What Paddle Brush Do You Use?

AHeadOfCoils

I gave up on wide tooth shower combs a few months ago. It takes me twice as long to detangle and I lose a lot of hair with them. Straight snatched me bald and caused breakage :nono: , but my denman leaves me with my length minus the shed hairs.

For those naturals that use paddle brushes to detangle... What is your favorite brush?

:grin:

Nonie

AHeadOfCoils, I personally think brushes are the debil and the cause of mid-strand splits and do not recommend them. I don't use wide-tooth combs either because I don't think they would comb my hair well and would not remove shed hair as thoroughly as I'd like. A seamless fine-toothed comb would work better and be better for your hair IMO.

Last edited:

AHeadOfCoils

I have the Denman D4 and I like it. My only problem is that, when I detangle my hair, I'm brushing in a downward motion while the shower water is guiding the brush in my hand. The brush slips out and it constantly hits the floor or the rubber padding slips out. I just wanted something a little bit more sturdy.

Actually, maybe my denman is just worn. I probably should get a new one. I really don't remember this happening when I first got it. After a lot of blowdrying, detangling, and dropping on the floor, it might just be tore up. :lol:

I'm going to get that paddle brush posted above for styling though. It looks like it will be great for smoothing my hair before twisting.

Ajna

I have the Denman D4 and I like it. My only problem is that, when I detangle my hair, I'm brushing in a downward motion while the shower water is guiding the brush in my hand. The brush slips out and it constantly hits the floor or the rubber padding slips out. I just wanted something a little bit more sturdy.

Actually, maybe my denman is just worn. I probably should get a new one. I really don't remember this happening when I first got it. After a lot of blowdrying, detangling, and dropping on the floor, it might just be tore up. :lol:

I'm going to get that paddle brush posted above for styling though. It looks like it will be great for smoothing my hair before twisting.

They have a heavy one now too. I was eying that when I went searching for the link LOL

I know what you mean about it slipping out of your hands I always thought it was all the conditioner so I am constantly drying my hands when I use it...now that you mention it I have had it for about three years this maybe just the excuse I need for a new one :grin:

Cheleigh

I use the Denman Paddle Brush, and have for years (D83, I think). If I didn't have the Denman, I'd probably use the Aveda paddle brush. I finger detangle first, and follow with the paddle brush.