August 2007 Hits & Misses

LaNecia

:hide: Hello Ladies!!

Wow, July is a goner? :cry4:

I guess that means it's time again for the hits and misses of a new month! (Well, ALMOST TIME!) :grin:

I'll be sitting by closely watching to see who gets in here first to report.:pop:

I'll be reviewing butters and oils this month, I'm not adding any thing else!

Vixx

Proudpiscean

HIT: Eqyss megatek & avocado mist! The avocado mist leaves my hair so moist and soft! :love:

ETA: I'll be back later with a review of the survivor detangler I'm waiting for it to arrive.

MonaLisa

Therrrrrre's my chica! Right on time (two days early...:look:)

What was taking you so long??!! I was thisclose to starting it on your behalf... :lol:

Right now, I'm loving Suela y Canela (Sole and Cinnamon)Conditioner for pre poos! Hit!

Liking Garnier Brilliante Wet Shine Gel and Sleek & Shine Sheer Conditioning Glaze for Braidouts - Hit!

Falling in love again with Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil - I need a major restock on this. I feel that I should have at least 6 bottles in the stash

SouthernTease

HITZ: MissKey10en1/ Salerm21/ Silicon Mix Intensive Treatment
Mixing EVOO & HONEY w/ cheapie conditioners, Suave Humecto, ACV RINSES

MISSES:
I don't have any because I've learned to stick to
the consensus and go with what has a pattern of working
for other LHCFers. I don't take any chances with products.
Plus, I'm trying to eliminate clutter... no more PJing for me.

MissMusic

Hits: Aveda!!! Shampure Shampoo, Brilliant Conditioner, Be Curly Enhancing Lotion, Damage Ready Spray, USC. Vaseline

Misses: None this month!

I hope to try the Smooth Infusion line (first the conditioner and then the Shampoo), so until then I will try to not let the PJ in me get to me:yep:

seymone

Hits:
Redken All Soft poo/cond:drunk:
Redken All Soft Silk Fuel
Redken Extreme poo/cond:drunk:
Redken Extreme Deep Fuel
Rusk Smoother

Will be back with more...

Misses:
Patene Relaxed & Natural Deep Conditioning Mask:nono:

LABETT

Therrrrrre's my chica! Right on time (two days early...:look:)

What was taking you so long??!! I was thisclose to starting it on your behalf... :lol:

Right now, I'm loving Suela y Canela (Sole and Cinnamon)Conditioner for pre poos! Hit!

Liking Garnier Brilliante Wet Shine Gel and Sleek & Shine Sheer Conditioning Glaze for Braidouts - Hit!

Falling in love again with Proclaim Natural 7 Olive Oil - I need a major restock on this. I feel that I should have at least 6 bottles in the stash
Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner is great.
Dont sleep on the Rinse I have the gallon size and the 56 oz size of conditioner.

Glitter

Hits:
  • NTM Sheer Repair Conditioning Foam. AWESOME!! I use a bit on my ends before I bun it up each day
  • Deep conditioning with Miss Key 10 in 1 super conditioner. I do it once a week, my hair feels soft and supple.
  • Bare Minerals make up (not hair related, but just wanted to share)

A_Christian

Hit: Design Essentials Botanical Oils.....I've used this product a long time ago and recently started using it again. It makes my hair very shiny and a little definitely goes a long way.

MonaLisa

Dont sleep on the Rinse I have the gallon size and the 56 oz size of conditioner.

Hmmmm....you ain't playin, huh? :lol: I finally found the 56 oz of the conditioner yesterday and bought it... I was getting tired of buying the small jars:sad:.

When I get paid, I'm going back for the other two 56 oz jars I left on the shelf...:look:

senimoni

Huge Hit (at least for the detangling factor) :pantene Relaxed and Natural Hair Mask.....I finally understand the phrase "like butter". We'll see how the hair looks and feels tomorrow but its a keeper regardless.

MonaLisa

Huge Hit (at least for the detangling factor) :pantene Relaxed and Natural Hair Mask.....I finally understand the phrase "like butter". We'll see how the hair looks and feels tomorrow but its a keeper regardless.

Isn't it great though?!! I give props to gymfreak and Priestess for putting me on to it. It's now a staple.

I tried to hide some jars recently using the Labett technique, but when I went back for them....dey wuz gone...:sad:

senimoni

LABETT

Isn't it great though?!! I give props to gymfreak and Priestess for putting me on to it. It's now a staple.

I tried to hide some jars recently using the Labett technique, but when I went back for them....dey wuz gone...:sad:
OK,Creeping out of thread.

Tee

:hide: Hello Ladies!!

Wow, July is a goner? :cry4:

I guess that means it's time again for the hits and misses of a new month! (Well, ALMOST TIME!) :grin:

I'll be sitting by closely watching to see who gets in here first to report.:pop:

I'll be reviewing butters and oils this month, I'm not adding any thing else!

Vixx

Vixx I was thinking about you today. I sure was thinking, "Vixx better start early this month." lol.

Tee

MonaLisa and Labett...I have this and have never used it. I am going to try it out.

Hit: Pantene Pro-V Nourishing. (Moisture Replenishing Mask) My hair felt like butter!

length4me said:
Hits: Red Palm Butter:thumbsup: and Avocado Butter, Sunsilk TLC Multisymptom Hydration Masque
I have this and need to try it out. Thx

A_Christian said:
Hit: Design Essentials Botanical Oils.....I've used this product a long time ago and recently started using it again. It makes my hair very shiny and a little definitely goes a long way.
I love DE products. This oil is on my wish list. Thanks for the review.

Last edited:

LABETT

Tee,
I am curious about the Pantene Nourishing Mask how long did you leave it on and did you use heat.

Tee

Tee,
I am curious about the Pantene Nourishing Mask how long did you leave it on and did you use heat.

I didn't use any heat. I left it on about 5-7 mins and rinsed. My hair felt like a dream! I was truly impressed with this one. I will keep it in rotation! :trophy:

Seeking8Rights

Hits:
Dabur Amla oil direct from India (it took me a month to get it but, it's worth the wait). :kisslips:
Adding raw mango butter to my pre-poo mix.
Adding lots of fruit and honey to the 911 Hair Rescue Drink! :lick:
Cattlemans Original BBQ Sauce! :rocker:

Misses:
Going 8 days without washing (this was by accident, but I will never do that again!) :nono: I didn't like the way my scalp felt.

HoneyDew

I am mad at yall for posting products in the August thread! :lachen:

Well I will go ahead and post too.

HIT:
1.Giving my hair a break with some cute braids.
2.Deep conditioning with Lustrasilk Cholesterol Shea Butter after a protein treatment. Who knew this cheap stuff was actually pretty good.
3.Redken Deep Fuel as a protein treatment (not enough product for the price, though)
4. Lenzi's Request liquid - I have not used it long enough to see any extra growth, but I just like it for scalp massages.

MISS:
Trying to use MilkyWay Ripple Deep Bulk Human hair for my braids. It was a mess. the hair was sewn together and I cold not get it loose without getting hair all over the place. Each pack was $50, too! :nono: I ended up getting some good old fashioned Kanekalon and calling it a day.

remnant

Hit: Botanicals anti-breakage braid release

Helped me remove my braids and detangle my hair before prepoo and poo!

HoneyDew

Nice! I have 2 bottles of this that I found at a Dollar Store a few months ago. I look forward to tryingit.

Normally I clip the ends of my braids and soak them in CON (green bottle) and just let the braids slip off under the shower. But this may be helpful for the stubborn ones.

natstar

On the fence:Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner. Not as thick as the others. Still left my hair smooth but I just prefer other conditioners better. The smell isn't the worst but yet is not my fav. I won't repurchase.

remnant

Nice! I have 2 bottles of this that I found at a Dollar Store a few months ago. I look forward to tryingit.

Normally I clip the ends of my braids and soak them in CON (green bottle) and just let the braids slip off under the shower. But this may be helpful for the stubborn ones.

tell me if it 'll work for you Honeydew!

KathyMay

OMG I have this from the product exchange, good for me that I can use this to take my braids
I have not been hair shopping since April and until I take my twists down the
jury is still out but...

Vitale Lye Relaxer- I love this relaxer I wanted to switch to ORS
Vitale Positive Conditioner- to go with my relaxer
Vitale Body Bounce Moisturizing Crème- this reminds me of Mizani H20 cream
Denman Paddle Brush- on clearance at Sally's
Fantasia IC PM nighttime oil treatment-my old hairdresser used this on my hair 4 years ago when I had a stress area in my hair. I remembered that this is a nice oil to use so why not try it again