Anyone else feel like giving up?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I just dont want to take care of my hair properly anymore. i just want to do what i was doing before.cheap fast and gets the job done. it seems that i'm spending so much time and money just to see it fall out in clumps. I have no idea what to do and ive tried many suggestions , the majority of them failing. I just feel like going back to the grease and hot comb.:giveup:

Hair Iam

How about just hiding it for a while see you can handle braids or cornrows. But don't go back to unhealthy practices, you now you'll regret that as well. I suffered a setback with my right side thinning out at the back , it's so frustrating , I had to start praying for help, I had to go a new level of TLC, which will mean keeping it simple.

All will be well with time

Tamrin

unapologetic
I just dont want to take care of my hair properly anymore. i just want to do what i was doing before.cheap fast and gets the job done. it seems that i'm spending so much time and money just to see it fall out in clumps. I have no idea what to do and ive tried many suggestions , the majority of them failing. I just feel like going back to the grease and hot comb.:giveup:

Please don't give up. :needhug:. Just step back a little and don't try to much stuff. Sometimes less is more. Put the hair away for a while. Do braids, cornrows or twists. It will give you a break mentally. Hang on it will be ok. Sometimes our hair is at war with us. for now let it think its winning.

Dwayne

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

Keep ur head up mama!

"Never get tired of doing the right thing"...I think that came from a Tyler Perry movie :grin:

On the real...there are consequences for each decision we make (or don't make...which is a decision in itself) are you willing to pay the price for NOT doing what you know you should?

One thing I'm sure of sooner or later the results of your "quitting" with manifest itself (physically) in your hair!

I assume you came here looking for help? Well, from what I've seen you're in the right place. Lots of wisdom and great results here. Soak it up...apply it and watch those results manifest,

God Bless,
Dwayne

hopeful

To answer your question: Yes! Sometimes I want to relax my hair, get a really cute short cut, and dye it blonde!:lachen:And I'm dead serious:look:. I figure if I kept it short, I'd be constantly cutting off the damage from the double process. And I could go to the salon all the time and since I wouldn't be growing it out I wouldn't have to worry about scissor happy stylists, etc. And I might do that one day. But for now I'm determined to stay the course.

When you are frustrated it really is a good idea to hide your hair for a bit and give yourself and your hair a break. I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated. Try to stay positive and take it one day at a time. If you hair is seriously falling out in clumps you may need to see a doctor.

KrimsonKween

Hey Napp, well I just want to encourage you and let you know it does get better. When I first went natural my hair broke off all I could see was little curly hair over the sink, shower, floor and I cried alot.

This time I have still made some bad decision with trying to use so much stuff. In March I messed my hair up and had to start over. I lost a patch of hair in the back of my head. It has started growing back very nicely and I really k.i.s.s..

I keep my hair moisturized and oiled daily. Have you tried aphogee products? They have the moisturizer and the oil which I like them both. The moisturizer keeps my hair nice and soft and the oil helps with breakage for me and shine. Since I started using aphogee I don't have the problems with shedding like I used to. Also try not combing or manipulating it to much. Every morning I spray with water oil and fluff then i sray again and oil at night. I only comb in the shower when I have condish for about 20 minutes.

well good luck and be blessed..........:grin: