Allison Payne---black Chicago news anchor-WGN

Brownie

She has beautiful hair. I don't live in Chicago, but the station shows up on my cable station. Anyway, her hair seems to be top of bra strap, and it's sooooooooooooooo thick. I tune in to the station (like now) just to look at her hair. Has anyone else admired her locks?

Sky

Yes yes yes !

Her hair is beautiful and she is so pretty and so nice IRL. I met her a couple of times and she is a doll! Now maybe if I see her again I will get up enough nerve to ask her regimine! And that *is* her real hair -she is a beauty! So cute and cheery - like how she is kind of serious on the news - she is more playful IRL. I wonder if she is on this board

Cindy70

Brownie, I totally agree. Her hair is gorgeous.
I've seen her on there for years. Her hair has always been so thick and healthy looking.

Nonie

It's at bra length?
Wow! The picture on the WGN-TV website shows it when it was shorter (or it looks so) but still very nice...

Brownie...
Do you get to hear the news at all or are you totally distracted by her mane?

Brownie

yesterday, she had her hair in a somewhat high ponytail, and it hung below her neck, and it was a very thick ponytail--no thin ends at all. WOW! I was looking today, wondering if she was natural or relaxed---my guess is relaxed?????????Who knows---and it doesn't matter; her hair looks great.

Sky

Her hair is longer than that picture. The last time I saw her she had her hair in like a braid out fashion( it was down her back). IMO that picture does not do her hair justice. You have to watch the news or see her personally to appreciate her beauty.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
It's at bra length?
Wow! The picture on the WGN-TV website shows it when it was shorter (or it looks so) but still very nice...

Brownie...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, her hair is longer than that picture. From looking at her today, the front of her hair is about at the top of her armpit (sorry for the description), and I'm guessing the back is longer.

No, I don't pay attention to what she's saying at all. She could be talking about Peter Pan for all I care
. I've been hoping she'd turn her head more
. If she turns around in her seat tomorrow, we'll know she's a member of the board

Sky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's at bra length?

Brownie...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, her hair is longer than that picture. From looking at her today, the front of her hair is about at the top of her armpit (sorry for the description), and I'm guessing the back is longer.

No, I don't pay attention to what she's saying at all. She could be talking about Peter Pan for all I care
. I've been hoping she'd turn her head more
. If she turns around in her seat tomorrow, we'll know she's a member of the board

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder does she get fan mail about her hair!

Cindy70

Here's another picture where her hair is a little longer.

Found another one (can't really see her hair that well tho')

ThursdayGirl

Wow... I wish I could get WGN, she is a beautiful lady and I LOVE how thick her hair is. Is she relaxed? With that thickness I would think she was a natural!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Atlanta's Monica Kaufman needs to call her and get some hair care tips. She's been natural, relaxed, jheri curled, dyed and everything else. None of them looked nice...

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Atlanta's Monica Kaufman needs to call her and get some hair care tips. She's been natural, relaxed, jheri curled, dyed and everything else. None of them looked nice...

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
I think she's probably relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree,
and I think the body (in her hair) comes from a really good roller set.

Sky

She definitely appeared to be a 4a/b relaxed. I would be very surprised if she wasnt.

jaibee

girl for real, i remember back in the day when she used to switch up her hair so much that people would call v103's morning show the next day on the regular just to discuss her hair. she has been sticking with the short style for a while now. i think lisa rayam's hair is nice on fox 5.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I'm going to watch the WGN news just to see this woman's hair!

I lived in Atlanta and Marietta GA for almost 10 years--I remember those "WTF did Monica do to her hair this time?" conversations!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Her hair is awful. I can't believe they let her on tv looking like that! Especially when she was sporting that platinum do. And her makeup is like way over done. Yuk!

terica

Hey all, I use to live in Chicago about 6 months ago and I also was very impressed will Allison's hair. So much so, that I emailed her about it and asked her who her stylist was.

Well, long story short, I went to her stylist (she's a lady at an upscale, but not out of range, day spa in downtown Chicago. The spa is called Mario Tricoci). I like the lady but I wasn't impressed. She used a Mizani relaxer on me that she uses on all her clients, which she burned me a little bit, and she uses Biostrand products only! She told me about Allison and what a wonderful person she is and how "she" grew her hair.

After that I went out and bought the Biostrand 4-stop product line and used it religously for about 8-weeks. I wasn't impressed with it and I even started getting breakage from their daily protein spray. It smelled like caramel, but it was too much protein.

Goes to show, not everything works for everyone.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Every time I look at Devin and his BAB Bobo I smile!
I want a child. Do they sleep and look cute all the time?

I thought news anchors had to sign contracts about not altering their appearance or looking too outrageous? Remember the big stink over Maria Shriver and her cornrows? And she looked normal! Maybe all the people tuning in to see Monica's hair tragedies boost the ratings...

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
She told me about Allison and what a wonderful person she is and how "she" grew her hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the stylist recommending those particular products, what else did she say about growing Allison's hair? Did she say what condition Allison's hair was in when she first starting going to her?

Tebby

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find any Jheri Curl photos. She probably had them all burned!

[/ QUOTE ]

HOT MESS!!!! They let her get on television with her hair looking like that? Does anyone know who her stylist is?

Tebby