At what length did you wear your hair down again?

newgrowth15

I have just hit my first hair goal of APL, but I am not ready to where my hair down yet? At what length did you feel comfortable wearing your hair down after PS'ing for so long?

Attachments

• 100_3619.jpg
    100_3619.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_3704.jpg
    100_3704.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 114

MzOptimistic

I didn't start feeling comfy until I was BS and I still PS'd 5 days a week. I won't ever fully wear my hair down. Once I reach my ultimate goal of WL. I will still baggy my ends 3X a week:yep:

beans4reezy

Same here OP. I just hit APL and there is no way I am wearing my hair down until I at least hit BSB straightened. Until then, it's braids and wigs for me ;)

runwaydream

i thought i'd be comfortable when i reached apl. but now that im here i dont think i will be until i hit bsl.

sunnieb

Actually, I've been wearing my hair down more lately now that I'm between APL and BSL. However, I still wear protective styles at least 3-4 days a week depending on my mood.

Angelicus

I started wearing it down more often after I became BSL. I'm around APL right now but I feel comfortable wearing my hair down about 2x a week.

Shananyganz

I haven't a clue as to why, but in my mind...BSL it is. I'm like Chin Length stretched (I think) right now, so I clearly have a ways to go and it isn't as if my hair has ever been BSL, but that is the length I see when I envision wearing my hair down. I had a BSL weave not too long back...so I wonder if that is the culprit...but I digress....to answer the question...BSL

naturalepiphany

After reaching APL I've been wanting to wear my hair down more often, but I really want to make BSL by this April. I think I will wear my hair down more often in the spring when I reach my goal. But knowing me I will probably still PS the majority of the time.

Tinkerbell19

i thought it would be apl but since i have been at this length and in between bsl i have decided to wait until full bsl before i start wearing it down straight.:grin:

PopLife

I probably won't start until I reach full BSL but I will still incorporate protective styles.

newgrowth15

It seems the general consensus is BSL. But now I wonder if when we get there, willl we want to wait until MBL or longer before wearing it out. :lachen:

winnettag

I still don't want to wear my hair down, but I'm thinking when I'm full WL I'll want to wear it down.
My sister teases me and says I'll have ankle length hair and still won't straighten it or wear it down.

newgrowth15

:lachen::lachen::lachen: See, that's what I mean. How long is long enough?

I still don't want to wear my hair down, but I'm thinking when I'm full WL I'll want to wear it down.
My sister teases me and says I'll have ankle length hair and still won't straighten it or wear it down.

ckisland

I never conscientiously wanted to wear my hair up until the past 6 months or so, because my hair shrunk enough to be protected from clothing and my surroundings. I HATE wearing my hair out for more than a day now because it gets caught on every dang thing :wallbash:!!!! My hair's almost BSL stretched and shrinks to grazing SL. So I'm at that length that would be hard to get past if I kept my hair out/down :nono:. And I have to put my braids and twists in ponytails or buns because they are (sometimes) at full SL :sad:. Right now I'm taking advantage of the fact that I don't want to wear my hair down problem not until my shrinkages gets me past SL. But I know once I hit WL, I'll be straightening more often and I will be swanging it everywhere :grin:. Hopefully I won't go overboard and have my but back at APL :perplexed.

classychic1908

Full MBL, I will still keep it up most of the time, but I'll wear more variations in my protective styles and straighten maybe 5 times a year instead of 2.

MizzBrit

well maybe its diff from relaxed than naturals..my hair grows out not down.i started wearing mine when i had a decent size puff..idk how long it was if it was straightened. but i dont plan to wear my hair*in their own twist/braids w/ no extensions) when i get to a length the twist/braids/styled frames my face. i wear my puff though

LadyPaniolo

I don't know. Maybe Hip Length? I've been wigging it pretty consistently, but now I'm trying to start wearing twists, which I will put up in a PS like a bun or in a hair fork or chignon. I don't want my ends getting beat up. It's more important *to me* to have the long hair than it is to wear my hair out.

lolascurls

I'm now BSL and still not comfy wearing it down.
I think once I'm WL, by God's grace, I can try some braidouts (from cornrows) and twistouts (from flat twists).
Still hiding my hair! :nono:

ckisland

I don't mean to jack the post but, why are so many people saying BSL?
That's a good question. I can only think that it's because you've made it past the dreaded APL hump and BSL is generally the start of long hair :look:. But I think it's going to vary for those who are naturals and wear their hair curly and straight haired ladies.

HairSupremacy

I used to wear my hair down in high school long years ago. I have not worn it down since because I don't like to deal with my hair when I get ready to go somewhere. I am a get up and go girl. I like a hair style that is easy and I don't have to worry about as much. I am not sure if I would wear it down again, but for me to consider it, my hair would have to be really long, which to me would be about BSL to MBL, and really thick.

newgrowth15

ckisland, ITA with your observations. Once I reach BSL I will only wear it out for special occasions. I rarely use heat on my hair now and can't image being in bondage every day :wallbash: to the straightening comb once again.

That's a good question. I can only think that it's because you've made it past the dreaded APL hump and BSL is generally the start of long hair :look:. But I think it's going to vary for those who are naturals and wear their hair curly and straight haired ladies.

AVE One

As a relaxed head I thought it would be APL but I really wanted to enjoy my hair so I started a little sooner that expected, so to answer the question almost APL. I don't wear it down consistently, maybe a couple of times a week. I plan to do a few long protective styling stretches over the next few months to help me safely get to BSL. Responses will probably vary between naturals and relaxed ladies.

SmilingElephant

I started wearing my hair down more (comfortably) When i reach a little bit past BSL....bc i was over the hump of my hair rubbing on my collars and being OCD about cotton shirts. At that length i was able to just swing it out the way of any danger.