Biotin Supplements

C

Cami

Can anyone PLEASE tell me where I can order a good source of Biotin? I've searched the Puritan pride website and called their 800 number and they told me the strongest they have is 1000 mcg. I'm looking for 5000 mcgs, please help!

alireno

Some people on this site take 5 of the Puritan's Pride daily. I am taking Country Life Biotin. It comes in a 5000 mcg (5 mg) capsule. I take one of those capsules daily as part of my vitamin regimen. I have had great results with it; however, some members prefer Puritan's Pride. When it comes to vitamins as with many other things, results vary from person to person. I buy my Country Life Biotin fron vitacost.com. They have excellent prices.

C

Cami

Thank you soooo much for clearing that up! I thought that Puritan Pride had a capsule for 5000 mcgs, but since you told me that they take 5x a day, that's what I'm gonna do. Thanks again!

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cami said:
Hey, I just went to Puritan's site and they only had 1000mcg of Biotin. Where did you order yours?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Cami, they have 1000mcg caps, but I take five of them. They a really small and I can't take all five at once. Your hair really cannot afford not to take these

[/ QUOTE ]

Cami I answered this question for you a few days ago on the vitamin thread. I guess you must have missed it

adrienne0914

i take the Vitamin Shoppe brand. i started when Country Life slapped a new "super" label on the same product and upped their price.

adrienne

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
i take the Vitamin Shoppe brand. i started when Country Life slapped a new "super" label on the same product and upped their price.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also take the Vitamin Shoppe brand.

Tonya

I was taking the vitamin shoppe brand AND I just switched to the puritan Pride brand.

Leigh

Tonya do you notice a difference between the vitamin shoppe brand and puritan pride's biotin?

Leigh

Titansgirl

I'm not Tonya, Leigh, but I noticed a difference between the two brands. I took VitaminShoppe's bioting for about 3 weeks and didn't notice any special action going on w/ my scalp. Within 2 weeks of taking the Puritan Pride brand, I definitely notice action w/ my nails and scalp. About a week and a half I decided to switch back to my vitaminshoppe brand so I can use them up, and the action stopped after 3 days of taking the vitaminshoppe brand. I just switched back to the PP about 4 days ago, and I'm noticing some action again!!! These PP are the bomb!!!!!

Tonya

Hey Leigh

I just started with the PP brand last week and I already feel slight itches. I don't know if it is a mind thing or if i really have action starting up there. I liked the Vitamin Shoppe brand as well btu I woudl not write a song about it. What I did notice with the Vitamin Shoppe brand after taking it for a while (maybe a few weeks) is longer stronger nails. I did get growth but I can not say it was all from the biotin because I take Ultranorishhair and MSM as well plus my hair grows naturally fast. I just touched up my hair and I also just started the PP vitamins I am gonna monitor my growth this time to see if the vitamins make a big difference and I will report back in 4 weeks.

keke

Ok now i have some multiple vitamins from GNC its a bottle w/pills that have 19 diff. vitamins in them. The biotin in it is 600 and i also have bought a bottel of just plain ol Biotin by itself which is also 600. I take the multiple vitamins 2 times a day and the biotin one time a day as it says on the box. So in total i am taking 1800, right? Well, I am readin about havgin 5k of the Biotin. Now should i skip this biotin i have now and get me the 5k biotin from GNC or should i take more biotin? I'm thinkin maybe the safest thing i could do is to just buy another Biotin. I could maybe give this other biotin to my mom or a friend. Now if i were to go this weekend and buy some more Biotin(or maybe if i can switch it w/the stronger biotin) how long should i wait to go and use the new stronger biotin? A week, few days? I'm thinkin a week at least would be good i've only been takin this bioton now for 4 days. Should i stop 2day so that my body can be ready for the new Biotin? But the other thing is, since i already have biotin in the multiple vitamins which is 600 and yall are sayin to have 5000 of it then i only need 4400 more. Hmm, ok some1 help me out here.

I guess I am way behind, I take 2 tabs a day, (Natural Factors) its only 300 Mcg, what a waste and I paid so much money for them. I live in Canada you have to pay an arm and a foot for anything here. I'll order online next time.

Guyaneek

I'm using some that I got from Target but only 1000mg a day. The bottle came with 100 pills and they are tiny, like a regular Tylenol. ANyway, the best part about it is that they were under $2.00! Now that I think about it, they could be about to expire? :ohwell: :confused: So I bought 2 packs.

keluric

I'm taking 5000mcg's of Biotin. The brand is Rexall and I take two a day. I hope this isn't too much because my body would just flush out the excess and I don't want to waste it...

I bought this at Wal-Mart.. in case you want to save on shipping. There are 120 caps in the bottle.

I've had no problems whatsoever with taking Biotin in the 6 or so months I've been taking it. I drink A LOT of water and make sure my body gets the other B-vitamins as well.

GIRLIE

Hi Cami, Puritan's Pride do sell 5000mcg capsules, I don't know why they would tell you that they don't!!! I've bought them before and i've just checked their latest catalogue and they still stock the 5000mcg. It's listed as Maximum Strength Super Biotin 5000mcg capsules. Hope this helps.