Ballerina Bun (Remix)

Nonie

@Nonie... what style were you going for up there? doesnt quite look like the op?

@Tamster :lachen: It wasn't supposed to look like OP's :rofl: @what style was I going for? :lol: The one I wanted. I cornrowed the back just like the OP, I left some hair down and also left out bangs. I tucked the end of the braid instead of forming a bun like OP. That very style you see posted there is the very style I was going for. That pic was from 2006 not last night. :lol: I made up the style. I usually do. :lol: Seldom do I copy other dos...coz I love to make things.

My point of posting was in response to the sentiment that "my hair is too short for this". I was showing that if SL hair can be cornrowed that way then it's so possible for short hair. Any hair can form a bun if you just work on a small area and aren't trying to bring all the hair say back for a ballerina bun at the back of the head. So even NL hair can be styled like this. (@wavezncurlz knows what I mean coz she said that she did something similar for her daughters hair when the back was too short to make it to the top)

For the bun part when working with NL hair, you'd make a puff and then use fake hair and a donut to create a bun. Or you could do do a puff and then create a donut puffy cornrow which would look like a bun, or a twisted circular roll. So many options.

ETA: I'm still LMAO at Tamster confusion. :dead: I thought my quoting the post I was responding to and my post would make it clear why I posted. :lol:

OK, maybe she didn't read and was just looking at pics. :scratchch

Still :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I can see her now:
":confused: *Looks at OP's pic, looks at Nonie's pic... squints...tilts head...head scratch* :huh:"
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Thanks Zuleika

I'll try this, but my French braids look kinda suspect - which is why I always do them Dutch style. If it looks decent, I'll wear it to church tomorrow!