Best Detangling Brushes? What Brush Do You Use To Detangle?

AgeinATL

Who normally has them on sale? I checked Amazon and they had the rake for $50?! :lachen:

$50!? Girl, NEVER.

They rarely have sales. I think they do one for Black Friday but I think I remember them having one another time during the year. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I like this brush that I got at Sallys.

I just bought this :look: I typically just use my fingers but given how my hair is set up, I'm willing to try another tool. I saw the reviews were good for thick natural hair so hopefully I like it.

Tefnut

Yeah, 50 bucks...

OK, where do you get the combs and sign up?

Here: http://www.hercules-saegemann.de/en/

Or, here: http://www.hotcombs.net/hercules-sagemann/

Yes ma'am! Get you one!

I plan on getting that styling comb next. Waiting on a sale.
$50!? Girl, NEVER.

They rarely have sales. I think they do one for Black Friday but I think I remember them having one another time during the year. Be sure to sign up for their newsletter.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I fully tested the capabilities of the new Thick & Curly Tangle Teezer. Wet hair, oil, cream, and warm running water over the section I was working on slowly and carefully - it did the job. I used a Hercules Sagemann fine-tooth rat-tail comb over the section I had used on the Tangle Teezer, got the comb through with a little effort. Usually, it takes multiple tools to detangle before I would reach for the rat-tail. I am surprised you did not mention it, @AgeinATL

AgeinATL

I fully tested the capabilities of the new Thick & Curly Tangle Teezer. Wet hair, oil, cream, and warm running water over the section I was working on slowly and carefully - it did the job. I used a Hercules Sagemann fine-tooth rat-tail comb over the section I had used on the Tangle Teezer, got the comb through with a little effort. Usually, it takes multiple tools to detangle before I would reach for the rat-tail. I am surprised you did not mention it, @AgeinATL

This brush will always and forever be my favorite. Nothing really compares :2inlove:

Loveygram

Who normally has them on sale? I checked Amazon and they had the rake for $50?! :lachen:

Just wanted to add, I've used the Hairsense collection for years, but since using The Hercules collection (Hotcombs.com), it seems to be the best.
I wouldn't get the comb that has every other tooth removed, but the wide, medium and fine rat tail (for partings) are my go to combs for the last year.

Also I have an old Denman from many rears ago that looks a lot like Felicia's brush that works very well but I prefer fingers and combs for detangling.

AgeinATL

Just wanted to add, I've used the Hairsense collection for years, but since using The Hercules collection (Hotcombs.com), it seems to be the best.
I wouldn't get the comb that has every other tooth removed, but the wide, medium and fine rat tail (for partings) are my go to combs for the last year.

Also I have an old Denman from many rears ago that looks a lot like Felicia's brush that works very well but I prefer fingers and combs for detangling.

Thanks for this. I was wondering how the Hairsense combs compared to the HS.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
This brush will always and forever be my favorite. Nothing really compares :2inlove:

The original tangle teezer did a number on my hair (mid shaft splits) so I refuse to try anything tangle teezer related.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I change my answer!

An LHCF member reviewed the KareCo Tangle Buster brush (available online and from WalMart), so I purchased it for trialing.

You guys!

Y'all!

Y'all!!!

It's like The Wet Brush and the Felicia Leatherwood brush had a love child.

My detangling sessions used to take AT LEAST an hour.

Now, with the KareCo Tangle Buster brush, even if my hair is severely tangled, I'm done from START to FINISH in 35 minutes MAX. I lose VERY, VERY little hair with it. It's easy to clean. It stands up on surfaces. It costs $10-$13.

I have purchased the brush for parents who struggle to detangle their children's hair. I have a backup and will gradually purchase several more so as to NEVER be without this brush.

WP_20170722_091.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My hair is not so high density 4b, so I do fine with my unmodified Denman. I have tried the wetbrush, but it had too much give or something.

I have also had the Magic Rake and Mini Rake by Hercules Sageman for about 5 years. Both are going strong and detangle well. I feel like I get a more thorough detangling with the Denman though. It's my tool of choice at the moment.

MizzBFly

High density 4b/c
Bought the Denmark’s 9 row and removed every other row, doesn’t work:nono: I guess I have to use globs os conditioner under running water.
I also own 2 Hercules Sageman combs and love both but I want to practice more thorough detangling

Hope to get tried and true suggestions

Last edited: