Anybody on here almost 40

ChristmasCarol

I'll be 41 soon, and I think long hair makes me look younger (not that I look old). I don't feel or look any differently than I did at 25 or 30, so 40 is just a number to me.

After bday #40, I planned on getting a really short cut, but my husband doesn't like short hair and I'm hair lazy - so I figured growing it past apl would actually be less time consuming and much more versatile than a short cut that has to be styled and trimmed regularly at a salon.

Irresistible

@ the bolded - I will live through you Iris. I'm just starting on the kid journey (girls are 2 and 4).
oooweee girl long road ahead of you

But you must be the mama for the job-or you wouldnt have them

you are perfect for them and they are perfect for you:yep:

trust me it aint easy all days to get used to this, not being so focused on someone and being needed as a mama! its a new world, good sides to it but also at times hard

but its my time now, gotta work it on out:yep:

~~HoneyComb~~

I'm 45 and I go back an forth with my hair journey to grow my hair long.

I am now on a mission to see how long my hair will get by the age of 50. I have a problem with cutting my hair when I get frustrated, but this time I'm going to leave it alone and see what happens (I think) :look:

JMH1908

I'll be 41 soon, and I think long hair makes me look younger (not that I look old). I don't feel or look any differently than I did at 25 or 30, so 40 is just a number to me.

After bday #40, I planned on getting a really short cut, but my husband doesn't like short hair and I'm hair lazy - so I figured growing it past apl would actually be less time consuming and much more versatile than a short cut that has to be styled and trimmed regularly at a salon.

ITA with the fact that cutting your hair short is high maintenance if you're trying to keep it short..atleast thats how I felt about my BC two years ago...I swear I will never do that again :nono: It is so much easier to just put it in a ponytail or a bun especially when you think about those bad hair days when it rains..uggh!

Oh yeah, by the way, I just turned 37 a couple of weeks ago..and growing out my hair back to BSL and prayerfully beyond...

Last edited:

baddison

natural for good
Hey, I started my HHJ at 40....now 41!! And still "growing" strong!! I plan to be FULL-BSL by Dec. 31st 2010....There's no such thing as too old. Hair stops growing when you're DEAD!! As long as there's breath...there's growth. Its all about nurturing and maintaining what grows. Happy Hair Journey !! :dance7:

Irresistible

I am now on a mission to see how long my hair will get by the age of 50. I have a problem with cutting my hair when I get frustrated, but this time I'm going to leave it alone and see what happens (I think) :look:
you need to just throw away all your scissors for a while:lachen:

at least give it a try to see how you feel about it:yep:

~~HoneyComb~~

you need to just throw away all your scissors for a while:lachen:

at least give it a try to see how you feel about it:yep:

You are so right Irresistable :lol: . I wonder today how long my hair would have been had I not cut off the 8-10" I cut off last year:rolleyes:.

I really am making a concentrated effort not to cut for the next 5 years except for minor trims:yep:.

It's gonna be tough though:lachen:.

Irresistible

You are so right Irresistable :lol: . I wonder today how long my hair would have been had I not cut off the 8-10" I cut off last year:rolleyes:.

I really am making a concentrated effort not to cut for the next 5 years except for minor trims:yep:.

It's gonna be tough though:lachen:.
I can relate with the Scissor battle believe it or not, I finally did a big chop after fighting a long time back in 2005 , after that I got it out my system

but I go through it every time I press, I will keep trimming and trimming the whole time I have it pressed. I do relate that it is 'hard' when you have that issue or compulsion/whatever it is

heyfranz

I'll be 50 on December 1st, and just started a little over a year ago. I want to have MBL plaits (or longer) when I'm 60. LOL

JMH1908

I hear ya Honeycomb and Irresistible...I had a scissor problem too, but thank God I found LHCF, so hopefully I am rehabilitated...as long as I stay on this forum for the support and keep it growing :grin:

~~HoneyComb~~

I hear ya Honeycomb and Irresistible...I had a scissor problem too, but thank God I found LHCF, so hopefully I am rehabilitated...as long as I stay on this forum for the support and keep it growing :grin:

Girl I hope I'm rehabilitated too:lachen: at least for the next 5 years.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

HoneyComb - yours was the first twistout that I saw that I absolutely loved! I want to see you grow it out!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
oooweee girl long road ahead of you

But you must be the mama for the job-or you wouldnt have them

you are perfect for them and they are perfect for you:yep:

trust me it aint easy all days to get used to this, not being so focused on someone and being needed as a mama! its a new world, good sides to it but also at times hard

but its my time now, gotta work it on out:yep:

yeah, they came to me later but I'm glad I have them! :)

adw425

I am 49. I have had a blast growing my hair these last four years. I started at top of neck length and never quite got almost to APL last year when the stylist cut three inches off a year ago (my split ends were pretty bad and I sanctioned the "trim"), sending me back to shoulder length and now the longest part of my hair is at the bottom of APL (yay). My 50th birthday is in April and I plan to be BSL by then.

Last edited:

Misshairdiva

I am 36 and stumbled upon lhcf about two years ago. This Jan will be two years of growing my hair from shoulder length to now bsl and I can't wait till I am 40 cause by then hopefully it will be waist length!

I look at the older women who chop off their hair and then I also see their husbands eyeballing the ladies with the long hair....

I am determined to be a sexy longhaired lady for the rest of my life!!!! (even in my old years I'ma have them young girls drooling over my hair!)

Last edited:

sweetnlow06

I am 36! Just getting over my scissor problem. Hopefully, now I can see some progress without always cutting it off.

camilla

Girl, grow that hair! :yep:

You're never too old to have long, healthy hair; it is beautiful, sexy and ultra-feminine. I'm almost WL and plan to keep my hair at this length....or longer...for the rest of my life. By the way, in 6 months, I'll be 50.

I agree HEALTHY long hair has always been considered beautiful,sexy AND feminine:grin:

OMG If we are the 40 it must be the new 20...lol 35 and almost bsl

cutenss

41 year old natural BSB lady checking in. Girl take care of your hair like would will the rest of your person. Since your hair is always growing anyway. You mind as well do what you need to do to keep it healthy. Long or short. :yep:

And welcome :wave:

Carrie A

Actually if you look at celebreties most look better with longer hair in their fourties- with the exception of Halle. Now 60's 70's IDK but for sure longer hair is sexy in the fourties.

And hair will continue to grow through the decades. It may take a little longer but it will grow.

janeemat

Girl please! I am 47. I did a thread on here when I first joined calling all 40's. See how my hair has grown since then.

ActionActress

The other day I was thinking maybe I'm to old to be trying to grow my hair out. I will be 40 in June, it use to be a time when women would cut their hair in there mid 30's. Just wondering.

Why are you following those rules? lol. There is a lady on youtube right now. She is over 50 and has nice hair. I am not sure if I am allowed to post her channel, since I didn't ask her.:ohwell:

Hey think about it. East Indian women have long hair well into their old age.

ActionActress

Girl, grow that hair! :yep:

You're never too old to have long, healthy hair; it is beautiful, sexy and ultra-feminine. I'm almost WL and plan to keep my hair at this length....or longer...for the rest of my life. By the way, in 6 months, I'll be 50.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

ActionActress

Some one reminded me. I can't wait until my hair starts graying more, because I am a henna head. All the gray + henna equals unique beautiful red streaks and highlights. I plan to grow it out until whenever.

Duchesse

Okay....what water are ya'll drinking? What fruits and berries do you eat??? Because I'm in here all :spinning: getting blown away! So many of you I thought was in your 20s! Looking good ladies, looking good. And you are never too old to do what makes you feel beautiful. My mother is 52 and in the process of growing her hair back long.