Anyone here still rock phony ponies?

Harina

I have a sort of phony pony situation going on right now. Basically cornrows going up into a kinky twist bun that I untwisted and am now wearing out. I feel like I don't see phony ponies as much or maybe they're just a lot more undetectable nowadays.

Last edited:

MsCarmenP

I was thinking about getting one the other day but didn't feel like bothering to take out these crochet braids. I've actually been seeing quite a few women wearing phony ponies. To be honest, it's kind of refreshing to see because it seems like everybody is wearing waist length wavy hair. :look:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used to love these. Think i will get one some time soon!

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

mshoneyfly

I just ordered a synthetic yaki 12" from hairsisters. Gonna try to use it to make a high bun once I texturize in a few days.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
yes i have a janet collection afro punk puff in medium. i wore it once and i overheard some black girl on the bus explaining hair pieces to her white friend and used me as an example. i havent worn it since.

i thought it looked realisitc:ohwell:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
yes i have a janet collection afro punk puff in medium. i wore it once and i overheard some black girl on the bus explaining hair pieces to her white friend and used me as an example. i havent worn it since. i thought it looked realisitc:ohwell:

What???!!! OMG....that's so terrible. :(

girlonfire

No, but I've always wanted to make one myself I feel like the ones in the beauty supply stores don't really fit me. I wanted to make a braided bun phony pony.

angelhairtype4

I do. I made one out of crochet Marley hair. Whenever I do my medium twists I slap it on. People can't tell the difference.

I plan on doing another one and fluffing it out.