BC pills combat Biotin breakouts?

yodie

My skin has been breaking out a lot lately. I still suffer from adult acne at times. Lately breakouts appear on my face, neck & back.

I used to take birth control pills for breakouts. They worked lovely. I'm thinking of doing this again.

I'm also wondering if BC pills will eliminate or reduce biotin breakouts.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Currently using Boundless Tresses & would like to add Biotin for even better results.

Thanks for sharing.

lisana

I take biotin and BC and have never had a problem with breakouts. I used to have breakouts as a teen but the BC pretty much took care of that. I also take B-complex which is supposed to help digest the biotin so that may help as well

xquizit01

Sorry, I can't answer your question about BC pills, but I just recently read on epinions.com that vitamin B-5 (aka pantohenic acid) works really well on acne. I purchased the GNC brand for 9.99 100/500 mgs on 7/17. I'm currently taking 5000 mgs a day, because I read online that 5000 mgs was ok to take. I also switched from Andrew Lessman vitamins to Target prenatals as a regular multi-vitamin because I was receiving breakouts from what I assumed was biotin (and yes I was drinking tons of water and was peeing all day so I know my breakouts weren't because I didn't drink enough water). One of the reviewers said that b-5 improved their hair growth, so I'm hoping to get clear skin and longer hair out of this wonderful little pill. Maybe b-5 can be an alternative for those of us on this board who can't handle biotin. I really like the feeling that I get when I take these vitamins. I am no longer groggy in the morning and I feel really refreshed during the day. I also get goose bumps, but I'm not cold.... and the little hairs on my arms stand-up... almost like little mini rushes throughout the day. If you do decid e to try, let me know how b-5 works for you.

Here is the link from epinions.com.
http://www99.epinions.com/well-Nutrition-Vitamins-All-Vitamin_B5_Pantothenic_Acid/pp_~1/sort_~date/sort_dir_~des/sec_~opinion_list#list