April 2016: Hits & Misses

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Still a Miss: Honey's Handmade customer service. Why the flipping frick and I am still trying to get a replacement for my product that THEY packaged wrong? It's been a month. I've been patient, I've been nice. I've been understanding. I lost track of time because of school. So complaints will be filed with my bank. They will be sent copies of emails showing where I tried to resolve the issue and she has lost a customer for life. Think I'll stick to my on the ground products.

blackeyes31626

Miss: Going to 3 Targets and not being able to get anymore almond jai twisting butter. 1 Target had 3 that had a thick layer of water floating at the top. I've purchased this product several times, had a jar for well over a year and I've never seen water in it. I tossed them all back. Another Target had one that I guess someone decided to try out then return. Had their nasty hair in it. And the other was wiped clean of all CR products except 1 opened curl maker. I'm so sad y'all.

I feel your pain. I went to two looking for the Aloe whipped butter gel but no luck. But they had tons of everything else. smh
I hope they have a Mother's Day sale.

NappyKinks

@KinksAndInk

Sorry to hear about your bad Honey's Handmade experience. I've been buying their products since they were Happy Nappy Honey and can speak from experience that they're packaging/shipping isn't always on point. I've had packages arrived with the wrong products, spilled products and missing product. I still patronize them because my finicky hair loves their conditioners and stylers and they usually have great sales. Also because they've always resolved any issue, though not usually in a timely manner, it sometimes takes a bit of back and forth which can be a bit frustrating. I hope everything works out for you.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk

Sorry to hear about your bad Honey's Handmade experience. I've been buying their products since they were Happy Nappy Honey and can speak from experience that they're packaging/shipping isn't always on point. I've had packages arrived with the wrong products, spilled products and missing product. I still patronize them because my finicky hair loves their conditioners and stylers and they usually have great sales. Also because they've always resolved any issue, though not usually in a timely manner, it sometimes takes a bit of back and forth which can be a bit frustrating. I hope everything works out for you.
Thanks. I'm still done. You shouldn't have to go back and forth with a company when they're in the wrong. I can spend my money anywhere and I refuse to give it to a company that shows such disregard for their customer. I sent pics as soon as I opened the package and saw the problem. Nothing else was damaged. They didn't put a top on a product properly. It's that simple. There should be no back and forth. That's petty and unprofessional. Period. I work hard for my money and her unappreciative, rude behind won't be getting another penny of it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New hit

APB ultra conditioning souffle. After using a sulfate shampoo that sucked every drop of moisture out of my hair, this brought it back to life! Super soft and moisturized after rinsing.

Miss

Head and shoulders Apple Shampoo and conditioner combo. Really frothy and suds but sooooo drying. Felt like I clarified

Continued Hit

Sheamoisture Low Porosity Leave in detangler. Boo status. Moisture, detangling and heavy all in one. Love it.

Qhemet Biologics CTDG as a leave in. Soft Sheeny hair as usual.

NappyKinks

@KinksAndInk

I understand. I too have a few companies on my NO BUY list as well. When I reach my hard limit with a company I don't care how much my hair loves their product, when I'm done, I'm done. You are absolutely right, there are too many NHC companies in the biz today to be stressed. I like some of Karen's Body Beautiful products but after I found a hair in my jar of Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream, their solution to the problem wasn't to replace it or refund my money but to give me a 15% off code for a future order, as if. . . smh. I had to cut 'em loose. Same goes for Hydroquench Systems and a few other NHCs that are now closed out and rightfully so. I hope you got your money back.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes

Is the SM Low Porosity detangler anything like the Raw Shea detangler?

Has anyone tried the African Water Mint detangler? How is that one?

TIA

IMO it is better than the Raw Shea Detangler. I like the Raw Shea but for some reason this low porosity is just oober good!

The African Water Mint is okay. Nothing to write home about, I use it to prepoo.

The low porosity I can use on freshly washed hair and my hair will dry, soft and supple without any additional products. Instant boo status @NappyKinks

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk

I understand. I too have a few companies on my NO BUY list as well. When I reach my hard limit with a company I don't care how much my hair loves their product, when I'm done, I'm done. You are absolutely right, there are too many NHC companies in the biz today to be stressed. I like some of Karen's Body Beautiful products but after I found a hair in my jar of Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream, their solution to the problem wasn't to replace it or refund my money but to give me a 15% off code for a future order, as if. . . smh. I had to cut 'em loose. Same goes for Hydroquench Systems and a few other NHCs that are now closed out and rightfully so. I hope you got your money back.
Yes I did. My bank reversed the transaction immediately. I think I'm going back to otg products with the exception of maybe NurCreations (and that's a biiiiiiiig maybe) and Oyin during BF for liter and 16oz products.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk

Glad to hear it. I've been curious about NurCreations for a while. I keep making dummy carts but haven't checked out yet, shipping is CRAY!!
Her shipping is insane it I love love love the matcha/avocado deep conditioner. I recently got 2 16oz since she's doing 50% off (not sure if it's still going on). IF she did another 50% off I'd probably buy more. But she has high shipping and long wait times. Annoying but the product is awesome.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk
This totally sums things up. :perplexed:

We still have not received our orders. Even though I was issued a Ship Notice, it was nothing more than a "Created Label":ohwell:
Yep it took nearly 2 weeks to get my first order. Lawd knows how long this second one is going to take. I'm tempted to convo her about a part time job just so I can get y'all orders out cuz this is insane.

Sally.

Hit:
APB conditions soufflé. I haven't even washed it out but it's just what my hair needed. Had less than half a jar but stretched it through and left it on with a gold conditioning cap.

Miss:
Protein. 2.5 years into my transition and protein ain't my friend :( I never thought J would see the day. My hair is soft and retaining the moisture, the issue is that it gets dry and hard, as if there isn't enough moisture. So I'm gonna go from 4-6 weeks to 8-10 weeks with protein and take it from there.
what is a gold deep conditioning cap? are you referring to this "gold n hot conditioning heat cap"?:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/gold-n-hot-conditioning-heat-cap/SBS-255503,default,pd.html

Last edited: