Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta

now yall got me wanting to try all the other AO conditioners. muffin i dont want you to think mine was thin. its not thin its just not as thick and hard to get out of the bottle as the hsr conditioner. but maybe if i take it out of the bathroom it wouldnt be that way. i like them in the bathroom because with the steam and all its so much easier to get out of the bottle.

now yall got me wanting to try all the other AO conditioners. muffin i dont want you to think mine was thin. its not thin its just not as thick and hard to get out of the bottle as the hsr conditioner. but maybe if i take it out of the bathroom it wouldnt be that way. i like them in the bathroom because with the steam and all its so much easier to get out of the bottle.

That's ok. I think I misread your post. You just said it was thinner than the other conditioners, you didn't say it was thin in itself. But, like you said, the steam is probably what made it thin. I'm going to have to try that method with the HSR. It's so thick that sucker doesn't want to come out of the bottle when it's running low, lol.

It is my goal to one day try ALL of the aubrey conditioners. After all, that's the only way I can make a truthful decision as to which one I really like *PJ's Justification Speech* :grin:.

It conditioned my hair well. Just as well as the honeysuckle rose :yep:

but I haaaaaaaaaaaate the smell. Ew. Another product my nose doesn't like.

ya know my hair is kinda fine well thinner than it use to be but u gave me a great idea I've always been afraid to use gpb more than once a week but when I use it I have no breakage at all so maybe I should do what you use to do and see how it copes.

Of all the Ao conditioners I've tried, I'd rate WC first and RM second. Rosa Mosqueta worked pretty well, my hair was well conditioned with it, but the smell was kind of sickening after a few uses and it's not as good as the WC on my hair.

It's more expensive because Rose Hip Seed Oil, the fourth ingredient, is really expensive and I figure they probably use a lot in the conditioner.

Also, I'm not sure where you guys are getting that it's a protein conditioner because it doesn't have any protein in the ingredients. It does have two aminio acids, but amino acids are generally too small to have any real benefit for the hair and they're lower on the ingredient list. Also, amino acids don't act the same way that an actual protein does.

THICK??? Now that's a different story. My interest is peaked again. I wonder why Chebaby's was thin? I'm going to call my local vitamin shoppe and place an order for it. I'm going to buy it through them because I won't have to pay shipping and handling. They just deliver it right to the store, call me when the order comes in, and it's nearly 20% off the original purchase price. Eventually I will also try the Jojoba & Aloe as well. If I'm going to call myself an Aubrey lover, I need to try all of their conditioners. I tried the island naturals, and I liked that one a lot, better than the GPB for protein. But recently I repurchased it, and the ingredients look like they underwent a change (it listed cetyl alcohol as the first ingredient instead of the coconut fatty acid cream base) and my hair didn't like it the same.

The ingredients didn't change...the coconut fatty acid cream base is cetyl alcohol, it's the base of all the AO conditioners and part of the reason why they're so moisturizing. If your hair didn't like that one, but likes others then it's probably not the cetyl alcohol it was objecting to.

The AO labels that are made for the UK have always had the cetyl alchol listed (instead of the coconut fatty acid cream base) because the labeling standards over there are more strict. Here in the US, companies can use "creative" labeling. I'm not sure if our laws got more strict or AO decided to make the change themselves.

That's why it's important to really read and research the labels of "natural" ingredients. A lot of the names they use sound great, and all natural, but really aren't.

today i didnt have time to really deep condition like i wanted to so what i did was mix the white camillia, rose mosqueta and honey and left in on for 10 minutes in the shoer and my hair was so darn soft. i was really pleased.

The ingredients didn't change...the coconut fatty acid cream base is cetyl alcohol, it's the base of all the AO conditioners and part of the reason why they're so moisturizing. If your hair didn't like that one, but likes others then it's probably not the cetyl alcohol it was objecting to.

The AO labels that are made for the UK have always had the cetyl alchol listed (instead of the coconut fatty acid cream base) because the labeling standards over there are more strict. Here in the US, companies can use "creative" labeling. I'm not sure if our laws got more strict or AO decided to make the change themselves.

That's why it's important to really read and research the labels of "natural" ingredients. A lot of the names they use sound great, and all natural, but really aren't.

Thanks for the insight ;).

Of all the Ao conditioners I've tried, I'd rate WC first and RM second. Rosa Mosqueta worked pretty well, my hair was well conditioned with it, but the smell was kind of sickening after a few uses and it's not as good as the WC on my hair.

It's more expensive because Rose Hip Seed Oil, the fourth ingredient, is really expensive and I figure they probably use a lot in the conditioner.

Also, I'm not sure where you guys are getting that it's a protein conditioner because it doesn't have any protein in the ingredients. It does have two aminio acids, but amino acids are generally too small to have any real benefit for the hair and they're lower on the ingredient list. Also, amino acids don't act the same way that an actual protein does.

That's true. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Proteins vary in the amount of amino acids they are made up of, but the average protein consists of 200-300 amino acids. Amino acids in hair products have more of a smoothing, anti-frizz affect (so I've read) than a strengthening affect.

Last edited:
the smell isn't that nice but ive smelled worse but i used this under my heat therapy wrap for 30 mins and man oh MAN!!! my hair wasn't that soft for awhile. i mean it was like silk and velvet all at once.

Back