Anybody on here almost 40

rben

I met a lady a while back who was around 70 years old. She had this lovely white hair in 2 long pigtails! She looked very youthful and a bit like a cheeky young girl. I thought, yep that's going to be me in a few years time :) I'm in my late thirties and and am looking forward to having a huge grannie bun!

tenderheaded

Girl, you'd better come on in here and get you some hair:yep: Both grandmas, my mom, and a 60 yr old relative had bsl/mbl hair! Stylists want you to have short hair so they can do more clients, and some women want you to have short hair because long hair is sexy at any age!

So, get to growing and welcome!!!!

naturalmanenyc

I love long hair on older women and I do not know why so many women cut their hair at 25 - 35? A cousin-in-law told me, when she cut off her APL hair: "I'm married now. I don't need long hair."

My grandma is nearly 80 and just above BSL & the other is in her 70's at APL. I have an aunt who is around 55 & past BSL and an aunt-in-law who is about 70 at BSL with gray streaks.

My mom, sister & BFF all keep their hair short.

MsCounsel

I think that mindset is old fashioned and ridiculous. I hear that women should cut their hair because of their age or profession. Who created these "rules" Makes no sense to me. At the salon, the stylists seem to want to cut hair. Why? I have not let anyone touch my hair since I was 12 years old. My hair was long arm-midback length and it was cut at the request of my father for easy management. I was devastated and my mother cried when she saw my hair. I would never inflict that upon another.

It is your hair - cut it or grow it - but let your decision be based on what you want.

I just turned 40 in July and I'm going to let my hair grow as long as it can!!! It's my other accessory. :gorgeous:

prospurr4

Shut up! Please stop lying and tell us your real age! You and your hair looks great!

:lachen::lachen: I laughed out loud when I read this. DH heard me and asked what was so funny. That is my real age; DH and I both are closing in on 50 and having the time of our lives. Our boys (ages 24 & 26) are grown, and now it's all about us. Thanks for the compliment.

GodivaChocolate

I'm 40, just had a baby a year and a half ago (gotta a younger DH:grin:) and I'm growing my hair as long as it will go...
You are never to old..as long as your breathing...lol
My Aunt is 57 and she has WL hair...heck it may be even longer now..I haven't seen her in about a year.

StarFish106

I am 38 and shooting for MBL hair...it is already thickened back up in the 2+ years I have been here so I am still striving toward my goal..

Never give up!

MissYocairis

Girl, my mother and some of her sisters wear their hair at BSL+ and they are in their 50's and 60's. Personally, I plan on rocking gray WL+ hair when I'm in my 60's (I'm in my early 30's right now). Never too old to grow your hair!!

LOVE IT! My great-grandmother's hair was an amazing silver and so long and luminous in her 80's. You have reminded me of a new goal for the later years...beautiful WL silver hair!

shandaw

I'm 40, just had a baby a year and a half ago (gotta a younger DH:grin:) and I'm growing my hair as long as it will go...
My Aunt is 57 and she has WL hair...heck it may be even longer now..I haven't seen her in about a year.

You go head girl, I know that's right,younger guys approach me all the time. I ain't mad LOL

QT

I'm loving the ladies that is growing their hair out whether 18- 65. Most BW hasn't seen wl or bsl so go for it!!!!! :yep:

Nice & Wavy

Ok girls, I got u all beat I'm 53 and growing my hair:lachen:
Go girl...do it!!! :clap:

Thanks ladies, since you put it that way I'm glad to know I'm not alone. Its on!!!!!
Like popcorn...get your grow on, girl!

I am 40. :yep: Remember Oprah is 50ish??? and look at how beautiful her hair is!!! :rolleyes:
Yep...:yep:

OT: ya'll ladies look good...

Putting some of these women in there 20's to shame...

Keep doing whatever your doing!!!
You know it....:grin:

I'm right there withcha at 53 and growing long and strong!

I love LHCF.....There was no place to learn about healthy hair practices when I was in my teens and twenties. You girls are so lucky to have a place like this. I've learned so much in these few months.

Age ain't nothing but a number 'cause when we're all talking with each other about hair, the years just seem to melt away. When I'm getting good hair advice from anyone on this forum, age is not a factor.
Awesome! It's so good to see so many of us 'younger' women on LHCF!!!

hi i am 41 will be 42 friday about to be apl striving for mbl by 45. its never too late. get your grow on lady:grin::grin: welcome to the board. dont be scared.
Hi sharentu....you will be mbl by 45!

Girl please! I am 47. I did a thread on here when I first joined calling all 40's. See how my hair has grown since then.
You are? Wow.....go girl!

Last edited by a moderator:

LongHairNWaiting

Well I just turned 45 on Nov 4th, and I started from a TWA. Originally my hair was APL and relaxed.

It's not about the length of the hair, it's about the healthiness of the hair! (IMO) I say stick to it! You will STILL want your hair back in 5+ years...I believe..lol

2sweetnsugarland

Honey you are never too old to do/change/learn/grow ANYTHING!! I'll be 50 in January and I've been growing my hair out for over a year and I love it!!! I'm also in school become a pipe designer and got married less than a year ago. Does that answer your question??? Keep up the good work girl and let it grow!! :yep:

melodies815

My husband and I are going through the fertility Dr. season of marriage now. I'm 36, he's 31, and we both have fertility issues. Recently, I have become okay with this, and if we don't have a baby...mostly, I am okay and getting more okay with each day. He, however, wants one more with each day that passes. So...if God allows, I will be 40 with a young-un as well....

...WITH HAIR DOWN TO MY ANKLES!!! :lachen::lachen:

J/K...I don't want that much hair, but MBL would be fine. Longer, healthy, well-styled hair looks so lovely at any age.

My hair is growing well, and I have made good progress from my BC in March. I'll do a real length check in December and a pictoral update at a year - March 12th, 2010...or somewhere close to that.

I love this thread!

cj