Anyone prepoo with caffeine or

VirtuousGal

is it always used towards the end of hair washing, like before final condition or as a final rinse? Does anyone think that its less beneficial if your washing/cowashing the tea or coffee out of your hair?

beautyaddict1913

I do my black tea rinse before I wash. I boil my tea. Steep it 2-3 hours. Saturate my head with oil. Pour the tea over my head about 5-6 times. Wrap my head with a towel and shower cap. Let sit 30 minutes. Rinse out. Shampoo. Detangle. Deep condition. Moisturize and seal. I notice less shedding during detangling and during manipulation that week. I can't imagine doing it another way.

VirtuousGal

I do my black tea rinse before I wash. I boil my tea. Steep it 2-3 hours. Saturate my head with oil. Pour the tea over my head about 5-6 times. Wrap my head with a towel and shower cap. Let sit 30 minutes. Rinse out. Shampoo. Detangle. Deep condition. Moisturize and seal. I notice less shedding during detangling and during manipulation that week. I can't imagine doing it another way.

This sounds like it'd be so much easier than prepooing with oil/condish, washing, coming back out of the tub, tea rinsing, rinsing out tea, deep conditioning, then rinsing and styling, I am always looking for ways to take complication out of my regimen. Thanks for responding :)

che1219

I shampoo, rinse out the shampoo, then pour black tea over my head a couple of times, then I put my conditioner on without rinsing out the tea and proceed to deep condition.