Any Ladies 5'10 and taller with BS and longer hair here?

asummertyme

Just wondering how many tall girls here with BS hair and Longer..Seems to take forever and even longer to get to MBL wich is my ultimate goal for now..
So please Tell me how tall you are and your hair status and how long it took you to get there...
TIA
PS ..If you have pics..that would be great too!

Chevelure618

I'm 5'10.5" and its taking forever to get to BSL. (I have 2 inches to go). My LTG is MBL too.

Its taken me 2 years to grow out my bone straight relaxed hair. I am totally texlaxed now and the shrinkage is unbelievable which makes it even harder to visualize MBL length.

I am not trimming until summer 2010...dusting is all.

happylife

Lol, gosh I know how u feel !!!!
I'm 5'9ish and I am going thru the same thing! I am dreaming of hitting mbl in 2010....I can only hope.

PrincessLinzz

5'10 and a little past BSL. Not sure how long it took me, always had longish hair. BUT I want to be waist length...lets see how long that takes.

werenumber2

I'm 5'9" and the longest part of my hair is a little past BSL (when straightened). The last time I checked was in May, so it's probably longer than that now. My goal is for my hair to be around BSL when curly and fully dry.

It's not easy for us, I'll tell you that. Especially if you have a longer neck like many of us do.

bludaydreamr

I don't know when I'll reach bsl. I'm 5'10 and have 2-3 inches before I will claim it, but it seems like it is going to take forever to reach bsl and mbl.

nucienuce1

Im 5'9" and Im about an inch or two from bsl (grazing bsl).I started out just below jaw length last year october so a little over a year. hth

asummertyme

I couldnt find this thread after I started it for some reason..lol
I see there are not alot of us..we need to start a 5'9 and up BS and longer support group...lololol..the trials and struggles of a tall girl growing her hair..:grin:

PrincessLinzz

I'm 5'9" and the longest part of my hair is a little past BSL (when straightened). The last time I checked was in May, so it's probably longer than that now. My goal is for my hair to be around BSL when curly and fully dry.

It's not easy for us, I'll tell you that. Especially if you have a longer neck like many of us do.

Same goal!

Natural-K

5'9.5 with longer than BS checking in. I've attached some pics with the dates to show my progress. I don't have any current straighten or stretched pics. I'd estimate I'm currently WSL.

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron

JJamiah

5'9.5 with longer than BS checking in. I've attached some pics with the dates to show my progress. I don't have any current straighten or stretched pics. I'd estimate I'm currently WSL.

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron

I am only 5'2 but I had to say your hair is Beautiful! I love it, Thick! I can only dream of Thickness, your hair is beautiful girl you GO GIRL! I am loving all your pics!

happylife

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron

So thick
So lush
So inspirational

Daughter

UK Blak
I'm almost 5' 9" and I'm right there with you all! Between APL and BSL seems to be taking forever but then again I'm never entirely sure as I don't use heat in my hair...

Ediese

6/5/09 flat iron

WOW!! :yep::yep: If my hair ever gets this long, I don't even know what I'd do with myself. lol Absolutely gorgeous!

Last edited:

Ediese

Thanks for lowering the height minimum. I'm 5'9', but I have a short torso with long legs. I think I only need 4-5" to get to waist length. Hopefully, I'll get there next year. :)

Last edited:

nucienuce1

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron
Thanks for sharing I didnt think that at 5'9" that I'd achieve waist length in 2 years!! Great job!!

Mitey Cyrus

I'm 5'10. I was BSL two days ago, but I got a (voluntary)1.5 to 2 inch haircut so I'm hovering around BSL now. I'll try to post a pic.

Nice pics, Natural-K.

dcprdiva

Yea, I was wondering why so many 5'9's were checking in. I'm a full 5'10.5. I'm glad you posted this because I think I'd be APL if I were an inch and a half shorter. Let's start a tall girl support thread!!