Battle of the Cheapies: Suave, Vo5, or White Rain?

Which Brands Rules all for you: White Rain, Vo5, or Suave?

• Suave, is my brand!

Votes: 231 46.8%
  • White Rain takes it!

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • V05, is my heart!

Votes: 239 48.4%

• Total voters

Ms_Twana

Wow, I answer this question before I saw that it had a little to do with moisturizing. So, I answered Suave because their scents are SOOO much better. I have NO IDEA which moisturizes the best. :lol:

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
SNyeema said:
**looks around****

I can never find the date on when folks replied on posts so I'm putting a date. Today is 5/21 and CVS has VO5 conditioner and shampoo on sale for $0.77

**creeps out thread**

Guess you know which one I voted for. (leaving now to sniff my Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying Conditioner)
I love the lingering scent!

I was faithful to Suave, but now I'm hooked on VO5. My favorite so far is the Moisturizing Milk Strawberries and Cream shampoo and conditioner.

I caught the Rite Aid $.79 sale this week, but I didn't get everything I wanted. The shelves were almost bare. (I went to four Rite Aid stores.) :look:

Next stop: CVS :grin:

ETA: White Rain Tropical Coconut is awesome for co-washes after henna!!!

Last edited:

Brownie518

I voted for V05 because I love my Nourishing Tea Tree with Chamomile conditioner and the Nourishing Oasis Honey Almond. Just went to Big Lots and got two more of the Oasis. I just recently purchased the Strawberries n Cream and I like that, too. I sometimes use the Suave Clarifying con but I did not care for the Milk n Honey (this is like an LHCF mascot). I really like HE Hello Hydration and Garnier Length & Strength and the Curl & Shine for cowashes. Love these three!
I think I am going to try the White Rain Coconut con. It smells divine!

LadyPaniolo

Suave, baby! I love the imitations of expensive conditioners. Price is right! Plus the Coconut... that's all I used in Hawaii!

I tried that V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream since so many of you loved it. I couldn't wait to wash it out and get all that slip. UGGG! :mad: My hair was so tangled, dry, and all around hard to manage. :mad: I heard hairs snapping and breaking constantly. :( Plus it stinks to me. Smells like fermented trash.:ban:

Tee

Adding V05 Honeydew Moisture Milk Conditioner is great. I love it just as much as I love the Strawberry and Cream Moisture Milk. They both smell really good also.

Blackoutzangel05

V05 because of the tea therapy line that they have! I love it and mix some peppermint oil in and it wonderful.....:D

Suave is a close 2nd with the coconut for me!

LABETT

I thought Suave Milk & Honey and Vo5 Strawberries & Cream was great until I used White Rain Tropical Coconut Conditioner which is now my BABY DADDY.

pistachio

lol I love the title of the thread!! I voted Suave, because I've tried mote of their products, and got good results, but the BEST cheapie I ever tried was VO5 Nourishing Oasis Milk and Honey, but I can't find it ANYWHERE!! So I went with Suave, and White Rain, I've never used before.

ETA: YaY!! I made the 100th reply(101st post)!!!

MonaLisa

I thought Suave Milk & Honey and Vo5 Strawberries & Cream was great until I used White Rain Tropical Coconut Conditioner which is now my BABY DADDY.

*I had to fight a quick instinct to cut on that statement. I don't know why...:lol: *will always be my baby boo first!*

*throws up WRTC gang sign*

:drunk:

schipperchow1

VO5 PassionFruit Smoothie & the Champagne condish. Smells great & no tangles. Used to wash out a protein treatment.

I picked up the Aussie Moist condish recently. Can't wait to try it out!

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Dearest Mocha....WRTC is surprisingly....cone free....

and I'm a big old cone whore (dimethicone, cyclomethicone, ice cream cone, most type of cones):look:.....so this really is my miracle product...

:love:

:lol: You crazy Mona!! I'm gonna def. be on the look out for this tho. It may be a new addition for my prepoos.

Brownie518

When I fist posted on here, a while ago, I voted V05 but since then I have been introduced to WHITE RAIN TROPICAL COCONUT!!! That is my one and only cheapie. All else be damned!!!

LABETT

When I fist posted on here, a while ago, I voted V05 but since then I have been introduced to WHITE RAIN TROPICAL COCONUT!!! That is my one and only cheapie. All else be damned!!!
I can agree with ya and I am stockpiling this conditioner.

texasgrl

I used to like Suave milk n honey:ohwell:. No other cheapy worked for me made my hair dry and tangly:wallbash:. Since I chanced upon White Rain tropical Coconut it has been on!!!!!:grin:

kbfluff

I absolutely luv Suave Sea Algae Conditioner.

This stuff smells great! It reminds me of the island get aways that me and my husband takes once a year. More importantly it's almost like using a relaxer..teehee.
It's smooths out my hair great. The slippage is on point!
Only down fault, which I am proud to say is, I have to use more of it now that my hair has grown.
Glad that it's cheap.
I would be so heart broken if they discontinued the Sea Algae.
Note: Sea algae is last on the list of ingredients, but this stuff simply works for me anyways.

loved

I have not tried the others but I like White Rain Tropical Coconut. I am trying to build a regimen based on cheap easily accessible products by 2/1/08.

I have not tried the ORS conditioner jar yet, though or the Suave Humectress equivalent.

KhandiB

I have not tried the others but I like White Rain Tropical Coconut. I am trying to build a regimen based on cheap easily accessible products by 2/1/08.

I have not tried the ORS conditioner jar yet, though or the Suave Humectress equivalent.

This is my philosophy. I flat out refuse to use anything I cant just run to the store and get, even though I am feening to try some silicon mix :lol:

I Love v05 and Suave
Im going to try the sea algee by suave and the white rain coconut I also use the extreme line from suave, the leave in has cerimedes in it.