me....I may try it out. They also have a printable coupon for $2 off any product-but that is for U.S. residents only. The discount may help you decide if you will try it or not.

Odd One

Ohhh i passed by this line so many times!!! Does someone know how is the Mud Mask compared to the NTM mask??

Healthb4Length

Ohhh i passed by this line so many times!!! Does someone know how is the Mud Mask compared to the NTM mask??

IMO, it provides a lot more slip and moisture than NTM. NTM has too many cones and eventually causes build up for me, this is better because it provides so much moisture and softness and it's more cost effective.

Healthb4Length

I just checked out their website and I'm looking around to see what I can find for me....I may try it out. They also have a printable coupon for $2 off any product-but that is for U.S. residents only. The discount may help you decide if you will try it or not.

Where are you finding this coupon?