August 2012 What Did YOU Buy this Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

karenjoe

@karenjoe

Yes! I can't be bothered making my own most of the time. The Shi Naturals are my favorites for rinsing. :yep: I love Claudie's and It's Perfectly Natural tea spritzes to use as part of my leave in and/or to use under my DCs.
There are quite a few vendors that sell tea blends for rinsing.

I'll try Shi Natural. thank you,,, can I find it at a BSS? or on line?

You can leave tea in!?

It make my hair hard ( like apoghee step 1)....

Brownie518

maxineshaw

The whole Jane Carter Collection and Nothing but Mask and Curl sealer. How hilarious ,the label on the Curl sealer states "no mineral oil" i read the ingredients and the third is Isoparaffin ,are you freaking kiddin me ?

They must think you are illiterate. In the age of Google, you think they would know better.

A JFM texture softener ( Haven't used, thinking hard on it)
Jane Carters Revitalizing leave in conditioner
Shea Moisture Organic Moisture Retention Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
Vatika Oil
Alma Oil
Shikaikai powder
Thinking on a half wig maybe tommorow, I'll add that to my haul

Way too much money, and way too many things, but I'm still in the experimenting phase of my HHJ. I think I may get this leave in that the stylist that trimmed my hair gave me. It's Design Essentials Natural daily leave in moisturizing lotion. I love it!

chelleypie810

Nutress protein moisturizing pack (3)
Aphogee pro vitamin leave in
Aphogee keratin and green tea reconstructer -used it four years ago but i didn't know anything about protein moisture balance and got protein overload bc every product that went on my head was a protein

NewlyNature12

Aphogee 2 step
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel
Shea Moisture Hair Milk
Shea Moisture Smoothie
Tressume Naturals conditioner
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Macadamia Oil treatment from Sallys

No more shopping for me.

NewlyNature12

chelleypie810 said:
NewlyNature12 they had the macadamia oil in the actual store at your Sally's????

I'm pretty sure that's what I bought? It's in my car and I'm work so I will have to go get it. It's in a little brown packet. Maybe I have the name completely wrong. The sales lady recommended it so I got it.

Monaleezza

Today, I bought a shower comb. Never had one before, will see if it helps.

Earlier in the month I bought Aussie Miracle Moist for my co-washes and the leave in for when I roller set.
Oooh the smell good.

I also bought Aphogee 2step as advised by everyone here. What a unique product! Used it just last night so I'm still working out what I think.

Oh and a silk pillowcase.
I need some hairbands but they'll slip over into next no doubt. I really should spend less & start to actually use what I have.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Because I love IDareT'sHair's challenges, I had to get some stuff. :lol:

Purchased:
  • Vatika Oil (Oldie, but Goodie)
  • Neem Powder
  • Shikaki Powder
  • Amla Powder
  • Brahmi Powder

I will have to order Bhringraj/ Maka online since I couldn't find a box of it. I'm so excited to infuse my oils and make tea. :wink2:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NappyNelle

Nice Haul Ms. Nelle!:grin:

We have several Mixtresses on here that really get down. @choctaw @Ltown @Nix08 @Lita @Shay72 and several others are our Resident Mixtresses in The Coffee/Tea Rinse Thread.

I'm sure they'll have alot of helpful hints & ideas.:yep:

The 2013 Challenge will be a:

Coffee
Tea
ACV
AVJ
Ayurvedic

Rinse Challenge