Apl Challenge 2017

Evolving78

I want one too! Ordered my tub of keracare humecto.... finally
I thought about that tub too. I'm gonna get that next month as well. The conditioner I use works, but it's too heavy. My hair doesn't feel dry today after heat styling. Maybe I will just use a little bit, or cut it with grapeseed oil. Mystic Divine. Anyone with thick hair, or natural 3c-4c hair would like it.

LushLox

Here is an update pic of my hair
My child said I have an inch left to make it to APL. Hopefully by Oct!

Lovely hair, why do you trim so often - clearly you don't need to!!

Oh and don't sleep on the shower filter; especially if you live in a hard water area. The difference it makes to your your hair is very noticeable.

I want one too! Ordered my tub of keracare humecto.... finally

If you haven't used it before, it's a great conditioner. :yep:

gvin89

@LushLox
I need a shower filter badly. The water here is a mess! I would do better washing my hair in well water! Like a well outside, made of stones, that you need a bucket to use to draw from! Lol
@shortdub78 , are you using hard water shampoo? Jane Carter has one that I'm going to try once I get these braids out.

Any recommendations on a particular shower filter brand?

Evolving78

@shortdub78 , are you using hard water shampoo? Jane Carter has one that I'm going to try once I get these braids out.

Any recommendations on a particular shower filter brand?
I used a chelating shampoo awhile ago, and the ORS creamy aloe. I need a hard water one. Is it drying?
Hey MsSpeedyGrow:giggle:, your hair seems to be doing well even without one. Looking very nice.
Lol you think so? I guess I'm being delusional! Lol

faithVA

Here is an update pic of my hair
My child said I have an inch left to make it to APL. Hopefully by Oct!

Your hair is beautiful. I knew it would be.

I hate to praise you and fuss at you in the same post but I have to do what I have to do.

Um, sistah girl, when you take your pictures can you stop cropping out your arm pits? What is on the side of you that you don't want us to see :lol:

You will definitely be APL this year. :yep:

Evolving78

Your hair is beautiful. I knew it would be.

I hate to praise you and fuss at you in the same post but I have to do what I have to do.

Um, sistah girl, when you take your pictures can you stop cropping out your arm pits? What is on the side of you that you don't want us to see :lol:

You will definitely be APL this year. :yep:
I'm sorry! lol i will show my pits next time! lol

Evolving78

Ok ladies! I got a shower filter today! It's the disposable one. It's suppose to last for 6 months, but I will be buying another one when I move. I wonder if Sally's has a packet of the hard water shampoo? I don't wanna buy the bottle.

Evolving78

Ok ladies, so I air dried last night... but I went to sleep with my hair out and slept on my arms. I tried to M&S, but yeah that didn't work... so I decided to cowash my hair with some HE HH. I'm tee shirt drying now before I detangle... I'm gonna allow my hair to air dry a bit, then I'm going to blow dry on cool. I won't use the comb attatchement, I'll just use my wide toothed comb.

Evolving78

Blow drying on cool is like watching paint dry... it take my hair forever to dry. At least I have the moisture locked in and can finish allowing it to airdry.

PerfectlyFlawed

I've decided that I'm going to relax today or tomorrow. I'm 20 weeks post right now and dealing with the two textures is still pretty easy. But the braids I did a month or so ago gave me some serious split ends. I've been S/D all month but I think I really need a trim. I want my hair straight so I can properly access the damage and get a nice even trim.

Evolving78

I think I might get some more satin rollers, and a few more larger (grey and purple) flexi rods to do dry sets on my hair. I will allow my hair to air dry, and I may set my hair when it's 80-90 dry. This way if I want to wear it curly, I don't have to do any wet setting, or blow dry with heat to curl. I can pin up the hair, so it's not snagging on anything either. I have a serious demarcation line, so I don't want to put a lot of tension on my strands. I may wet set in another year or two. Once I make MBL, I can start trimming off my bone straight ends more aggressively.

Yeah I'm going to try the satin pillow rollers.

Last edited:

gvin89

I think I might get some more satin rollers, and a few more larger (grey and purple) flexi rods to do dry sets on my hair. I will allow my hair to air dry, and I may set my hair when it's 80-90 dry. This way if I want to wear it curly, I don't have to do any wet setting, or blow dry with heat to curl. I can pin up the hair, so it's not snagging on anything either. I have a serious demarcation line, so I don't want to put a lot of tension on my strands. I may wet set in another year or two. Once I make MBL, I can start trimming off my bone straight ends more aggressively.

Yeah I'm going to try the satin pillow rollers.
Are you transitioning?