Yes To Carrots -- New Great 2009 Conditioner Find!

Desarae

OMG...I purchased the YTC Conditioner yesterday from Walgreens.

I know I'm not supposed to be buying products and stuff right now, but, see, what had happened was, I needed cash back from my debit card, so I had to purchase SOMETHING, and all the YTC stuff was right by the register, so I just grabbed it real quick...

Let me tell you, I went home. I Clarified my hair with Mizani Puriphying Poo.

I wrung the excess water out of my hair. I squeezed out about a nice half ounce of the conditioner into my palm. I rubbed my hands together, (it felt good even in my hands yall!) I put that bad boy all up in my hair and scalp and rubbed it through....WHOOOOOO!!!! Amazing I tell ya. The softess, amazing, the slip, amazing, the scent, light baby powdery not overpowering AT ALL. When I say my hair drunk this stuff up, it literally melted into my hair and it really felt like it was nourishing my hair. My hair has been dry for a few weeks now and nothing was touching it. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinsed. My hair felt wonderfully soft and quenched. I liked how it felt so much that I took a dime sized amount and put it in my hair as a leave in. That's all i put in my hair.

I detangled my hair and then wet wrapped it, put on my scarf and went to sleep.

WHEN I WOKE UP....I TOOK OFF MY SCARF....I UNWRAPPED MY HAIR....I COMBED IT DOWN.....

Silky, shiny, moist, luscious, bouncy. My ends look great. I'm carrying the bottle around in my purse I'm so happy. I am going to flat iron my hair later and hopefully it will come out great and not sticky. I cannot wait to try this on my DD's natural hair and do Terry's method as a leave in. I'm sold!

Love this stuff, and I got a dollar off coupon from a lady at Walgreens! I'm going to get the rest that was on the shelf because I need this in my life at all times.

If your hair is dry and lacking moisture this may be what you need.

MonaLisa

I know I'm not supposed to be buying products and stuff right now, but, see, what had happened was, I needed cash back from my debit card, so I had to purchase SOMETHING, and all the YTC stuff was right by the register, so I just grabbed it real quick...

I wrung the excess water out of my hair. I squeezed out about a nice half ounce of the conditioner into my palm. I rubbed my hands together, (it felt good even in my hands yall!) I put that bad boy all up in my hair and scalp and rubbed it through....WHOOOOOO!!!! Amazing I tell ya. The softess, amazing, the slip, amazing, the scent, light baby powdery not overpowering AT ALL. When I say my hair drunk this stuff up, it literally melted into my hair and it really felt like it was nourishing my hair. My hair has been dry for a few weeks now and nothing was touching it. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinsed. My hair felt wonderfully soft and quenched. I liked how it felt so much that I took a dime sized amount and put it in my hair as a leave in. That's all i put in my hair.

WHEN I WOKE UP....I TOOK OFF MY SCARF....I UNWRAPPED MY HAIR....I COMBED IT DOWN.....

Silky, shiny, moist, luscious, bouncy. My ends look great. I'm carrying the bottle around in my purse I'm so happy. I am going to flat iron my hair later and hopefully it will come out great and not sticky. I cannot wait to try this on my DD's natural hair and do Terry's method as a leave in. I'm sold!

Love this stuff, and I got a dollar off coupon from a lady at Walgreens! I'm going to get the rest that was on the shelf because I need this in my life at all times.

awwww...she fell in love too.....
:grin:

biancaelyse

I have the conditioner and I love it. It really makes my hair moisturized. I have the mask also but I haven't tried it yet. Must do this weekend!!

BostonMaria

Moderators please shut down this thread! I am getting tired of going to Walgreen's and not finding my favorite Yes to Carrots mask. Kthxbi!

so1913

I saw the whole Yes To Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers, and Yes to Tomato lines at Walgreens Times Square last week. I was definitely tempted to get the SYTC conditioners you all have been raving about, but I'm determined to hold out!!! (lets see how long that lasts)

Nice & Wavy

It's been a few weeks for me and that's all I've been using....I absolutely love the mask and the conditioner!!! My hair stays soft and moisturized...I haven't used ANY LEAVE IN PRODUCTS AT ALL, neither conditioner, oil or anything!

I'm still amazed and so glad that I've tried this product.:yep:

It's so funny though how some products work for some and not for others...that always amazes me. I too go through that....some products people raved about my hair did not like at all.
:lachen:

Nice & Wavy

You sound like me when I first used it....:lachen:

TdotGirl

Y'all are some serious pushers!

I caved in and bought it. Love the smell and it made the detangling process much better. My hair is not dry like the sahara and I'm loving it! Seems like a keeper.

so1913

Just picked up a bottle of the mud conditioner, will try it after I rinse out my cassia treatment!

I held off on the mask...I couldn't remember what the verdict was vs. the two, and just opted for the regular conditioner.

natty rebels

this ish is the truth.... im in love with a condish.... :yep: especially mixing he yes to carrots condish with a lil baking soda.... nishe!!!

Bless,
N.rebels

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I was at Target today still no Yes to Carrots Mud Mask. I think they are cleared from the last time I cleared them out. I'm down to 4. I gotta get some more because I will not run out.

La Colocha

I was at Target today still no Yes to Carrots Mud Mask. I think they are cleared from the last time I cleared them out. I'm down to 4. I gotta get some more because I will not run out.

Next time your there speak with a manager or stock person to find out when shipments usually come in. Its mostly early in the morning when the trucks come in. If you have time i would definatly try in the mornings right when they open. Its been times when ive went to stores early not just target when they are still stocking the shelves Hth.

~NanCeBoTwin~

I tried the Mud Mask today for the first time. I'd gone swimming earlier, so I clarified, co-washed, then applied the Mud Mask for about 3 hours (I was doing things around the house and whatnot) so I detangled a bit, then rinsed and all I can say is WOW....I'm sold. I'll be purchasing this again.

jojo18

I tried the yes to cucumbers shampoo and yes to carrots mud mask (after clarifying first). The shampoo made my hair feel strong, like there was protein in it. Then the mask totally flattened my ng (and I am about 8 weeks post). I could actually feel the water hitting my scalp when I washed it out :drunk: BUT even though my hair was and still is very moisturized, I had a hard time detangling. I have never experienced such moisture with no slip. Perhaps it was the shampoo? Can someone provide some insight?

Nonetheless, I will definitely purchase again. I will try it with a different cleanser (hairone has been my baby as of late) :yep:

Brownie518

I've been using the Mask for the past few weeks and I will definitely keep buying this. I kept seeing MonaLisa talking about it so I caved and got some! :nono: But, she was right! I love it! It provides great moisture and my hair is well detangled and so silky!! :yep:

Coffee

When I first tried this, it didn't do a thing for my hair. Well I gave it a 2nd chance, and it worked much much better. So much better, I may be buying another bottle:lachen:.

Ronnieaj

When I first tried this, it didn't do a thing for my hair. Well I gave it a 2nd chance, and it worked much much better. So much better, I may be buying another bottle:lachen:.

LOLOL!! I had just read your original review too! I'm glad you liked it. I just tried to YTC Mud Mask, and really like it, and I'm trying the YTC Conditioner this weekend. I also have the Yes to Cucumbers regular and leave-in condish. I like the leave-in, but I feel like I'm used to more slip. I'll have to try it again. Haven't tried to YTCucumbers yet, but I'll be sure to report when I do!

Babylilac

Bumping this .Thanks tkj25 this conditioner is great.I have been looking for a cheap natural conditoner which works which I could buy in store.I tried this and I have fallen in love with it I will keep on using it because IT IS GOOD.I am going to buy the mud mask today

SweetSpirit86

I tried the yes to cucumbers shampoo and yes to carrots mud mask (after clarifying first). The shampoo made my hair feel strong, like there was protein in it. Then the mask totally flattened my ng (and I am about 8 weeks post). I could actually feel the water hitting my scalp when I washed it out :drunk: BUT even though my hair was and still is very moisturized, I had a hard time detangling. I have never experienced such moisture with no slip. Perhaps it was the shampoo? Can someone provide some insight?

Nonetheless, I will definitely purchase again. I will try it with a different cleanser (hairone has been my baby as of late) :yep:

I experienced that with the mud mask. It was super moisturizing, but it gave me no slip.:ohwell: There isn't much to slide through right now, but it's enough!! lol

Odd One

maybe the no slip is because silicones are not the primordial ingredients?

I add olive oil to it and its great!