All 4a/b hair types

KathyMay

How many times a week do you wash your hair? I am trying to get into the habit of washing my hair twice a week. When I know I am not going to my stylist. Here is washing routine please give me any advice u have I am open to anything now

Washing #1
Apply mayo conditioner
Wash it out with Loreal Nature's therapy poo
Deep condition with LUST
Rinse out and apply VOS Balsam and Protein Cond

Washing #2 normally my Condition wash
If I am doing a protein treatment I will use Aphogee treatment with the balance moisturizer
next I do a deep conditioner with the other Aphgee conditioner and rinse out

PS I always have my weak spot that is shorter than the rest of hair but I can blend it in with my longer hair.

I usually wash every 2 days, that is every other day. I usually alternate between poo/con and just con/rinse. Most of the conditioners I use are intense or deep and work in 5 minutes. I hot oil when I feel it could use it. The same for protein treatments. I several products I use. The faves are Kenra Shampoo, Avon Active Replenshing Mask(Moisture) and Loreal Professionnel Poo/Con (Protein).

I wash my hair 3 to 4 times a week and I usually wet it on a daily basis. I condition with Keracare humecto and I moisturize with Elasta QP Recovery. Then I use the ponytail baggie method. But instead of wearing a ponytail wig, I tie scarfs around it, so I can get different looks. I only use Aphogee when I see breakage and I've only used their moisturizing condition once, but did not like it.

I was washing twice a week but changed after getting Carolyn Gray's book. Am now only washing once a week for the last six weeks per her book. Now its time for a retouch. cant wait.

I wash twice a week, mid-week I use my Jason's naturals products (jojoba shampoo, sea kelp or biotin conditioner), on the weekend I use Keracare dry itchy scalp and do a deep conditioning treatment with Affirm 5 in 1 or LUST.I alternate between jojoba oil and Profectiv breakfree for moisture and strength, and I use Biolage leave in as a detangler. That's pretty much it.

there is NO WAY i could wash my hair more than once a week. i don't know how you guys do it. maybe my hair is superthick or somethign, but thre's just no way. i simply don't have the time.

i'm like <b>ladydee</b> and wash once a week.

I usually wash mine 2 or 3 times a week. I was Infusium 23 relaxed/color treated shampoo and conditioner but I recently switched to Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo and Intense Fortifying Hair Conditioner. IMO, Infusium is a lot better and the conditioner has a lot more slip.

I actually wash my hair whenever I feel like it, its so relaxing now, I find I do it to relieve stress
smile.gif
. I usually wash my hair every 3 days, either with shampoo or conditioner. If I shampoo Im sure to deep condition, if i do a conditioner wash i just spray leave-in and moisturize.

I wash at least 2 to 3 times per week which is a must because I workout 4-5 times a week and I sweat until my hair is soaking wet. I wash
laugh.gif
with con and usually clarify once a week. I use cholesterol conditionder on regular days and deep condition with UBH condtioner once a week followed by the cholesterol condtioner to softn. I now alway air dry in a ponytail and wear a bun or phonytail during the day.

It's actually not as hard as I thought to wash more than once a week. I try to keep simple.

Lately, I've been washing only once per week due to the weather, but I think I'm going to wash and condition every Wednesday and Saturday.

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
I actually wash my hair whenever I feel like it, its so relaxing now, I find I do it to relieve stress
smile.gif
. I usually wash my hair every 3 days, either with shampoo or conditioner. If I shampoo Im sure to deep condition, if i do a conditioner wash i just spray leave-in and moisturize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it too to relieve stress! I thought I was the only one. I was so stressed at work the other day that I stopped by the BSS to try a new shampoo to "relax" I eneded up try Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed hair and it was fabulous! My hair is now so soft and smooth, I can't tell where my new growth from the relaxed hair.

Since it's winter I usually co wash every 3 days to keep my hair from drying out. I use a LeKair's Cholesterol treatment once a week. I use protein treatments when my hair starts to get weak. After I wash I use Sta-Sof-Fro's Rub on Conditioner and let it dry. After it dries, I apply some oil, usually WGO, and a moisturizer.

If I'm not wearing a weave or extensions in my hair, then I'll wash it everyday (shampoo once a week, con. wash for the rest of the week). My hair is thick but dries in like an hour, this doesn't cause me to get sick in the winter.

I love showering and being clean from head to toe as well. I did wash once a week but with the gym and the weather I am just better overall to wash. AAAAAHHHH!

Tues, Thurs and Sat for me...I actually enjoy it...

I condition waah and to make sure that I have no build up or lint in my natural hair...3 times a week seems to do the trick...my hair seems to respond too...it is growing like a weed!!

Wed condition wash with Suave humectant. Giovanni direct as a leave in, Africa's best herbal oil. Bun, tie it down and sit under warm dryer for 20 minutes to flatten it out a bit.

Saturday 1st lather poo with AO J.A.Y. followed by CON or Keracare's detangling shampoo. Deep condition with Keracare Humecto or Elucence. Giovanni direct leave in, a little oil and rollerset. AO GPB every other week.

I wash 2x weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays.
I use a mix of products depending on how my hair feels.
Shampoos are Keracare Hydrating and CON (want to try Elasta QP Conditioning or AO J.A.Y).
Conditioners are AO GPB and Mizani Fulfyl (want to try Elucence Moisturizing or AO Jojoba)
After each shampoo/conditioner I use Clariol 5x Renewal Leave-in (want to try Elasta QP Recover or Kiehls Silk Groom), then apply Kemi Oyl and Olive Oil Moisturizer.
I am pretty satisfied with this regime. I think that doing the baggie method and wearing my hair up more often has made it easier to wash my 4a/4b coarse textured hair 2x weekly.

I wash when I feel like it. Usually ranges from every other day to once every week and a half with a happy medium at about 3-4 days. It's not hard for me to wash my hair.

I don't wash with shampoo all those times although my hair has started to feel coated with my cream of nature so I'm waiting until I get home to wash again with a real shampoo.

I always wash every 3 days but lately I've been experimenting with every 2 days. So far, so good. My hair is always moisturized and soft. I'm trying to keep my regime as simple as possible.

I wash and deep condition and get a roller set at the salon once a week. Every Saturday. I briefly experimented with doing my hair twice a week, but I found that to be too much for my busy schedule. Plus, my hair comes out looking better with the roller set. I'm too used to it now to mess with that part of my regimen.

i tend to wash every 2 days due to sweaty workouts.
STYLEPINK! I love the elasta poo for relaxed hair too! I was stressed at work on wednesday and had a little money so i bought this poo and it made my day! what a coincidence!
It smells sooooo good and it detangles like a dream!

I wash every 5 to 7 days. I rotate the following products:

Pre-Shampoo: Jojoba oil/castor oil/rosemary/lavendar
Shampoos: Elucence (alts: Keracare, Nexxus or Garlic)
Protein Cond: Aubrey's GPB (alts: Affirm 5 in 1, Keraphix)
Cond: Elucence (alts: Humecto, Humectress, Garlic)
Leave ins: Biolage, Surge, Elucence, Caroln Gray's HHIB, Cathy Howse's Hair Lotion, Healthy Hair Butter, jojoba/castor oil

Routine: Shampoo with one of the above, let poo sit for 3 minutes, rinse. Protein condition, let sit according to directions. Moisturize with one of the above for 20 mins. under warm dryer or 40 minutes without heat. Apply Biolage, Surge the scalp, add a hair lotion, and seal with oil. Pull back into a pony tail. Seal the ends. Roll the ends with one or two rollers. Scarf.

That's it.

I wash my hair once a week with CON then spray a leave in conditioner. However, sometimes I wash 2 to 3 times per week the same way. Also, now I've discovered the power of plain cheap vaseline and it is awesome. It really helps you to maintain your hair length. Thanks! Ladies for the tip I'm going to ride vaseline all the way to waist length!!!!

When I first joined this board, I washed my hair once a week. After adding cycling & step to my routine, I had to up my washes to 2-3 times a week. I thought it would be hard since I have super thick hair but after learning the ponytail method, it has been a piece of cake. I alternate between Pantene, Garnier, Loreal Nature's Therapy & CON for my shampoo/conditioner.

melvytx

thanks for all the responses. I think I am going to get some LUST and Elastra QP recovery. I am all out of Elastra Mango butter so I think I will use all of Profectiv Break free. I think I need to go on a mini product challenge

Back