Any Canadians Using Shescentit, Curl Junkie, or Oyin products?

Aireen

I'm looking into buying these products when I'm done my stash and the shipping for the online retailers selling them is ridiculous. Any Canadians buying these products on sites that are more reasonable in terms of shipping fees? Or if you're living in Toronto like me, can I get them locally? Thanks in advance.

Humm..I don't use any of those but there's a local BBS that carry products like mix chicks and others form US...I can call and find out.

orchidgirl beat me to it. Honeyfig store is amazing...has all the natchal brands such as Kinky curly, Curl Junkie, Carol's daughter, Jane Carter. Also has some Dominican products and JBCO :grin:

Hey guys! Co-signing on Honeyfig. also I think the website doesn't mention it but they carry Qhemet products in-store only.

Btw are any of you ladies gong to the Happy Henna Day event they are holding with Hennasooq on the 20th. I'm
Seriously considering it but it'd be nice to know some LHCF members will be there.

Hey guys! Co-signing on Honeyfig. also I think the website doesn't mention it but they carry Qhemet products in-store only.

Btw are any of you ladies gong to the Happy Henna Day event they are holding with Hennasooq on the 20th. I'm
Seriously considering it but it'd be nice to know some LHCF members will be there.

I noticed that too..can't make that but if you go let me know how it was.

NaturalLibra

Wow everyone seemed to know about this HoneyFig store except me. The only place I really know is the BSS on Victoria Park & Sheppard. :look:

I never knew there was a Happy Henna Day... Wooooooow, I feel so out of the loop especially since I wanted to dye my hair recently. Too bad I'm broke though. :perplexed

I love honeyfig, even more now that they carry the Karen's Body Beautiful brand!!! Hello to my fellow canadian curlies :)

I love honeyfig, even more now that they carry the Karen's Body Beautiful brand!!! Hello to my fellow canadian curlies :)

hola_lo2002

Hello fellow Canadian! :wave:

Okay I definitely need to check this place out next month. I'm always in the area, I don't know how I missed it... :look: Is it that place that carries those conditioning caps in the window?

Lol, sorry to throw more temptation out there but for those who wanna know what the place looks like (especially if you like me, constantly lost in my own city) Hennasooq had posted pictures from her last visit on her blog.

http://hennablogspot.com/henna-sooqs-meeting-with-honey-fig/

And yeah I think Henna Day is just the name of the event. Im thinking if I go I better leave my cards @ home. I've somehow stayed on the sane edge of PJism so far (barely!) but with spring/summer coming I'm shopping more.

I LOVE HoneyFig!

Also check the item locator on the sites of some of the brands you're interested in. They should be able to tell you where else to find it. I was looking for Kinky Curly products and noticed that a store near me at Yonge and Eglinton randomly carries KC products and for cheaper than at HoneyFig. Still love HF but this store is more convenient for me and a bit cheaper. HF is definitely good for one-stop shopping though!

Lol, sorry to throw more temptation out there but for those who wanna know what the place looks like (especially if you like me, constantly lost in my own city) Hennasooq had posted pictures from her last visit on her blog.

http://hennablogspot.com/henna-sooqs-meeting-with-honey-fig/

And yeah I think Henna Day is just the name of the event. Im thinking if I go I better leave my cards @ home. I've somehow stayed on the sane edge of PJism so far (barely!) but with spring/summer coming I'm shopping more.

NaturalLibra

Okay I know this place lol... Sigh, I'm ALWAYS in and around that area constantly and I've never noticed it. It's amazing how I can overlook certain things.

Yes, leave your cards at home because when something intriguing catches your eye, it's amazing how they start saying, "Use me... USE ME!" :look:

:peek:

Anybody from the Western side of Canada? I'm in Calgary. I found Honeyfig online last year and I've ordered from them before. The only thing that bothers me about them is the sometimes huge mark-up or difference in price IE. US $16 CAD $22 especially when our dollar is always so close to par. They say on the website that the Canadian price includes their cost for getting the product etc but sometimes I think it would be cheaper to just order directly from American retailer even with shipping (esp since I still have to pay shipping to get it from Honeyfig to Calgary).

But I do agree, it's the best place to do one-stop shopping. :yep: My innate cheapness usually stops me from buying though, that mark-up is ridiculous!

I LOVE HoneyFig!

Also check the item locator on the sites of some of the brands you're interested in. They should be able to tell you where else to find it. I was looking for Kinky Curly products and noticed that a store near me at Yonge and Eglinton randomly carries KC products and for cheaper than at HoneyFig. Still love HF but this store is more convenient for me and a bit cheaper. HF is definitely good for one-stop shopping though!

There is also a store at Markham and Ellesmere called Beauty Collection Inc. They also sell kinky curly products cheaper than Honeyfig. If you are not into organic products they have a very generous selection of other products as well such as Taaliah Wajid, cantu shea butter ORS, Mixed chicks etc. all at reasonable prices. I'm not trying to knock Honeyfig I love that store as I just bought the larger size of the Oyin hair dew but if you want other products this store is also a one stop shop and if they don't have a product they will order it for you from their supplier, thats how I got to try Taaliah Waajids great detangler and curly curl creme.

There is also a store at Markham and Ellesmere called Beauty Collection Inc. They also sell kinky curly products cheaper than Honeyfig. If you are not into organic products they have a very generous selection of other products as well such as Taaliah Wajid, cantu shea butter ORS, Mixed chicks etc. all at reasonable prices. I'm not trying to knock Honeyfig I love that store as I just bought the larger size of the Oyin hair dew but if you want other products this store is also a one stop shop and if they don't have a product they will order it for you from their supplier, thats how I got to try Taaliah Waajids great detangler and curly curl creme.

this place sounds great and its much closer to me than Honeyfig. I definitely wanna keep these places on my radar so when I'm ready to try new products I'll have options rather than online.

Also these might be no-brainers but in case anyone hasn't be there is a Whole Foods in Toronto 87 Avenue Road. There's a couple in BC to I think.

I've only been to the Whole Foods once so I may need to check again but based on hair/body care I much prefer The Big Carrot 348 Danforth Avenue (it's just down the street from Chester Station) . Their selection is huge and well organized I buy my coconut oil their pretty cheap.

I'm a big nerd but it make me feel nice to actually recognize the addresses of places since so many members here are in the states :blush:. It's good to know Canadian ladies are representing with the healthy hair.

Yes I forgot about the one at markham and ellesmere!! it's huge and has a lot of stuff. I need to go back there for some Kenra MC and Hair One. @NaturalLibra thanks for reminding my about the big carrot. i remember wanting to go at the beginning of my journey but it slipped my mind

This thread makes my really happy.
and want to spend a lot of money :look:

Back