Dabur Amla oil users...help! (and a poll too!)

Which Dabur do you like best?

• Dabur Amla Gold

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Dabur Amla (the regular kind)

Votes: 96 70.6%
  • Just try a different Amla

Votes: 25 18.4%

• Total voters

neenee280

sunshinelady said:
I check the Dabur website and Amla Gold is not offered. Are you sure that it is authentic?

Oh dear...i just looked online too and i do not see it. I will take a picture of the bottle when i get home and y'all can tell me...:perplexed

neenee280

Here is a pic of Amla Gold....

Sorry, crappy pic phone.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I like the stinky one better since it darkens the hair and leaves a nice soft shine, but my favorite for the smell is the Dabur Amala Lite it smells sooo good. I've seen the gold one b4 but never tried it.

:lachen:I know right
How in the world have you missed all those threads talking about Dabur Amla smelling like circus animals???:lachen:

mscocoface

I like what the light and the dark does. The Dark to me also smell like a very pungent colonge so I use it to prepoo or I use it in my daily spritzer or if I am shampooing I will put some in there and let it sit on my head instead of immediately scrubing my hair.

I think I have a bottle of the gold also, had seen it in another state I visited so I bought it, have not used it yet.

ChoKitty

I like the scent of my Dabur. I have the normal dark green one. I know its strong to some people, so I put it on at night so that in the day its lessened. I use it as a moisturizer (and my Vatika as a leave in )and it makes my hair so much better...I don't know what I'd do without it

tschizum

I use the regular Dabur Amla oil. I almost seizure today when I went to the indian store and got a 16 oz bottle for $3.50. I was skipping all the way to my car, lol

tricie

I use the regular Dabur Amla oil; I don't have a problem with the smell and when you mix it with stuff, it's not quite as strong (it is the dominant scent, though!) :)

When my parents were in town one weekend, I noticed that my mom had some shedding, and I told her to try some Amla; I went off to get it, and told her that a lot of ladies on the board don't care for the smell. I opened it and she smelled and said, "Smells like poo; I can't use that!" :grin:

About 10 minutes later (and he had not heard our prior conversation), I bring the Amla in the living room and ask my dad what he thought it smelled like; his response: "Pee."

By this time, I am :lachen:!! I was like, well, I tried; but this stuff does work! :yep:

fivetimestwo

I prefer the Dabur Amla lite, but on my last trip to the Indian store, they only had regular. It's definitely stronger than the lite, but I don't think it stinks. I only pre-poo with it anyway so I don't have to worry about the smell lingering since I wash it out.

JustKiya

:lachen: I really like the smell of the regular stuff - nothing even vaguely like the circus - it smells sweet and herby.... :grin:

Different stokes for different folx, I reckon.... *lmao*

neenee280

I have been using the Dabur Jasmine because my indian store was out of Amla! It isnt too bad but it does have a faint funky amla hint to it...:look: I love it as a prepoo!:yep:

OrangeMoon

Hi Ladies. I bit the bullet and purchased some Dubar Amla Oil. I don't know how to describe the smell but it either has the essense of:

A. Old Lady Perfume
B. The Baby Wipe w. slight Poo smell:ohwell:

I don't know but it smells like something and I can't put my finger on it. Anywho...I'm at work trying to do a search but erebody in their momma is in my screen...What do you use Amla Oil for:

1. Oiling the Scalp
2. Sealing
3. Pre-pooing
3. Adding conditioners

Thank in advance! I plan to do a search on the forum later on this evening.

MissLawyerLady

Dabur Amla Gold made a huge difference in my crunchy hair!

I usually use the regular Dabur Amla as a pre-poo. However, this past weekend I did my first henna. The color was nice, but my hair just felt really dry and crunchy. I moisturized really well and sealed with castor, vatika, coconut oil every night, but still dry and crunchy. I even put Constant Care For Ends on my ends- still crunchy and dry. So, last night I grab my bottle of Dabur Amla Gold that I've only used once- I figured it couldn't hurt and it would smell better than the regular Amla. Instantly, my hair felt so much better and when I woke up this morning my hair was soft and back to its normal self.

I'll definitely be using the Gold again in the future!:yep:

Energist

I have never tried any other dabur amla, but the regular dark green kind in the green box. After you put the stinky oil on the hair, I think it helps to cover with a plastic cap and then wrap a headscarf (or 2) around your head to seal out the smell until you wash it out. I have to do this, because I wear the stuff overnight to wash it out the next day. The scent hardly comes through.

aurora3140

I haven't tried the original formula Dabur Amla oil, only the Dabur Amla Gold. I use it in my MN mix, to seal before baggying, and as an oil rinse. I love it! My hair is soft and shiny after each use.

I think it smells wonderful, too: clean like freshly shampooed hair. I opened my first new bottle in my car as soon as I bought it and I loved the smell so much, I started prepooing my hair then and there :lachen:!

One day, I'll buy the original Amla to compare them.

lovelychar

Wow really! Then I will have to give the Amla Gold a try then. I went a month back to re-up on my Regular Dabur Amla (yes the stinky dark green one) I too actually adore the smell. I wish it came in a perfume. I would so buy it.:lachen: but any who. When I went to re-up. They had the Dabur Amla lite, Regular Dabur Amla and the Dabur Amla Gold. I got the regular and the gold because I saw the other cool ingredients it had in it and was like wow this may be even better than the regular Amla.

When I got home. Talk about being pissed :wallbash: that it didn't smell as good as the regular Amla. I was so sure it was going to have the fragrance I love so much that some of you ladies despise.:lachen:
so nonetheless I'll be giving the stinky gold kind a try to get my mane all soft and silky.:yep: The regular just makes it strong and nice sheen.
Is there anyone else who tried both regular and gold and had the same results with using the gold as oppose the regular?

Dabur Amla Gold made a huge difference in my crunchy hair!

I usually use the regular Dabur Amla as a pre-poo. However, this past weekend I did my first henna. The color was nice, but my hair just felt really dry and crunchy. I moisturized really well and sealed with castor, vatika, coconut oil every night, but still dry and crunchy. I even put Constant Care For Ends on my ends- still crunchy and dry. So, last night I grab my bottle of Dabur Amla Gold that I've only used once- I figured it couldn't hurt and it would smell better than the regular Amla. Instantly, my hair felt so much better and when I woke up this morning my hair was soft and back to its normal self.

I'll definitely be using the Gold again in the future!:yep:

Pheonixx

Mine is being shipped as we speak. I love Henna..but I had no idea that the oil stank! :nono:

Geeze...first MTG; now Dabur!
>>>sigh<<<
Why does everything that's good for your hair always have to smell like a**! :wallbash:
But then again why am I shocked: Henna has a strange smell to it too. (LOL)
:ohwell:
Well....I guess I'll just be smelling like a farm animal because I don't care--I'm using it, regardless!

dcprdiva

I use the regular for pre poo and the lite gold for daily oil use. The smell doesn't bother me, I LOVE the softness and shine.