Naturals who flat iron...what iron do you have?

What flat iron do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikosbelle

I purchased this wet-to-dry one. Haven't used it yet but I am very impressed and may use it during the holidays.

http://www.turboion.com/product_flatiron.htm

How ironic, I was talking with my realtor the other day and come to find out, she has the CROC iron as well. She is caucasian though. Be sure to report back and let me know how it performs on textured hair. She has a hookup who can get it for real good price, so I may consider buying the wet-to-dry one. I was looking at the T3 wet-to-dry as well.

BrittanyH26

I have both a Maxiglide and a CHI..

I love the maxiglide.. it gets hair very straight and you can get real close to the roots. The only issue I had with it was its big size.. which is why I went to the Chi. The Chi, in my opinion, is easier to handle.

I recommend either of those. Both get the job done. Be sure to use a heat protectant!

carameldiva

How ironic, I was talking with my realtor the other day and come to find out, she has the CROC iron as well. She is caucasian though. Be sure to report back and let me know how it performs on textured hair. She has a hookup who can get it for real good price, so I may consider buying the wet-to-dry one. I was looking at the T3 wet-to-dry as well.

Will do. I purchased it on ebay for like $119. I think mine has the infrared technology as well.

BostonMaria

I have a cheapie Revlon. I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on flat ironing often. The ceramic is only a coating and will wear off.
I've had mine for quite a while but only use it 1-2 times a month if that and the coating is now coming off, soooo, I'll have to fork out another 24.99 for another year, lol!!

I had one of these, but as my natural hair got longer and thicker it just didn't do the trick anymore. I had to give it to my daughter.

I have a Chi and it works really well. My hair is pretty thick and I have alot. I really hope it works in the summer time. Flatironing in the summer is useless for me.

Rastafarai

I am 3c/4a natural and plan on buying a flat iron soon. It seems like FHI might be the better option for natural heads?

I am looking for something that does a great job at straightening the roots AND lasting for most part of the day. Also, something that can give that shiny/sheen look.

Any suggestions?

Rastafarai

I'm loving my Chi, going on two years with it and it gives me absolutely great results. I think however, the results you get with a flat iron depends a lot on your technique.

What's you're technique and which model do you use?

Thanks!

Transformer

I am 3c/4a natural and plan on buying a flat iron soon. It seems like FHI might be the better option for natural heads?

I am looking for something that does a great job at straightening the roots AND lasting for most part of the day. Also, something that can give that shiny/sheen look.

Any suggestions?

I have brand called Pro-Silk. Google it. Mine is the titianium stone with adjustable temp? I've had it for three years and for me it worked better than all the others I've tried...which is a lot!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I voted for maxiglide but I just bought a solia. The maxiglide worked great, it had my hair really straight and all with no damage but since my hair has gotten longer, i just don't have the patience to deal with the little pins. Those didn't 'glide' through my hair as quickly as it did on the commercial and I had to get a small tooth comb through my hair first before even attempting a swipe. I tried the flat plates but they don't close completely and I didn't notice that until way too late. Anywho, i decided to go with a solia and plan to use it this weekend so i'll see how it works out.

Auburn

I will be getting the FHI Runway next week!

zzirvingj

I just wanna give a shoutout to my new FHI IRON! :grin::grin::grin:

I used to have a Maxiglide but I sold it and I couldn't be happier :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Keedah

I love the teeth on my Maxiglide too. I couldnt get my hair striaght with regular flat irons no matter what I did. As long as you dont try to put a huge chunk of your hair through it the teeth shouldnt take your hair out.

momi

I just wanna give a shoutout to my new FHI IRON! :grin::grin::grin:

I used to have a Maxiglide but I sold it and I couldn't be happier :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Yeah - the FHI is the truth... now if I could only do a braidout like yours :perplexed

It is really pretty! I dont think I have enough hair yet though...

morehairplease

I have brand called Pro-Silk. Google it. Mine is the titianium stone with adjustable temp? I've had it for three years and for me it worked better than all the others I've tried...which is a lot!

Hi there,

Is your iron the nano one that they have?
tia,
tishee

BlackMasterPiece

MaxiGlide MP (I'm about to have the mini glide as well), then I have an Amika, and I have my oldschool ConAir Infiniti. The MaxiGlide is the best and my favorite:yep:

Taina

I have 2 flat irons :
1.- Revlon
2.- Mini -conair

I'm using the conair now that i have the TWA, it works wonders =). Oh the Conair have teeth on, but they are removable, i hate 'em too.

I will get the maxiglide when my hair gets longer

sweetsuccess

i love all of those on the poll except for CHI.... i have an FHI and an H2pro...:grin: and i LOVE THEM BOTH!!! i use to own a sedu which i loved as well but got stolen when my car got broken into :perplexed

bluediamond0829

I have a flat iron i purchased in the mall and it for right now i guess i havent experimented to see what the difference is---but i think i would lean more toward either the MG or the FHI based on the reviews.

discobiscuits

i no longer have the one in the quote box below.

i got a jilbere convex concave that looks EXACTLY like the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Concave/Convex 1" Iron & i'm wondering if they are manufactured by the same company just with different names, colors and price points. my jilbere is exactly like this one pictured here.

i did a quick google search and babyliss and jilbere are in fact one and the same.

however, i'm back in this thread getting ideas because i want a new, better quality flat iron.

I use a 1" Titanium Tools Professional Flat Iron by Jilbere de Paris. I LOVE it! Proof positive that you don't need to pay over $100 for a quality flat iron with professional results.