Any girls here sensitive to protein???

hot_pepper96

I think that my hair does not respond well to protein. It is fine and fragile , plus tangles easily. Not that I don't think protein makes it stronger, but I noticed something important two weeks ago when I got a touch up. For the first time in maybe 6 months, I did not use a reconstructor after I washed the relaxer out. I just did a deep condition w/KeraCare/Humectress/Glycerin mix. Oh and I also used and ACV rinse after the shampoo.

My hair came out so soft with so much less hair in the comb and it still felt strong. All during that week, whenver I combed my hair my hair was not shedding alot. Anyone else here benefits more from moisture than protein?

I learned from this board not to do protein anyway directly after relaxing my hair but to wait a few weeks. Moisturized deep conditioning, as you did, is most important right after relaxing. At relaxer time, I use protein the wash day prior to relaxing.

There needs to be a balance with the protein and moisturizing.

Protein tends to break and dry out my hair, i use moistursing conditioners instead that contain small amounts of protein and my hair is much healthier this way.

My hair defnitely doesn't do well with too much protein and protein that is TOO strong. It starts breaking. I do better with more moisture and mild protein.

Back