Any Canadians Using Shescentit, Curl Junkie, or Oyin products?

Oh and another one is Classic Beauty Supply. There was a small one that moved across the street (as of March 1st, 2011) to a bigger store with more product selection now.

And there's also a Classic Beauty Supply in the west end (Jane/lawerence). Huge product selection and huge selection of halfwigs too

Big thumbs up to the Big Carrot!! 2 of the lines that I'm faithful to I first bought there on the suggestion of the clerk with the dreadlocks...

I should have mentioned them eh??
Beauty without Cruelty leave in conditioner - I love love love it...it's a cream but it's light and I feel that it's moisturizing. And a Canadian line - Prairie Harvest Badlands Reconstructor another that I love. I use that and Joico K pak reconstructor in alternating weeks.
Both lines I also use on my 3 year old (I also use the Prairie Harvest strengthening conditioner for her). I actually first bought them for her and then tried it for myself and
thought geez, I'm making better choices for her than for me -- what gives!!!

^ I bought JBCO, Lacio Lacio moisturizer, and Cathy Howse UBH deep conditioner and it came to almost 60 dollars :(

Yeah the Qhemet Biologics AOHC I got there was like $30, however if I bought it from Qhemet's website I'd be paying like $40 and have to wait for shipping. I bought it last summer and I'm not even halfway done so in this case I don't regret paying more

^ I bought JBCO, Lacio Lacio moisturizer, and Cathy Howse UBH deep conditioner and it came to almost 60 dollars :(

AlliCat - 3 for $50-$60 is good enough for me to get me some Oyin, Shescentit, and Curl Junkie conditioners. Probably long term, you'll hear me fussing about prices though... :sad:

Yeah the Qhemet Biologics AOHC I got there was like $30, however if I bought it from Qhemet's website I'd be paying like $40 and have to wait for shipping. I bought it last summer and I'm not even halfway done so in this case I don't regret paying more

NaturalLibra, uhm... do they have sales lol? :lachen: :look:

@ Aireen . woops. I think i got this thread confused with the one about DRC 28.:spinning:. Don't mind me, I'm a little under the weather. Yea, Honeyfig has great selection, but KCCC cost like 40-something bucks and the KCCC website sells it for 28. A lot of the products are at least ten bucks more than if you bought them from the actual vendor, so getting them from the vendor during a sale, might actually be cheaper with shipping, than buying them on the ground at Honeyfig. I pass thru to support the business if they have a sale or something, but am still finding cheaper deals on my goodies online.

Aw I'm sorry you're under the weather, feel better!

Meh I kind of don't mind considering the convenience of having the products as you said, available on the ground. Besides, I'll probably be alternating the products so they'll last a long time. If you know anywhere that sells the products in the thread heading cheaper online or in Toronto, let me know. :grin:

Aw I'm sorry you're under the weather, feel better!

Meh I kind of don't mind considering the convenience of having the products as you said, available on the ground. Besides, I'll probably be alternating the products so they'll last a long time. If you know anywhere that sells the products in the thread heading cheaper online or in Toronto, let me know. :grin:
definitely!

On a side note - always check Winners! I get my Giovanni there and different locations have different product lines.

On a side note - always check Winners! I get my Giovanni there and different locations have different product lines.

Loblaws Superstore on Don Mills and Eglinton had Chi Silk Infusion for a while as well.

Hey Ladies! I also shop at Beauty Collections. I used to shop at their Pickering location until they moved to Markham and Sheppard. I also shop at Classic Beauty Supply. They moved to a bigger location on Markham north of Lawrence.
By the look of all you Torontonians in this thread, we def. should think of meeting up. We've done so before at Honeyfig a few years ago.

Oh! I didn't know that Winners sometimes has Giovanni. I'll have to check that out. I really want to try the Smooth As Silk conditionner and I already use the leave-in.

Hey Ladies! I also shop at Beauty Collections. I used to shop at their Pickering location until they moved to Markham and Sheppard. I also shop at Classic Beauty Supply. They moved to a bigger location on Markham north of Lawrence.
By the look of all you Torontonians in this thread, we def. should think of meeting up. We've done so before at Honeyfig a few years ago.

The HoneyFig meetup was so fun!

wontonfm you won't be disappointed because it's the big bottle for only 14.99! I use the smooth as silk deeper moisture and I like it...and I love the price. I also use the Triple treat (it's called something like that - with tea tree oil and such).

WOW Markham and Sheppard is soooo far... :lol:

The HoneyFig meetup was so fun!

Hey wontonfm!:wave: It was wasn't it?! Can't wait for another meetup.

AlliCat, Kurlee, wontonfm, Nix08, TdotGirl, NaturalLibra, ctosha, orchidgirl, Nixx, hola_lo2002 (Tried tagging everyone in the thread, sorry if I missed.)

Can we do a HoneyFig meetup?! :) I had no idea we had this many Torontonians that were on the forum.

Last edited:

I'm more than down for that!

oooh that would be cool!! To be honest I think I'll wear a hat though, I'd be shy to show my hair to a fellow Nikos cousin...ha ha

Let me add - should any product you use be available on Vitacost.com you should do a price comparison the prices there are amazing! Even with shipping I saved $10 on 2 bottles of the Beauty Without Cruelty leave in conditioner.

I'm more than down for that!

oooh that would be cool!! To be honest I think I'll wear a hat though, I'd be shy to show my hair to a fellow Nikos cousin...ha ha

Yay! So uhm... when should we do this and how do we organize this? :look:

Let me add - should any product you use be available on Vitacost.com you should do a price comparison the prices there are amazing! Even with shipping I saved $10 on 2 bottles of the Beauty Without Cruelty leave in conditioner.

Nix08, oooooh how much is the shipping to Canada for Vitacost? :) I might want to buy AO HR. :grin:

Last edited:
^^^Shipping is calculated by product weight I think...before you cash out you can see what it will cost. The toothpaste I use Tom's is on there for like half the price and aloe vera juice. Plus I just realized that giovanni has a reconstructor for way less than I pay for the natural one I use.

Back