When will you be able to let your hair down?

I'll ease up on the protective styles when I'm.....

• SL

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • APL

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • BSL/BSB

Votes: 77 31.6%
  • MBL

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • WL

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • TBL

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't think I'll ever be satisfied enough to wear it down often :ohwell:

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • I already wear my hair down often. It's healthy, I'm flaunting it! :grin:

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm APL, and not quite comfortable with wearing my hair down yet. In the real world it's considered long, but I just don't feel like it's long enough! I think when I reach BSB, I'll be able to finally let my hair down (literally!) and enjoy it. I'll ease up on the protective styles and flaunt it! :grin:

What about you? When will you be comfy wearing your hair down?

wheezy807

I'm on my way to BSL and now i am starting to wear my hair down, atleast more than usual lately (i get so tired of that damn bun). The strange thing is i don't consider my hair long either. I dunno.*sigh*

JustKiya

With shrinkage, it most likely won't STAY down until it's MBL, or so. :lachen:I don't know - we'll see as we get there.

TLC1020

I wear my hair down more now that I am APL than any other hair growing stage. I want BSL so bad that I can taste it, I've been wearing buns lately but I will be doing my touch-up in mid July so I'll be wearing it down. Before I made APL I rarely wore my hair down, I was always wearing a bun, now I'm more content with the length of my hair.

TriniStarr

I am around APL....so i have to say for me, not until i am bsl. Once i reach BSL, i will still cont to wear my proactive styles for the fall/winter and enjoy my hair for the spring and summer!

ak46

As soon as I'm full APL and my hair looks healthy and thick...I will start wearing it down more. Plus all this growing and I haven't been really able to show it off...I'm hoping by September I can :grin:

redd

I will wear my hair down when I hit the one year mark of my transition. I plan on straightening my hair and enjoying all the growth from four consecutive months of 2008 Bootcamp; and I will trim my ends if necessary.

glam-

I'm close to BSL stretched, and in the SL/APL neighborhood when curly. I've been wearing my hair down and curly a lot more lately- just cause I'm liking it :grin: and people keep complimenting the curls. I've been doing this almost every day for the last few weeks, but I'm quick to pin it up or just pull it into a ponytail if I am at my desk or at home. I mostly wear it down when I am out or in meetings. (Hopefully my ends won't suffer too much)

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I wear it down when I get it freshly done to enjoy it but after a week or two it's right back up for PS. I am more comfortable with it up now I realised. Maybe I'll wear it out more when I hit MBL which is not too far away now:spinning:

Mrs.Green

I will wear mine down when I reach Bra Strap. I have this fear that wearing my hair down, it will break off to neck length and i'll have to start all over again :look:. I know i'm being paranoid but... in case.... *shrugs*

LongiLox

I'll wear it down more often if my hair was even. Right now I have the "W" or "upside down V" syndrome. :(

winnettag

I don't think I'll feel like it's long until it's a full MBL. Until then, I don't want to wear it down, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. And even when it's that long I'll probably only wear it down if I go out on weekends.

kblc06

I'm wearing my hair down to day :grin:(in it's curly shrunken state). I will probably be bsl before I'm comfortable with wearing in down straight (I'm about 1-2 inches away now)

Last edited:

BeautifullySo

Because my hair is pretty short, I have no problem with wearing it down on occasion without it rubbing against things. Wearing it down and straight (not curled, ends not even bumped under) is a different story, haha. -gets her clippers-

fluffylocks

Well to me, blunt shoulderlength is almost long :ohwell: I would have felt really comfy wearing my SL hair down.....

But i wanted APL so bad that i kept it up. So anything at and past SL and im really happy, but im keeping it up to get to my goals as quick as possible.

FlawedBeauty

im heading toward bsl and i still dont feel like its long. although i do wanna have it down all the time but that requires flat ironing often and i dont wanna jack up my head and impede my progress lol. plus im still obsessed with washing right now so wearing it down and straight would only fly for about 2 days and i can't be blow dryin and flat ironing every 2 days. *sigh*

LaPetiteCoquette

BSL is when I'll let it down, but still only on weekends and for special events and holidays. BSL is also when I'll be beginning my transition, so I am not too sure how that's going to work our .... :look:

Eisani

I'm almost MBL and I still don't like to wear my hair down/out very often :nono:. I'm not gonna front though, I love that wow response from people when they see it down and realize what I'm working with but protective styles are just more convenient and hassle-free for me. Besides, my hair feels like a blanket when it's down-I ALWAYS get hot! I'll wear a WnG but even with that, by the end of the day it's in a headband or homemade ponytail holder getting this ish up outta my face :drunk:!

SeatownSista

I wear my hair "down" several times a week in my curly shrunken wash and go. I'm a lil past APL but it shrinks to above my shoulders. I don't like to wear it straight and down though because I really wish it were longer. I feel like I shouldn't wear it straight and down until I reach BSL. It seems like it's taking forever though. :ohwell:

Menina Preta

I prefer to wear my hair down. Right now, it's down and in a braid-out. I'm self-conscious about the size of my head. I think I look weird with wearing buns too often, b/c I can't get them to be nice and full like other members. Also, I feel like my edges have too much tension when I bun (I use a ponytail holder and then pin the bun in place). My hair isn't long enough to do the no ponytail, twistie type buns.

I'm APL-ish.

Cichelle

It's not about being satisfied enough to wear my hair down. It's just about protecting my hair and being comfortable. Today I wore my hair down, which is rare for me, and I got a "reminder" about why I normally don't do that. I was trying on clothes and it got caught in a zipper near my waist, where I couldn't even see and didn't realize it had happened until I was unzipping. I was pretty mad. I was careful to get it out, but it wasn't something I'd like to have repeated. As my hair gets longer, it seems to be more important to keep it up. It's also more comfortable, especially in the summer heat.

SimpleKomplexity

When I am 1 inch past APL, I will be able to let my hair down, and finally enjoy it. Right now, I just go with the flow, and try to never let my hair touch my shoulders, but once I hit APL I will wear it out more until I reach BSL. Once I hit BSL it will eb smooth sailing babe!

Determined22

I prefer to wear my hair down. Right now, it's down and in a braid-out. I'm self-conscious about the size of my head. I think I look weird with wearing buns too often, b/c I can't get them to be nice and full like other members. Also, I feel like my edges have too much tension when I bun (I use a ponytail holder and then pin the bun in place). My hair isn't long enough to do the no ponytail, twistie type buns.

I'm APL-ish.

Just my opinion, but if you are APL then you can't definitely do a bun without a ponytail holder. I had to do some experimenting, but I can do a twisted bun that doesn't look tiny with some Good HairDays pins.

lilsparkle825

I'm close to BSL stretched, and in the SL/APL neighborhood when curly. I've been wearing my hair down and curly a lot more lately- just cause I'm liking it :grin: and people keep complimenting the curls. I've been doing this almost every day for the last few weeks, but I'm quick to pin it up or just pull it into a ponytail if I am at my desk or at home. I mostly wear it down when I am out or in meetings. (Hopefully my ends won't suffer too much)
if i was this length i would wear it down every day. your hair is very nice.

i used to wear it down when it was SL but now i know better...gotta keep those ends up. when i get to APL stretched or full SL curly i will wear it down more, but i will probably be so used to ponytails and buns that i will prefer it like that.

Riverwalk

I will wear mine down when I reach Bra Strap. I have this fear that wearing my hair down, it will break off to neck length and i'll have to start all over again :look:. I know i'm being paranoid but... in case.... *shrugs*

Okay, so its not just me :look:

I am BSL (stretched, I am natural), and I still feel weird wearing my hair down for fear of breakage. I mean, even when I get into a car, I am paranoid that some end of my hair is going to snag on the seat and break. :look:

To be honest though, I have grown very comfortable wearing my hair up.

talata

I think I'll be ready at APL - which is my goal length. I have a bit of a way to go though. For now, I'm just enjoying my low maintenance protective styles - and my 2 new wigs:grin:.