Abstinence Challenge 365, 24-7

angaliquew

Count me in too...although I've been celibate for almost 2 years now, it's good to know that I'm not alone, especially when I start to question if it's worth it. :ohwell:
Just reading everyones positive post have reassured me that I'm doing the right thing and that we all will be blessed beyond measure if we keep God 1st in our lives.

I'll keep all of you ladies in my prayers :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Alright angaliquew :yay:

God Bless you for joining. :kiss: We all have the same goal of following the Christian life. :yep: You are def not alone. :)

sithembile

Sugaplum
My challenge is going well, I've been praying lately for God to purify my mind and for Him to help me to cast down any wrong imaginations, its not easy, but I feel so good when I am able to overcome any sexual thoughts. Its good to know that there are other ladies here who are on the same path in life.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
sithembile said:
Sugaplum
My challenge is going well, I've been praying lately for God to purify my mind and for Him to help me to cast down any wrong imaginations, its not easy, but I feel so good when I am able to overcome any sexual thoughts. Its good to know that there are other ladies here who are on the same path in life.

That's great sithembile. :yay: I've been having a constant battle with my dreams at night and they are full of "sex junk"!! :shocked: Does this happen to you or anyone else here?

When I pray before I go to bed at night (Asking God to intervine), I no longer have dreams that are full of "sex junk." But instead I have dreams of the end of the world!! :shocked:

angaliquew

sugaplum said:
That's great sithembile. :yay: I've been having a constant battle with my dreams at night and they are full of "sex junk"!! :shocked: Does this happen to you or anyone else here?

When I pray before I go to bed at night (Asking God to intervine), I no longer have dreams that are full of "sex junk." But instead I have dreams of the end of the world!! :shocked:

OMG :eek: the same thing has been happening to me too. I've learned how to deal with the thoughts during the day but I've noticed that I've been having some crazy dreams...if you know what I mean. I wonder why that happens :confused:

P.S. thank you for the warm welcome sugaplum :kiss:

Last edited:

bajanplums1

I know i am late to this challenge, but I am definitely in. I have tried on my own in the past, but fell short.

I am at a transitional point in my life. I have been active from age 21-27 and have to say sex alone it is not that satisfying. What is more satisfying is being in love and in a committed relationship.

I also realized that a lot of time I have sex because I fell that I need to do it to make my man happy.

This summer, I finish law school, taking the bar and begin working again after a 3 year hiatus. I am turning 28, I want to be in a real relationship that will lead to marriage. I feel that 6 years was more than enough time to do as the world does and it isn't for me. I want more, this is a good start.

thanks ladies!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
bajanplums1 said:
I know i am late to this challenge, but I am definitely in. I have tried on my own in the past, but fell short.

I am at a transitional point in my life. I have been active from age 21-27 and have to say sex alone it is not that satisfying. What is more satisfying is being in love and in a committed relationship.

I also realized that a lot of time I have sex because I fell that I need to do it to make my man happy.

This summer, I finish law school, taking the bar and begin working again after a 3 year hiatus. I am turning 28, I want to be in a real relationship that will lead to marriage. I feel that 6 years was more than enough time to do as the world does and it isn't for me. I want more, this is a good start.

thanks ladies!

God Bless you for joining bajanplums1. :yay: I think we all have fallen short of God's glory. But He's always there to pick us up. ;)

And you will be finishing law school this summer. :) That is fantastic :yay: What a blessing.

I looked at this thread as a means of starting over and new with Christ. :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
angaliquew said:
OMG :eek: the same thing has been happening to me too. I've learned how to deal with the thoughts during the day but I've noticed that I've been having some crazy dreams...if you know what I mean. I wonder why that happens :confused:

P.S. thank you for the warm welcome sugaplum :kiss:

You're welcome angaliquew. :rosebud:

And WOW-O-WOW!! :shocked: That is something how we are going through the same things. And I know what you mean by "crazy dreams." But what the part that boggles my mind is, I would never, IN 1000 YEARS, do the things in my dreams. :nono: And to top it off, I've never had dreams of this intensity either. I wonder if this is a way that the Devil will try to intervene becuase we longer have sex? :confused:

angaliquew

sugaplum said:

And WOW-O-WOW!! :shocked: That is something how we are going through the same things. And I know what you mean by "crazy dreams." But what the part that boggles my mind is, I would never, IN 1000 YEARS, do the things in my dreams. :nono: And to top it off, I've never had dreams of this intensity either. I wonder if this is a way that the Devil will try to intervene becuase we longer have sex? :confused:

Who knows...all I know is that God knows our heart and our intent to follow his word ;)
back off devil! :hammer:

angaliquew

bajanplums1 said:

thanks ladies!

Happy to see you're joining us bajanplums1...good luck passing the bar :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hello ladies,

I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing.
How is evryone?

I've been praying for all the ladies on this challenge as well. :angel:

BLESSED1

sugaplum said:
Hello ladies,

I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing.
How is evryone?

I've been praying for all the ladies on this challenge as well. :angel:

thanks for the prayer, I know I really need it. My bf just left me when he realized I was serious about abstaining from sex, and I work at a gym & am surrounded by umm, healthy and handsome men....must stop typing now, getting mental pictures in my head :look:

mahogany

BLESSED1 said:
thanks for the prayer, I know I really need it. My bf just left me when he realized I was serious about abstaining from sex, and I work at a gym & am surrounded by umm, healthy and handsome men....must stop typing now, getting mental pictures in my head :look:

<Sigh>.. My Bf just left me too because I chose to abstain. I have really been going through a roller coaster of emotions right now, I thought he was the one. :cry3: I was anointed with Oil Friday night, but I would really appreciate it if you guys could pray for me.

Ayeshia

sugaplum said:

nah. Im not a christian but I say that its normal to dream about sex...in fact who controls what they dream about anyway?. They usually say the last distant thing on your mind is what you end up dreaming about. Trust if I could have sex in my dreams every night please believe I wouldn't even bother with sex the "real world" :rofl:. Good luck to all of you ladies in the challenge :).

sugaplum

Star Shooter
mahogany & BLESSED1 these are the same steps I took and I never looked back. I'm very proud of you ladies. :)

And I'm not going to lie, it hurted losing the one I "thought" was the one for me. But then I asked myself, am I more afraid of losing this guy or is my love for this guy greater then love I have for God? :look:

Luke 6:22 - "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!

mahogany, I can say that the pain does hurt, but it does go away. ;)

Ayeshia, I used to think that we have no control over our dreams, but the minute I prayed for God to interviene, He just pushes that devil right on back to where he belongs. :) Christians understand what this means. As far as what "they" say.....the devil says a lot of stuff, but we know who our true Heavenly Father is. :yep:

Thank you for the support Ayeshia, and I will keep you in my prayers as well. :kiss:

Last edited:

Ayeshia

sugaplum said:
mahogany & BLESSED1 these are the same steps I took and I never looked back.

And I'm not going to lie, it hurted losing the one I "thought" was the one for me. But then I asked myself, am I more afraid of losing this guy or is my love for this guy greater then love I have for God? :look:

Luke 6:22 - "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man!

mahogany, I can say that the pain does hurt, but it does go away. ;)

Ayeshia, I used to think that we have no control over our dreams, but the minute I prayed for God to interviene, He just pushes that devil right on back to where he belongs. :) Christians understand what this means. As far as what "they" say...well, the devil says a lot of stuff, but we know who our true Father is.

Thank you for the support Ayeshia, and I will keep you in my prayers as well. :kiss:

Thanks :) ...and "they" I was referring to the psychologists/dream analysts ..but its all good :)

pebbles

sugaplum said:

You better believe the enemy is using every means possible. All he has to do is place these thoughts in your mind, and you're on your way. Whether you're awake or asleep, he's done his job. When you are praying, ask the Lord to protect your thoughts and desires even in your sleep. This is all from a Christian perspective. The doctors and psychologists will say something else and people who aren't religious will feel this is all nonsense, but know what the Father expects of us. That's the only thing that counts. :)

Ayeshia

sugaplum said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this apply to everyone in the "Christianty Forum"??? :look:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=50150

Im not trying to debate or counteract anything you believe. Its not that serious when you have to post the rules...I know what the rules are :look:. I have a very open mind and I was replying to what you said aiight? Wait am I allowed to post in here or not? Seriously.

and @ pebbles I didnt say anything according to your beliefs were nonsense or wrong. Im not against what anybody has to say, esp here.

Have a great day! the weather is beautiful out (well at least where I live :) )
and once again GOOD LUCK on the Challenge :) :clap:

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
pebbles said:
You better believe the enemy is using every means possible. All he has to do is place these thoughts in your mind, and you're on your way. Whether you're awake or asleep, he's done his job. When you are praying, ask the Lord to protect your thoughts and desires even in your sleep. This is all from a Christian perspective. The doctors and psychologists will say something else and people who aren't religious will feel this is all nonsense, but know what the Father expects of us. That's the only thing that counts. :)
Thank you, pebbles. :kiss:

Ayesha, have a blessed day and I love you. :)

How is everyone doing on the challenge?

Last edited:

Cinnabuns

sugaplum said:
Thank you, pebbles. :kiss:

Ayesha, have a blessed day and I love you. :)

How is everyone doing on the challenge?

I'm doing great Sugaplum! God is working in my life more than ever right now and I can't thank Him enough for all that He has done for me. :)

God bless everyone.

Note: I am praising the Lord that this post is now a sticky! God bless you too mods :)

Sade

Ayeshia said:
Im not trying to debate or counteract anything you believe. Its not that serious when you have to post the rules...I know what the rules are :look:. I have a very open mind and I was replying to what you said aiight? Wait am I allowed to post in here or not? Seriously.

and @ pebbles I didnt say anything according to your beliefs were nonsense or wrong. Im not against what anybody has to say, esp here.

Have a great day! the weather is beautiful out (well at least where I live :) )
and once again GOOD LUCK on the Challenge :) :clap:

I agree with Ayeshia. I am a christain but I don't go to church often that doesn't mean that I don't believe in God and it doesn't mean I will not visit the the christainity board. I visit for various reason maybe I have a question that i need answers to or maybe just for encouragement if I have some to give. Even though I am not in on the challenge I wanna encourage the people who are on it to stay on track. It is just like some of the hair challenges that we have not everyone is apart of it but it doesn't mean we all don't encourage each other. If we limit this board to just those that believe in Jesus then how are people who don't believe get enlighten? Some people might view things differently so why point out the rules like they are not welcomed? In my opinion that type of behaviour is not christ like because he embraced everyone whether they agreed with his believes or not. He listened to people and then try to show them the way. The christain thing to do is to accept everyone into this board whether or not they are christain, cuz since when is it written some where that people who aren't christains can't become christain based on being influence by a christain. I truely wish everyone on this challenge the best and I will pray for you all. I am not a part of the challenge but I can't remember the last time I had sex. I just don't wanna join the challenge because everyone else is I wanna do it because I believe in the challenge. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Stay blessed

Cinnabuns

Sade said:
I agree with Ayeshia. I am a christain but I don't go to church often that doesn't mean that I don't believe in God and it doesn't mean I will not visit the the christainity board. I visit for various reason maybe I have a question that i need answers to or maybe just for encouragement if I have some to give. Even though I am not in on the challenge I wanna encourage the people who are on it to stay on track. It is just like some of the hair challenges that we have not everyone is apart of it but it doesn't mean we all don't encourage each other. If we limit this board to just those that believe in Jesus then how are people who don't believe get enlighten? Some people might view things differently so why point out the rules like they are not welcomed? In my opinion that type of behaviour is not christ like because he embraced everyone whether they agreed with his believes or not. He listened to people and then try to show them the way. The christain thing to do is to accept everyone into this board whether or not they are christain, cuz since when is it written some where that people who aren't christains can't become christain based on being influence by a christain. I truely wish everyone on this challenge the best and I will pray for you all. I am not a part of the challenge but I can't remember the last time I had sex. I just don't wanna join the challenge because everyone else is I wanna do it because I believe in the challenge. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Stay blessed

Interesting, I saw nothing wrong with posting the rules. It's the truth right?

Christ is all about the truth. :)

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Cinnabuns said:

I think it can come across as stand offish at times. As soon as someone who's perhaps not as strong in the faith questions something in the Word, rather than answering the question and having an adult conversation (a.k.a. EVANGELIZING) the "RULE" gets slammed in their face. I believe in the Word 110%, and it even bothers ME everytime I see that done...

I just think we need to be careful with the "RULE" and be a bit more sensitive to people's needs.

Anyway, back to the topic. If any one feels the need to respond concerning this, PM me....cause this is a good thread, and we should keep it on topic. :)

Sade

Cinnabuns said:

Well I did. We are all adults and have all read the rules why throw it in people's faces.

Anyway, back to the topic how is everyone doing? I am on the fence whether I wanna join the challenge or not. I am praying about it and in due time I hope I abstain from sex. I haven't physically had sex in so long ( I can't even remember) but i don't wanna think about it either.

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Sade said:
Anyway, back to the topic how is everyone doing? I am on the fence whether I wanna join the challenge or not. I am praying about it and in due time I hope I abstain from sex. I haven't physically had sex in so long ( I can't even remember) but i don't wanna think about it either.

Well let me push you over the fence...just kidding :lol:

In all seriousness, abstaining from sex till marraige is one of the best things you could do for your body, soul, emotions, everything.... Apart from what God says about it, in the natural it makes plain sense to wait till your married. Think about it...
When you wait...

you don't have to worry about who else your partner has been with
you don't have to worry about OOW pregnancy and/or birth control
you don't have to worry about STDs
and what BEST, you don't have to worry about HEARTBREAK which is what typically happens when people have sex outside of marriage.

All together, it's not worth it in the long run. A little bit of pleasure isn't worth giving yourself to someone who doesn't deserve it. What's good about your situation, is you haven't had sex in a while, so it'll be much easier for you to abstain here on out, than a lot of the ladies here who are in relationships that they need to break off.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Sade said:
Well I did. We are all adults and have all read the rules why throw it in people's faces.

As far as the rules I wasn't throwing it anyone's face. :nono: I apologize if you or anyone else got this from what I posted, by no means did I mean to do this. From what I read that the mod's posted for the rules of the board it says that this forum was for those who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and believe in God. Ayeshia stated that she wasn't a Christian so I'm :confused: I'm not trying to push anyone away from the Truth.... sheesh!! :rolleyes:

I'll pray for you,sista. :kiss:

Last edited:

Cinnabuns

Sade said:
I will pray that you do join.

I love your siggy it has one of my favorite Bible scriptures :)

It says "I can do all things through Christ" and I believe that with God's help you can apply this to your eveyday life of becoming abstinent.

God Bless You :)

Last edited: