Anybody got pics of short 'do braidouts?

Cayenne0622

I've seen some beautiful fotki pics of ladies with BSL hair doing braidouts with wonderful results. I would love to see some braidout pics on shoulder length and shorter and know exactly how you do your braidouts. Does anyone do individual braids for braidouts or is everyone doing cornrows to get that look?

Malice

I was doing braidouts at about your length and they came out cute! I wish I could show you a pic but they are in another computer that's not in my possession right now, but I cute way to do it at that length is to part on a side, and cornrow two plaits around the base line of your head (starting from your side part, 1 going in one direction along your ear all the way to the back, and the other from the part in the opposite direction along your other ear to the back of your head), then cornrow the rest of your hair going back in about 4 or 5 cornrows.

Cayenne0622

Thanks!:D Darn it!! I don't know how to cornrow. lololol Did you do it with your hair soaking wet or just a little damp??

Malice

Cayenne0622 said:
Thanks!:D Darn it!! I don't know how to cornrow. lololol Did you do it with your hair soaking wet or just a little damp??

I would do it right after I washed to avoid blow-drying, it wasn't dripping wet but it was more than damp, so towel dried. But I had applied some hair lotion (Fantasia IC Oil Moisturizer) to the sections right before I braided it up. I really wish I had some pics in this comp. I took a whole bunch of em because I loved it so much, and I wasn't even trying to do a braidout, I just didn't want to blowdry it and as I was taking it out the next day my current BF was like "Niiiiccee!" and I was like 'huh?" and I looked in the mirror and there it was, a cute little curly bob. The part on the side makes it real stylish! Have someone cornrow it for you. You don't HAVE to cornrow it, but mine came out more lucious that way.

MamaBraidedIt

I had this pic in my stash...thought I'd post.

This was after my trim in Feb. but before my recent trim on the 20th. I cornrowed horizontally on dry hair. Then spirtz with water, let dry overnight. Then I spirtz with a moisturizing concoction[ water, BB Lotion, EVOO, and Africa's Best Herbal Oil mixture, Infusium 23]. Let that soak in for a minutes then unbraided the hair

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1658/mamabraideddr8.png

la flaca

MamaBraidedIt said:
I had this pic in my stash...thought I'd post.

This was after my trim in Feb. but before my recent trim on the 20th. I cornrowed horizontally on dry hair. Then spirtz with water, let dry overnight. Then I spirtz with a moisturizing concoction[ water, BB Lotion, EVOO, and Africa's Best Herbal Oil mixture, Infusium 23]. Let that soak in for a minutes then unbraided the hair

I've done that too, and it looks pretty, the only thing I never get right are the ends, don't look nice, how do you make them curly? I like the look but the straight ends.

la flaca said:
I've done that too, and it looks pretty, the only thing I never get right are the ends, don't look nice, how do you make them curly? I like the look but the straight ends.

use perm rods on the ends

MamaBraidedIt

la flaca said:

Yeah, same here. I thought braiding horizontally would take away that the "straight ends" problem but naw :ohwell: ...not too much. I may braid vertically next time and use rods like destiny suggested. Thanks destiny.

HoneyDew

Here is one.

I used oil water and Let's Jam on damp hair. It was cute, but I think I used too much Let's Jam because it did not hold up in some damp weather we got a few days later.

Attachments

• braidout.jpg
    braidout.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 49
la flaca said:
Thanks:) , any kind in particullar? I've never used them before

depends on the tightness of the waves, if it's a really tight braid out i would use smaller rods but for loose waves i would use medium/large size rods, the annie brand has a variety of sizes and can be found at sallys or many beauty supply stores

Robin41

I have a twist-out pic in my siggy. I cornrow twists from front to back and put a small sponge roller on the very ends and that totally takes care of the straight ends problem. Unfortunately, I have very fine hair and this look only lasts one day. Then I have to re-twist every night and that's no fun so I don't wear this style too often.

HoneyDew

Monique502 said:
Honey Dew I like your braid out.Did you braid or twist your hair

I braid it, but with big braids - only about 10 of them. I did not put anything on the ends and tied it down with a satin scarf. When it was almost dry, I removed the scarf and put big satin covered foam rollers on each braid - braided all the way up not just on the ends.

I have only been able to do that 3 times. Sometimes, it just doesn't turn out as cute! I think I was only 2-3 weeks post relaxer when it worked the best. other times, i think I need to work with more braids or something to make the roots look better.

HoneyDew

destiny616 said:
depends on the tightness of the waves, if it's a really tight braid out i would use smaller rods but for loose waves i would use medium/large size rods, the annie brand has a variety of sizes and can be found at sallys or many beauty supply stores

I think I want to try these. The big ones! The smaller ones make the curls to tight for me.