August 2012 What Did YOU Buy this Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

Smiley79

I've been bitten by the PJ bug! I dont know what my problem is lately. If I see it, I buy it. Let's just say I have like 4 or 5 new deep conditioners that I've bought in the last few weeks alone, lol. (Macadamia Masque by Organix (worked ok), Morrocan Oil Deep Repair Mask (havent tried yet), Silk Elements (loved), Silicon Mix , and CON Argan Oil conditoner (loved).)
Anyways, to answer the question, on Friday I bought a jar of the Silicone Mix and I tried it this morning. (I am texlaxed 4b). I really, really like this product so far. Amazing slip and my hair felt really good afterwards and smelled so fresh so clean all day. I have put off buying Silicon Mix for years just out of sheer laziness but I wish I had gotten it sooner. I will be adding this to faves list and will monitor to see if it does my hair good.

Im now looking for a creamy light leave in conditoner. I've been reading a lot of reviews on NTM Smooth as Silk Leave In, So I may give that a try. :)

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
A tube of Giovanni Nutrafix, a tube of Giovanni 2Chic Condish, a bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave-In, and peppermint, rosemary, clary sage and sage essential oils for the "Njoy Concoction" challenge...before the month is over, I'll have some Red Thyme, Lavender and Cedar Wood essential oils, sublimed sulpher and JBCO, too!

I'm finna get my edges and crown RIGHT!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I just want to preface this by saying Sally's is getting too durn expensive:ohwell:

Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer(I got the last bottle, they can't keep this stuff in stock)
30 pack of plastic caps
Ion hard water shampoo(I though I picked up the clarifying shampoo, should this work for clarifying too?) used it last night, it works perfectly. Actually had no idea my water was kinda hard until I used this. My hair is so soft and shiny with no leave ins. New staple:yep:
Just for me hairmilk shampoo (my mom uses any old shampoo)
Permrods(mom)

From ensley beauty online
Liter of keracare classic formula hydrating detangling shampoo
5lb tub of keracare humecto
30oz tub of new hg formula mizani bb relaxer

Because it's so good! Soft, strong hair?! Yes, please!

leiah

Castor Oil
Tresemme Naturals
Motions CPR. Should have opened the jar in the store because someone took out a big scoop :-(

ESmackum

Finally broke down and bought some MTG, some Mega Tek, some MN and some peppermint oil. Since it's finally getting cool enough to wig it up, I want to braid up my hair and try a mix for my scalp.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Even MORE Giovanni Nutrafix and 2Chic conditioners!...Whole Paycheck has them on sale for $4.99 and $5.99, respectively. Now you know I had to do what I had to do...

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
...and tomorrow, I'm finna re-up on my Blue Magic Coconut Oil Grease and Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin "Restructurizer" (still not convinced this is a real word!)...

MsLauren

Giovanni Direct Leave in
Giovanni Deeper Moisture Conditioner liter size (found it in Marshall's for 12 DOLLARS!!) :woot: :woot:

Ann0804

Suave detangling spray. I've seen lots of positive reviews on it so I wanted to try it out since it's only two dollars.

LdyKamz

Castor Oil
Tresemme Naturals
Motions CPR. Should have opened the jar in the store because someone took out a big scoop :-(

What?! That is plain ridiculous!

I bought a liter of HE Hello Hydration. First time trying it out and it was on sale so I said why not. And of course my regular Suave Ocean Breeze 2 bottles. Didn't need them but oh well.

lamaria211

leiah said:
Castor Oil
Tresemme Naturals

Same thing happened to me a few months ago when I bought organix macadamia oil treatment from Walgreens I'm still pissed:(

Coffee

From Sephora:

Serge Mormante Meta Silk Shamoo
Serge Mormante Meta Velour Conditioner
Ouidid Biotin Lightweight Reparative Hair Serum
Ouidid Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair & Scalp Treatment
Ouidad Omega-3 Replenishing Hair Treatment

From Ouidid website:

Mongongo Oil Multi Use Hair Treatment
Moisture Lock Leave in Conditioner

From Ebay:

Cortex Hair Conditioner

Last edited:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I bought: Marley braid hair in 1b - to make buns and updos with.
More flexirods - to try some twist and curl styles, and flexirod sets

shortt29

bajandoc86 said:
I bought: Marley braid hair in 1b - to make buns and updos with.
More flexirods - to try some twist and curl styles, and flexirod sets

I may have to buy some Marley hair too...my phony ponies look ummm...a lil phony for my taste and too silky to stay bunned