Any Ladies 5'10 and taller with BS and longer hair here?

ActionActress

Yea, I was wondering why so many 5'9's were checking in. I'm a full 5'10.5. I'm glad you posted this because I think I'd be APL if I were an inch and a half shorter. Let's start a tall girl support thread!!

Great idea....even though I am 5'8".:ohwell:

The funny thing is, some one will say...OH! I hit BSL length at 20 something inches!!! And you think........wait!....that's where I am and it is at my shoulders! So that can really fool those of us who are taller.:grin:

That is why I am always curious to know how tall they are but I never want to be rude. The same thing with weight loss and dress size. ("I went to a size 6!!!!!" but when looking at them, they look a littler plumper, but size 6 on me would be boney)

aprils13

Great idea....even though I am 5'8".:ohwell:

The funny thing is, some one will say...OH! I hit BSL length at 20 something inches!!! And you think........wait!....that's where I am and it is at my shoulders! So that can really fool those of us who are taller.:grin:

That is why I am always curious to know how tall they are but I never want to be rude. The same thing with weight loss and dress size. ("I went to a size 6!!!!!" but when looking at them, they look a littler plumper, but size 6 on me would be boney)

I'm 5'8" also and I consider myself tall.

Great pics Natural K! Thanks for the timeline. Now I have some idea of how long it will take for me to get to wl if I chose.

Vonnieluvs08

I'm 5'11 and before I BC'd in July I was BSL (or maybe less than 1 inch off). I went from SL-APL to BSL in like a year with at least one major 1-2inch trim in November.

I hope to be back at SL (curlie) and APL (straighten) at my 1yr Anniversary of my BC in July.

MJ

Assumertyme, I just saw your updated siggy for the first time, congratulations on your progress. Good going! :grin:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
The upside is that for taller ladies, APL, BSL, MBL, etc. look longer than on other ladies. The hair actually is longer. We might have to wait to claim it, but when it's there it looks really good.

Neek-a-Nator

O-M-G Natural-K I am in :love::love::love::love: with your hair. I've gotta say I'm speechless. Your hair is totally:lick:. You are my absolute hair inspiration.

Now will you please be a doll and share your hair type, regimen, how long your hair was when you went natural, i.e. your starting point, and how you normally wear your hair: in it's natural state(twists, washngoes) or a straight natural. LOL, I think I covered everything.

Again simply GORGEOUS

cutenss

5'9.5 with longer than BS checking in. I've attached some pics with the dates to show my progress. I don't have any current straighten or stretched pics. I'd estimate I'm currently WSL.

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron

OMGosh, you hair is to 2DIE4. If I had your thickness with my own length, I would be cool.

prettywhitty

I'm 5'10 and when i stretched the longest layer is about 1 inch from BSL. So hopefully I'll get there around Feb 2010. Then my next goal is a full BSL. MBL is my ultimate goal :grin:

Natural-K

O-M-G Natural-K I am in :love::love::love::love: with your hair. I've gotta say I'm speechless. Your hair is totally:lick:. You are my absolute hair inspiration.

Now will you please be a doll and share your hair type, regimen, how long your hair was when you went natural, i.e. your starting point, and how you normally wear your hair: in it's natural state(twists, washngoes) or a straight natural. LOL, I think I covered everything.

Again simply GORGEOUS

Thank you!!!

I'm not clear on hair type so I included curly pics below to give you an idea.

As far as regimen, it has evolved since I found the hair board spring '08. As of the last couple months I've been slacking. What I have decided on is shampoo (CON) and deep condition (Pantene Mask) every two weeks and co-wash (Tresemme)2-4 times in between.

My last relaxer was Oct 2000. I fully transitions without a BC. I eventually BC'ed 7/2007 because of damage, likely heat damage.

I wear my hair up in a bun or clip 75% of the time. The other 20% I wash and go with leave in conditioner and EVOO and 5% wash and go with gel. I like the look with gel better but I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. I only straighten 1-3 times a year.

Okay, here are the curly pics starting with my BC in Jul '07 and the rest are from this month.

BC (7/07)

Wash and go with ABBA leave in and EVOO

Wash and go with Eco Styler Gel w/ Olive Oil

still damp

Last edited:

aquajoyice

I'm chiming in at 5'11-6' and my hair is officially BSL and i'm going for MBL. I officially started my journey in 2004 at ear length and had a few set back along the way. My goal just became MBL about 6 months ago. I'm jst curious to see my hair at that length. I est i'll hit my goal in 1yr. And being tall I think it's more of a torso thing than height thing. Because majority of my height is in my legs. So I have never felt at a disadvantage to anyone else and actually liked the fact that I am taller because me at BSL looks longer than someone say 5'3 at BSL. I just look like I have more hair which is cool with me :)

lexiwiththecurls

I'm loving that it is so many tall ladies. I am 5'10 and I am BSL shooting for MBL. I'm not really sure how long it took me. I did my BC in late 2003 and cut my hair twice since then.

asummertyme

I'm 5'10.5" and its taking forever to get to BSL. (I have 2 inches to go). My LTG is MBL too.

Its taken me 2 years to grow out my bone straight relaxed hair. I am totally texlaxed now and the shrinkage is unbelievable which makes it even harder to visualize MBL length.

I am not trimming until summer 2010...dusting is all.
I hardly ever trim..u can tell from my siggy too..lol..but i dont think its necc if i hardly ever use any heat..I dont think i will trim until i get to full BSB and thrn i will prolly dust as i get to MBL...maybe...

I am 5'9 and I am MBL. It took me maybe 2 years.
2 years...that sounds about right for me too..took me a yr to get to where i am now...but from BS to MBL shouldnt take anywhere near as long to get to..
Asummertyme, I think for you and a lot of people BSL=MBL because of their height.
yeah..true indeed

im 5'11" my little tail is just grazing bsl.
keep on trucking girly!

I don't know when I'll reach bsl. I'm 5'10 and have 2-3 inches before I will claim it, but it seems like it is going to take forever to reach bsl and mbl.
I know girl..it does seem like forever..I look at my hair after relaxers and I just think..dang..this is takning forever..then ofcourse the hair anorexia kicks in..lol

Last edited:

asummertyme

I'm loving that it is so many tall ladies. I am 5'10 and I am BSL shooting for MBL. I'm not really sure how long it took me. I did my BC in late 2003 and cut my hair twice since then.
thats great..well keep us updated on that journey to MBL..us tall girls need the support!:grin:

asummertyme

beautiful!!! Thanks for the pics and inspiration...
Thank you!!!

I'm not clear on hair type so I included curly pics below to give you an idea.

As far as regimen, it has evolved since I found the hair board spring '08. As of the last couple months I've been slacking. What I have decided on is shampoo (CON) and deep condition (Pantene Mask) every two weeks and co-wash (Tresemme)2-4 times in between.

My last relaxer was Oct 2000. I fully transitions without a BC. I eventually BC'ed 7/2007 because of damage, likely heat damage.

I wear my hair up in a bun or clip 75% of the time. The other 20% I wash and go with leave in conditioner and EVOO and 5% wash and go with gel. I like the look with gel better but I don't like the way it makes my hair feel. I only straighten 1-3 times a year.

Okay, here are the curly pics starting with my BC in Jul '07 and the rest are from this month.

BC (7/07)

Wash and go with ABBA leave in and EVOO

Wash and go with Eco Styler Gel w/ Olive Oil

still damp

Natural-K

I hardly ever trim..u can tell from my siggy too..lol..but i dont think its necc if i hardly ever use any heat..

Same here. My last trim was with my May flat iron. Before that it was Aug 08. That's one of the biggest changes for me since I found the hair boards. Before I trimmed every 6-8 weeks because I though that was what you were supposed to do. Now I trim as need.

glamazon386

I'm 5'8 (shorty in the thread :look:) but I have a long neck. I feel like it's taking me forever to get to APL :wallbash: Who knows how long it'll take to get to BSL. :ohwell:

Ediese

Thanks for the added pics Natural-K. I wish my hair grew down more like yours. I don't think my hair in it's natural state will ever look long since it grows out.

ETA: My ultimate goal is to be BSL curly. That would be so hawt!

Last edited:

melodies815

Thanks for this OP!

I am 5'10.5" and I am just heading towards SL at some point next year and APL God only knows when.

My face is long, my neck is long, and my torso is long. I don't stand a chance at quick growth....but when I do finally get to full SL, even that is going to look like a LOT of hair.

Thanks to the long-haired ladies who posted. If you are 5'10" and above...you kind of feel like you're outside of the goalposts that other women set...depressing originally but so encouraging once the hair starts to grow...

Again....great thread, OP!!!

hillytmj

5'9.5 with longer than BS checking in. I've attached some pics with the dates to show my progress. I don't have any current straighten or stretched pics. I'd estimate I'm currently WSL.

8/2/07 blow dry

3/15/09 flat iron

6/5/09 flat iron

All I keep repeating to myself is WOW! Your hair is amazing! i'm only 5'3, but beautiful hair is beautiful hair regardless of height or the length of time required to obtain it.

Your ends are amazing, and I like all of your curly pics too!

Last edited:

SweetCaramel1

OMGoodness Natural K your hair is beautiful!!! i can't wait until my dd's is your length.

asummertyme i'm 5'9" with a long torso and bsl. it may take a little longer but you'll get there!

vie

hi ladies just wanted to agree with the rest natual k ... u are my hair hero ... beautiful inspiration. my stats are i'm 5'11 and when i was shoulder length it took me two years to get to bsl. i use heat weekly on my natural hair. Since the summer i had a 5 inch cut so im back on journey to mbl.

cafe1

I am 5'9 and I am somewhere between brastrap and waist.

I put heat (flat iron) on my hair once a month and can stretch that sucka out for a week (plus) even after a wrkout or 2! :perplexed

It has taken me about 2yrs to get from shoulder length to where I am now and I am a true believer in MSM. Biotin didnt do anything for me but give me more pimples... :ohwell:

I have not relaxed my hair in well over 4 (maybe 5 years) and honestly had no real business doing it at all.

I will never cut my hair again. Not even to shoulder length! I wil trim/dust but thats about it.

asummertyme

:yep: sounds like me ...
Thanks for this OP!

I am 5'10.5" and I am just heading towards SL at some point next year and APL God only knows when.

My face is long, my neck is long, and my torso is long. I don't stand a chance at quick growth....but when I do finally get to full SL, even that is going to look like a LOT of hair.

Thanks to the long-haired ladies who posted. If you are 5'10" and above...you kind of feel like you're outside of the goalposts that other women set...depressing originally but so encouraging once the hair starts to grow...

Again....great thread, OP!!!

asummertyme

I am just seeing Natural-K's pics with the strait hair and my o my..what a beautiful Inspiration! I am striving to get to your length!! so u wear your hair out often?