Are the edges of your hairline "long"?

The hair at the edges of my hairline are:

• bald (naturally - just don't grow)

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • bald (because of damage/alopecia/etc.)

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • 1 inch or less

Votes: 98 22.8%
  • between 1-3 inches

Votes: 196 45.7%
  • more than 3 inches

Votes: 90 21.0%
  • I can pull the hair at my hairline into a ponytail.

Votes: 53 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snillohsss

Mine actually are...in comparison to most. They are shorter than the rest of my hair, but they are about 6 inches long.

I have never had an "edges" problem.

brittanynic16

My edges are over six inches long. They were never more than 3 but now that my hair is a lot healthier they have grown and grown

Jaxhair

Most of my edges seem to grow alright, apart fron the front bit. I seem to suffer from male pattern type baldness and they are just baby hairs on the front, sigh. Not sure weather it's years of bad hair practices with the too tight braiding in the past, but I think they are thickening up some since I started caring for them and not pulling them back to severely. I'd say the shortest are approximately 1 inch at the most. The rest is as long, probably even longer than the rest of my hair (6-7'').

skegeesmb

My edges are about 6 inches long. I haven't had a problem with edges either. I usually relax that area last and the relaxer stay on the shortest there.

Avan207

I see that you wear glasses and I did too. i noticed that when I wore them the earpieces pressed against my temples and caused thinning. Maybe that's it??

Mercie

You've got to give yourself some credit.
Your edges have filled in since the first picture.

My edges only break off when they aren't moisturized.
I moisturize my edges every night and I brush them.
They aren't breaking off anymore.

edit: I don't brush excessively just enough to get the cream throughout the hair

aquajoyice

When I first started my hair journey in 2004 my edges were really damaged and I didn't see any improvement until I stopped using heat. I'm surprised that my edges have retained enough growth to pull back.. becuase I wear my hair in bun or pony a lot. I slick using a boar bristle and I pull it tight. I'm not sure why it hasn't broken considering I hear that you can get severe breakage when you pull your hair back often.

Also, I noticed in your pics that your edges are a complete coil. Maybe it's not that your edges are'nt growing but your experiencing shrinkage...
I see a difference in thickness, but your edges are coiling up. I think they're growing their just curly edges.

IWantBSl09

Mine are short too so perhaps the life stage of the hair of that area is just short, like the life line for hair line hair is just very short.

Nya33

My temples are the shortest, the rest is growing. I just have to accept my temples will be fuzzy!

sheedahp

I believe wrapping my hair at night and using the head piece with velcroux has caused damage to my edges. I would wake up and the piece would be hangin off my head and my hair would be caught in the velcroux. I used to wrap my hair in one direction and I noticed the side that I wrapped away from began to thin and break so I started alternating and then I noticed both sides began to thin and break so I no longer wrap I just part my hair in fours pin them up and wear a bonnet satin cap and waiting to see what difference it will make.

Lucia

Mine are 1-3 inches, but they're the baby hairs/short sideburns and they're 1c, then they get thicker and curlier as yo go along, some of the front are damaged from headbands and braided weaves, they always grow back when I take a break from weaving, but my hairs thick so no one sees a dozen short hairs in front, I blend them in and they follow the long hairs and grow.