When will you be able to let your hair down?

I'll ease up on the protective styles when I'm.....

• SL

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • APL

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • BSL/BSB

Votes: 77 31.6%
  • MBL

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • WL

Votes: 19 7.8%
  • TBL

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I don't think I'll ever be satisfied enough to wear it down often :ohwell:

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • I already wear my hair down often. It's healthy, I'm flaunting it! :grin:

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters

fivetimestwo

I probably will not wear my hair down a lot until I reach MBL only because the front of my hair is a lot shorter than the back and I think I'd have to be MBL in the back just to have a decent length in the front. I'll probably get it cut evenly once I reach mid-back :yep:

prospurr4

At my current length (MBL), I haven't been wearing my hair down often because it gets in my way. So lately, when I wear my hair down, I choose styles that shrink the length, like twistouts, spiral sets, etc. I still love long hair, though, but I am rethinking my tailbone length goal...maybe I'll stop at hipbone instead. :look:

BostonMaria

Well I'm a bit dissapointed because I didn't anticipate all this shrinkage when I went natural. I will wear it down more in the fall when the weather cools down. Hopefully next summer I can have that long, curly hair I've been dreaming of.

Probably never :nono: . I am between APL and BSL and the goal is WL. I won't be able to relax until I reach WL. I wear it down for a week after I get it done then back to protective styling mode. I co-wash daily and updo's are the easiest/safest way to style my hair afterwards.

tocktick

i do so already. i PS (using braids) about 5-6 months a year and keep my hair loose the rest of the time. i would go crazy if i didn't have this system in place whilst i'm actively growing it out.

It~Can~Grow

Um I said MBL. My guess is - if I'm MBL and I loose some pieces to sweater rubbing or snags...I'm still teetering around the MBL and I wont be obssesive :grin: