Anybody on here almost 40

sylver2

I'm 36 and looove Loong hair!!!!! I never saw my mother with long hair..when she was my age she seemed much older..but she probably would have seemed much more youthful if her hair had been longer.

Nice & Wavy

I'm 36 and looove Loong hair!!!!! I never saw my mother with long hair..when she was my age she seemed much older..but she probably would have seemed much more youthful if her hair had been longer.
And you have loooonnnnngggggg hair too!:grin:

lane

This is the perfect place to start your journey. I'm 35 and I can tell you that you are never too old if you have the patience.

MissYocairis

The other day I was thinking maybe I'm to old to be trying to grow my hair out. I will be 40 in June, it use to be a time when women would cut their hair in there mid 30's. Just wondering.

Girl! I will be 40 in May. You are not too ole. It is not too late! And, women who are in their 40's and 50's can wear long hair...heck my greatgrandmother had waistlength hair when she died in her 80's! Grow it! And, btw, cells regenerate...it's never too late to change your hair practices and improve your hair folicles.

onejamifan

Girl, my mother and some of her sisters wear their hair at BSL+ and they are in their 50's and 60's. Personally, I plan on rocking gray WL+ hair when I'm in my 60's (I'm in my early 30's right now). Never too old to grow your hair!!

Neek-a-Nator

I'll be 34 in Jan and just starting my transition and I want MBL natural hair sooooooo I will definitely be a little older with long hair and I look forward to it.

SherylsTresses

Girl, grow that hair! :yep:

You're never too old to have long, healthy hair; it is beautiful, sexy and ultra-feminine. I'm almost WL and plan to keep my hair at this length....or longer...for the rest of my life. By the way, in 6 months, I'll be 50.

Prospurr4, I just knew you were in your 20s. You look great girl!!! :yep:

Last edited:
I'm in my thirties and I'm in total agreement with the ladies here: it's never too late! My mother proved it in her late forties and now I'm doing it! :yep:

Don't get discouraged...if anything, these protective styles work perfectly for me because as I mature, I want less and less to do with my hair, lol. Don't give up! :)

(Note: I'm so happy to see there are us grown folks on here, too...)

Irresistible

I'm hip length early forties

Im'a have a long braid or pony the rest of my life , getting past the aches and pains of doing it, LOL yes indeedy

use to think i would have an old lady bun for life, (which to me is beautiful) but that has changed, too much hair to hold up like that now

unless its pressed, otherwise, cant do it. ouch!

Last edited:
I'm 45 and I've had no problems growing my hair from ear length (my whole life) to past APL in about 2 years. A lot of that hair is growing in strong, thick (and white - temporarily :giggle:).

Pompous Blue

Ok girls, I got u all beat I'm 53 and growing my hair:lachen:
I'm right there withcha at 53 and growing long and strong!

I love LHCF.....There was no place to learn about healthy hair practices when I was in my teens and twenties. You girls are so lucky to have a place like this. I've learned so much in these few months.

Age ain't nothing but a number 'cause when we're all talking with each other about hair, the years just seem to melt away. When I'm getting good hair advice from anyone on this forum, age is not a factor.

Second2None

I was just about to put you on blast for being about 40 with some beautifully long hair :grin:

I'm hip length early forties

Im'a have a long braid or pony the rest of my life , getting past the aches and pains of doing it, LOL yes indeedy

use to think i would have an old lady bun for life, (which to me is beautiful) but that has changed, too much hair to hold up like that now

unless its pressed, otherwise, cant do it. ouch!

Irresistible

I was just about to put you on blast for being about 40 with some beautifully long hair :grin:
hehe girl, thank you,

ya'll 40 is the NEW 20:grin:

my child is grown , whew that was years of WORK and took all of me, now its about ME ME ME!

Ok ok, some days thats just really weird after so long, but some days its just so wonderful!

I'm getting used to this, and I'm really glad I took all those years to grow my hair to where it is now:yep:

I do enjoy it!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Can I just say how much I love this thread? I felt the same way about a year ago until I started hanging out here. Now I know the sky is the limit!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
hehe girl, thank you,

ya'll 40 is the NEW 20:grin:

my child is grown , whew that was years of WORK and took all of me, now its about ME ME ME!

Ok ok, some days thats just really weird after so long, but some days its just so wonderful!

I'm getting used to this, and I'm really glad I took all those years to grow my hair to where it is now:yep:

I do enjoy it!

@ the bolded - I will live through you Iris. I'm just starting on the kid journey (girls are 2 and 4).

FindingMe

:hiya: I'm 40 and I am actively growing my hair out back to BSL and beyond...just made an appointment at Aveda for a color consultation on Friday to color these grays that are cramping my style :lol:

Taleah2009

Girl, grow that hair! :yep:

You're never too old to have long, healthy hair; it is beautiful, sexy and ultra-feminine. I'm almost WL and plan to keep my hair at this length....or longer...for the rest of my life. By the way, in 6 months, I'll be 50.

Shut up! Please stop lying and tell us your real age! You and your hair looks great!

sharentu

hi i am 41 will be 42 friday about to be apl striving for mbl by 45. its never too late. get your grow on lady:grin::grin: welcome to the board. dont be scared.