Bishop Eddie Long Sued for Sexual Coercion

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Laela, I think your heart is very sincere on this issue and thank you for what you said. I can see how some of the opinions come off as condemnation on NB & Bishop Long.

But I think many people here have been moved by the testimony of the boys and respond out of defense for these 4 boys who are facing 25,000 cheering church members along with Long who continues to use is sermons as a platform for his case. I don’t believe everyone’s opinions are only conjecture, I have discerned somethings that I found "off-putting" about the case and also things he has said in both sermons.

Sometimes you can hear much more than was said, if you know what I mean. I know this issue is dividing many Christians but I pray it does not divide the CF. May we judge each other’s opinions only and not each other. I hope we all can continue to be honest about what we think, and correct each other in love if need be.

May I share what's in my heart?

A 'True' Father Spiritual or otherwise would embrace his sons ....

and just plainly say: "Please Forgive Me", I'm sorry, even if I don't agree with the actions you've taken, I am still your father and I love you still as my 'sons' and I want to be a part of your healing. And I will still be here for you. No matter how this turns out, I will still be here for you in prayer and in heart. I am still your father.

As Leader of the Church: Before we have service, let's pray for these young men. "No matter what you have heard or what you may hear, these young men are still a part of our Church family and we have to cover them in love and in prayer, for 'love' covers a multitude..."

How is it that these young men have stated publicly, even with their hurt, that they still have love for Bishop Long and remember him as 'their father'. . .

I don't understand ... :nono: And this makes me cry. Really cry... that a 'big' man can behave so very 'small'.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone reading. I don't mean to. I don't want anyone hurting by what I've shared, but this is a reality which I'm trying to understand.

Blessings to everyone.... :grouphug2:

joy2day

Thank you Shimmie, because this is what I find so dreadfully wrong with each passing day of this whole sordid mess... These poor children (they are someone's babies!) are not getting any love from the pulpit at NB, and I just can't understand how it seems that the congregants that have been showing up to church over the past two Sundays are in agreement with Long's words and actions (from the pulpit). Not to mention the fact that this man refuses to at least remove himself until the case has been decided/settled.

I have two nephews about the age of these young men... what would I do if this were one of them? How would I feel/how should their mothers be feeling right now? Would I want to see my church family jumping and shouting right now? Would I want to hear "Bishop" making statments about the "evil" that is coming against him??? Or, would I want to see a 40 day fast called so that we could seek the Lord for healing and direction? Where is the heart of this father?

In my humble opinion, the more Long says in his sermons, the guiltier he appears. His attorney really should keep him quiet, and should have made him to step back, since apparently he is only following his attorney's instruction on this matter. We already asked the question of what advice he is getting from his "spiritual fathers." I won't even go there.

I, in no way, have intended to hurt anyone's feelings or create an atmosphere of malice. This board has been a blessing to me in getting what I "see" out, like Sidney mentioned, there are things that I am discerning about this matter, (I am not judging based on conjecture), and it troubles me deeply. I am not interested in causing any distress, for this whole situation is distressful enough.

Peace.

and just plainly say: "Please Forgive Me", I'm sorry, even if I don't agree with the actions you've taken, I am still your father and I love you still as my 'sons' and I want to be a part of your healing. And I will still be here for you. No matter how this turns out, I will still be here for you in prayer and in heart. I am still your father.

As Leader of the Church: Before we have service, let's pray for these young men. "No matter what you have heard or what you may hear, these young men are still a part of our Church family and we have to cover them in love and in prayer, for 'love' covers a multitude..."

How is it that these young men have stated publicly, even with their hurt, that they still have love for Bishop Long and remember him as 'their father'. . .

I don't understand ... :nono: And this makes me cry. Really cry... that a 'big' man can behave so very 'small'.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone reading. I don't mean to. I don't want anyone hurting by what I've shared, but this is a reality which I'm trying to understand.

Blessings to everyone.... :grouphug2:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you Shimmie, because this is what I find so dreadfully wrong with each passing day of this whole sordid mess... These poor children (they are someone's babies!) are not getting any love from the pulpit at NB, and I just can't understand how it seems that the congregants that have been showing up to church over the past two Sundays are in agreement with Long's words and actions (from the pulpit). Not to mention the fact that this man refuses to at least remove himself until the case has been decided/settled.

I have two nephews about the age of these young men... what would I do if this were one of them? How would I feel/how should their mothers be feeling right now? Would I want to see my church family jumping and shouting right now? Would I want to hear "Bishop" making statments about the "evil" that is coming against him??? Or, would I want to see a 40 day fast called so that we could seek the Lord for healing and direction? Where is the heart of this father?

In my humble opinion, the more Long says in his sermons, the guiltier he appears. His attorney really should keep him quiet, and should have made him to step back, since apparently he is only following his attorney's instruction on this matter. We already asked the question of what advice he is getting from his "spiritual fathers." I won't even go there.

I, in no way, have intended to hurt anyone's feelings or create an atmosphere of malice. This board has been a blessing to me in getting what I "see" out, like Sidney mentioned, there are things that I am discerning about this matter, (I am not judging based on conjecture), and it troubles me deeply. I am not interested in causing any distress, for this whole situation is distressful enough.

Peace.

Shimmie said:

Blessings to everyone.... :grouphug2:

I know that once I saw the tape with young 'Parrish', I could see my own son in this young man's eyes. And as a mother, I just melted. I never wanted to 'believe' what Bishop Long has been accused of, never :nono: But those of us who know God also realize that the Truth can never escape us, for God is not the author of confusion, and His word says that He would not have us ignorant. We have been given the loving and honourable gift of the Holy Spirit who never fails to lead and guide us into 'all' Truth and He is also, our Comforter in this and 'all' situations of life.

To deny what we 'see' is not helping anyone. It's the Truth that we know and don't know, which sets us free. If we deny whatever Truth Gods reveals to us, then we are choosing not to help this situation nor the Body of Christ to heal from it.

Even if Bishop Long is proven innocent 'in Truth', meaning 'Truthfully' innocent, his current behaviour ' in my opinion' is not that of a man who leads. He MUST step down and embrace the Truth of this situation as only a true leader is called to do.

He must step down and allow Jesus to place another in the pulpit; as this will bring honour to the face of 'his' (God's) Church and not the shame and reproach of pride. This will always be a 'leading' example to those who follow him. Especially for those who still call him 'Father'. He must lead by sitting down and humbling himself before God. Because right now all I see is arrogance, fear, and pride; and I mean no disrespect by this; not at all. :nono:

Praise the Name of Jesus... in all that we say and do, giving honour unto God for His Word is True.

Always True. :Rose:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Lord knows I love you guys ....but it doesn't matter what is said, this man is being burned at the stake by some of us. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty or does the U.S. justice system not apply to this case because he is a minister? Let's just go drag him out of that church and beat some sense into his head. Shut that church down, so the rest of us can be at peace.

Those NB folks shouldn't be counting it all joy in the midst of trial/temptation. How dare they! How do we know those boys aren't somewhere celebrating their lawsuit???

What evidence???? Conjecture isn't evidence. Opinion is conjecture...

Where is the infallible proof?

Here's the thing that most of you already may know: MOST of the time the Holy Spirit speaks to us about any situation regardless of who is in it or who we think is wrong, He will speaks to us about us, not the persons involved.

Here's an interesting video:

Bishop Eddie Long Update: 20-Year-Old “Spiritual Son” Speaks Out | GossipOnThis.com

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

The sad thing about it Laela, is that too many of us have family members that have suffered similarily, and suffer because of the same kind of sins being perpetrated on their families and loved ones. It is about to get REALLY UGLY FOR BELIEVERS, so we need to really look at the situation from the Word of God.

On top of that, WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL, AND NOT FORGETTING TO 'UPHOLD' THE WORD OF GOD. It would be wise for the Bishop to heed the Word and do the right thing. STEP DOWN.

Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

The sheep in that Church, the Saints in that Church, belong to Christ. They were purchase by His blood!
The Holy Spirit does the 'appointing' based on qualifications. It also removes the 'appointment' according to The Word of God! We as the Church just need to UPHOLD THAT WORD.

1. The Word of God says a 'bishop is to have a fine report on the outside', and right now he does not. UNTIL and IF if he is cleared of the charges, he is not QUALIFIED to TEACH or to 'continue leading that group of believers.' The Word of God says: "At that MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES LET EVERY MATTER BE ESTABLISHED." THAT MAY TAKE SOME TIME. He is no longer 'SCRIPTURALLY qualified'!

Deuteronomy 19:15 ONE witness is not enough TO CONVICT a man ACCUSED of any crime or offense he MAY have committed. A MATTER MUST BE ESTABLISHED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.

So the accusation or testimony of TWO OR THREE is ENOUGH to convict a man accused of ANY CRIME, OR OFFENSE, HE """MAY""" HAVE COMMITTED.

1. Timothy 5:19 "Against an elder receive not an accusation, BUT BEFORE TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. 20Them that sin REBUKE BEFORE ALL,, that others also may fear. 21I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality. 22Lay hands suddenly on no man, NEITHER BE PARTAKERS OF OTHER MEN'S SINS: keep thyself pure."

'Innocent until proven guilty' does not provide for an elder to remain in a position of spiritual authority, when he no longer has a good report on the inside or the outside...and when there is reproach attached to his name and to his office.
No one wants to be declared a 'sharer in evil works." The Word does NOT say that HE HAS TO BE PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of Law, first.

The Saints are to take a stand, not wait for the world. They have to take a personal, public and as a body, the stand that comes from the Word of God. The Saints of the Most High are not making it difficult for Bishop Long, neither are we 'tarring and feathering him or the church that he oversees!". It is simply this: He is NOT above the Word of God and its requirements, AND that of the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit (according to the Word....) that appointe men elders and overseers in the body. If he has appointed 'himself' or was 'appointed by man', then he is standing in a place where he ought not to be standing.

Since Bishop Long is the overseer of that Church, he is requred to stand before the saints of the Most High. The saints will judge the world and angels. Are we unworthy to judge this matter? If so, it is truly shameful!

1 Corinthinans: 1"Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers."

I believe that WE LET THE WORD OF GOD draw the line in this matter, and not imperfect man. He should not remain in his office UNTIL HIS NAME IS COMPLETELY CLEARED to the Church and to the World in this matter. It SHOULD NOT have to wait for him to step down VOLUNTARILY, if he 'feels' like it....but he should be REMOVED for now. I am sure Bishop Long knows what the Word has to say on that, and why has he INITIATED removing himself, AS THE ELDER? Why has that not been raised at this point by the 'elders' or board, or congregation? Is this innocence or ego?

If found guilty in a court of law: Any punishment will be dealt with by the Courts of the Land, as well as the Father. In the meantime, I believe, we need to put the Word of God ahead of the ways of the world, and not feel chastised for doing so. He is under reproach and it is bringing reproach. Honor the Word of the Most High, Bishop Long.

But as far as the Saints, the Believers, go, if they come to the conclusion that based on the testimony of two or three witnesses that he is guilty: It is those witnesses that have declared him guilty! The Word is clear!

I Corinthians 5:12 "For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not YE JUDGE THEM that are WITHIN? 13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore PUT AWAY FROM AMONG YOURSELVES that wicked person."

Last edited:

Mahalialee4

Could they not just 'choose' to stay loyal to CHRIST, who purchased them with His blood?
Could they not just 'choose ' to uphold the WORD?
If we put 'a man' above Christ in our loyalty, before the whole world...then that is dangerous waters to be swimming in, indeed, when the sharks are circling and closing in on the people of the Most High.

joy2day

Laela, I am trying to back off of this issue because it is so very "emotionally charged" and I am feeling "some kinda way" right now, but I want to pose a question to the bolded in your response below, "Do the 'natural laws' (the laws we abide by in the US, for example), apply to the things of the Spirit (in all instances)? Does the 'world' supercede the Spirit? Is discernment subject to the Spirit of the Living God, or to man's natural laws?"

My questions here are rhetorical. Food for thought, really.

It makes me even sadder that the world can see what some of us in the Body refuse to see and acknowledge.

Lord knows I love you guys ....but it doesn't matter what is said, this man is being burned at the stake by some of us. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty or does the U.S. justice system not apply to this case because he is a minister? Let's just go drag him out of that church and beat some sense into his head. Shut that church down, so the rest of us can be at peace.

Those NB folks shouldn't be counting it all joy in the midst of trial/temptation. How dare they! How do we know those boys aren't somewhere celebrating their lawsuit???

What evidence???? Conjecture isn't evidence. Opinion is conjecture...

Where is the infallible proof?

Here's the thing that most of you already may know: MOST of the time the Holy Spirit speaks to us about any situation regardless of who is in it or who we think is wrong, He will speaks to us about us, not the persons involved.

Here's an interesting video:

Bishop Eddie Long Update: 20-Year-Old “Spiritual Son” Speaks Out | GossipOnThis.com

Last edited:

Guitarhero

For all the little children, boys and girls, some of whom ended up pregnant, who told their teachers, their parents, somebody, that they were being molested by priests...we didn't believe you and we didn't seek justice for you.

To all the magisterium, who so quietly pushed this issue under a carpet and refused to deal with it appropriately according to the laws of the United States, Ireland, France, Germany etc., shame, shame, shame...and that shame's been brought on all believers.

If only we had followed the scriptural mandate and divine tradition, there wouldn't have been thousands and thousands of victims. WAs it the money? Was it image? Was it pride? There are those who have not done right by the innocent victims and they should step down. I'm talking about my own church. How sad a world when we supposedly uphold the values of the bible and fail to live them out within the church grounds. How could somebody molest a child at such a sacred time, that of confession? In the sacristy behind or to the side of the altar which contains Jesus Himself, body and blood, in the live flesh? What, He's blind? I don't get it.

How horrible that the rest of us (for those guilty) shut up, couldn't believe, didn't want to hear. It's not enough to claim Jesus, we should live Him.

Last edited:

Laela

Are you serious? What makes you think I'm not aware of what's going on and what am I refusing to acknowledge?

Let me ask you this: What has the Holy Spirit said to you concerning Eddie Long?

Stop putting words in my mouth. All I said is we don't know the facts about THIS CASE; A man is accused and whether it is falsely, remains to be seen. (Natural laws apply here) He still has to go through the legal process, thus my bolded statement.

On the spiritual side, whether he steps down is between Him and God. I've already settled that in my spirit. Because I'm not nailing Eddie to the cross like some of you are, doesn't mean I believe he is above reproach, it doesn't mean I'm idolizing him or putting natural laws above God's Laws. Please, stop that.

Here's an article, I'd read that I agree with:

Fourth Man Accuses Bishop Eddie Long
Posted on September 24, 2010 by Chrystal Whitt

I just heard on the news that a fourth man has come forward to accuse Bishop Eddie Long of sexual coercion. It’s important to note that Long maintains his innocence, and until we hear otherwise, we need to tread with care as we follow this story. With that said, I find it necessary to convey something that has been eating at me for a while, and that is the fact that false doctrine isn’t enough to wake people up, but a homosexual scandal is.

If it were a perfectly Biblical world, we wouldn’t have the Benny Hinns, Paula Whites, Todd Bentleys, Eddie Longs, or Mike Bickles to contend with. If it were a perfect world, the church would smell a rat, or in this case, a wolf, and they would turn away immediately; a scandal wouldn’t be necessary to jar people loose from the pews. I find it maddening that if people turn away from a false teacher when he’s caught in a scandal, they aren’t turning away because of the false doctrine, they’re turning away because of bad behavior on the part of the leader. Sickening, isn’t it? You want to know what is even more frustrating than that? Some won’t leave, regardless.

As I said above, Eddie Long declares his innocence, and it must be stated that this man has had nothing proven against him as of this point. Not publicly anyway. But, that doesn’t excuse his congregation, some 25,000 strong, and his followers, which could number into the hundreds of thousands, or even millions globally, who promote, enable, and support him in his false doctrine. Were they Biblically discerning, they wouldn’t have just turned away long ago, they never would have followed him to begin with.

I point this finger at myself as well because I remember the days when I, myself, was in bondage to false doctrine. I haven’t forgotten that I used to believe in and support these people. Perhaps it hurts and stings so deeply because I remember what their lies did to my perception of God and my relationship with Him. Thankfully, there were people like Sandy Simpson and Mike Oppenheimer who, through their writings, took me by the hand and led me safely out of deception. I’ll always be grateful for that.

Please keep Bishop Eddie Long in your prayers, that God would grant him repentance. Please pray for his accusers as well, because whether the allegations are true or false, they will need sorely need it.

Source: Fourth Man Accuses Bishop Eddie Long | Slaughter of the Sheep

Laela, I am trying to back off of this issue because it is so very "emotionally charged" and I am feeling "some kinda way" right now, but I want to pose a question to the bolded in your response below, "Do the 'natural laws' (the laws we abide by in the US, for example), apply to the things of the Spirit (in all instances)? Does the 'world' supercede the Spirit? Is discernment subject to the Spirit of the Living God, or to man's natural laws?"

It makes me even sadder that the world can see what some of us in the Body refuse to see and acknowledge.

joy2day

Ok, now we have gone in a direction that I did not intend. Did you not first put "words in my mouth?" I let that go. I never accused you of anything.

My statement about "the world seeing what the Body of Christ won't see," was not directed toward you, it was a general statement.

I have clearly outlined what I discerned about this situation. What is up with that question?

God Bless you all. I am done.

Are you serious? What makes you think I'm not aware of what's going on and what am I refusing to acknowledge?

Let me ask you this: What has the Holy Spirit said to you concerning Eddie Long?

Stop putting words in my mouth. All I said is we don't know the facts about THIS CASE; A man is accused and whether it is falsely
, remains to be seen. (Natural laws apply here) He still has to go through the legal process, thus my bolded statement.

On the spiritual side, whether he steps down is between Him and God. I've already settled that in my spirit. Because I'm not nailing Eddie to the cross like some of you are, doesn't mean I believe he is above reproach, it doesn't mean I'm idolizing him or putting natural laws above God's Laws. Please, stop that.

Here's an article, I'd read that I agree with:

Fourth Man Accuses Bishop Eddie Long
Posted on September 24, 2010 by Chrystal Whitt

I just heard on the news that a fourth man has come forward to accuse Bishop Eddie Long of sexual coercion. It’s important to note that Long maintains his innocence, and until we hear otherwise, we need to tread with care as we follow this story. With that said, I find it necessary to convey something that has been eating at me for a while, and that is the fact that false doctrine isn’t enough to wake people up, but a homosexual scandal is.

If it were a perfectly Biblical world, we wouldn’t have the Benny Hinns, Paula Whites, Todd Bentleys, Eddie Longs, or Mike Bickles to contend with. If it were a perfect world, the church would smell a rat, or in this case, a wolf, and they would turn away immediately; a scandal wouldn’t be necessary to jar people loose from the pews. I find it maddening that if people turn away from a false teacher when he’s caught in a scandal, they aren’t turning away because of the false doctrine, they’re turning away because of bad behavior on the part of the leader. Sickening, isn’t it? You want to know what is even more frustrating than that? Some won’t leave, regardless.

As I said above, Eddie Long declares his innocence, and it must be stated that this man has had nothing proven against him as of this point. Not publicly anyway. But, that doesn’t excuse his congregation, some 25,000 strong, and his followers, which could number into the hundreds of thousands, or even millions globally, who promote, enable, and support him in his false doctrine. Were they Biblically discerning, they wouldn’t have just turned away long ago, they never would have followed him to begin with.

I point this finger at myself as well because I remember the days when I, myself, was in bondage to false doctrine. I haven’t forgotten that I used to believe in and support these people. Perhaps it hurts and stings so deeply because I remember what their lies did to my perception of God and my relationship with Him. Thankfully, there were people like Sandy Simpson and Mike Oppenheimer who, through their writings, took me by the hand and led me safely out of deception. I’ll always be grateful for that.

Please keep Bishop Eddie Long in your prayers, that God would grant him repentance. Please pray for his accusers as well, because whether the allegations are true or false, they will need sorely need it.

Source: Fourth Man Accuses Bishop Eddie Long | Slaughter of the Sheep

PinkPebbles

On the spiritual side, whether he steps down is between Him and God. I've already settled that in my spirit.

Laela -

The above statement stood out to me. It's not my intention to offend but I'd like to comment.

When seasoned elders, deacons, and ministers can no longer judge the actions of their pastor, nor have the right to question certain day to day activity, nor be able to pull their pastor to the side on behalf of the congregation to speak the truth in love, bring correction when needed, and unable to make a sound decision to have their pastor step down temporarily or permanently to be restored or to get his affairs in order; then I can't help but say this pastor is above reproach, spiritual laws, and guidance.

Whenever someone doesn't have accountability pride, arrogance, and idolatry will soon follow and take root. With that said, we all need someone to check us from time to time regardless of title and position.:yep:

Laela

Well, sorry Joy, the question was in response to a statement I made, so how could it not have been directed at me? I'm not one to "contend with the priests" concerning God's Word," so I won't allow anyone to go in that direction with me.

I'll note that article condemns a whole flock, and that part I don't agree with completely, because that author also doesn't know where those individuals are with God either. I won't deny what's in front of me... but running with the crowd is just as bad. The rest of the article is on point: We all need to tread carefully concerning this case and not allow our emotions to cause us to rush to judgment so early in the process concerning those allegations.

That is ALL I'm saying.

If God spoke to you or anyone about this, I'm listening.

Laela

No offense taken, PinkPebbles... :yep:

Good point. I don't know what went down at that church, whether he was counseled, chastised or talked to. Isn't the bolded statement an oxymoron? Can one be 'seasoned' in the faith and not be discerning? I'm more inclined to believe they are treading carefully, but I could be wrong.

God sits high and He looks low, Long is not above God, yet we're talking with such anxiety, as if we believe he is. Long cannot escape God's judgment; God's Love and Mercy is still available to him if he is indeed guilty. For restoration of any kind to take place, there must first be a confession and redemption, so I see the horse behind the cart.

I believe God is the one qualified to handle this matter, not us (including me). James 3

With this, I'll leave this matter alone.. a wonder lasts but 9 days...

God bless you, PinkPebbles & Joy2day... I'm not angry at all; will just agree we don't disagree on some things.

Laela -

The above statement stood out to me. It's not my intention to offend but I'd like to comment.

When seasoned elders, deacons, and ministers can no longer judge the actions of their pastor, nor have the right to question certain day to day activity, nor be able to pull their pastor to the side on behalf of the congregation to speak the truth in love, bring correction when needed, and unable to make a sound decision to have their pastor step down temporarily or permanently to be restored or to get his affairs in order; then I can't help but say this pastor is above reproach, spiritual laws, and guidance.

Whenever someone doesn't have accountability pride, arrogance, and idolatry will soon follow and take root. With that said, we all need someone to check us from time to time regardless of title and position.:yep:

PinkPebbles

No offense taken, PinkPebbles... :yep:

Good point. I don't know what went down at that church, whether he was counseled, chastised or talked to. Isn't the bolded statement an oxymoron? Can one be 'seasoned' in the faith and not be discerning? I'm more inclined to believe they are treading carefully, but I could be wrong.
God sits high and He looks low, Long is not above God, yet we're talking with such anxiety, as if we believe he is. Long cannot escape God's judgment; God's Love and Mercy is still available to him if he is indeed guilty. For restoration of any kind to take place, there must first be a confession and redemption, so I see the horse behind the cart.

I believe God is the one qualified to handle this matter, not us (including me). James 3

With this, I'll leave this matter alone.. a wonder lasts but 9 days...

God bless you, PinkPebbles & Joy2day... I'm not angry at all; will just agree we don't disagree on some things.

I hear you Laela.:)

@ the bolded I'm going to call a spade a spade.

What I say next is not based on what I heard but what I know and what I've witnessed as a former member at New Birth.

There are some seasoned elders, deacons, and ministers that eye witnessed some immoral & unethical activity within the church concerning Bishop Long. Instead of addressing and correcting the issue they turned a blind eye.

Everyone in this thread knows that Bishop Long is not above God. However, I've encountered some and a special emphasis on the word some members / followers do treat Bishop Long as if he is above reproach, spiritual guidance, and the law.

As I stated previously, whenever someone doesn't have accountability pride, arrogance, and idolatry will follow and take root. And sadly this is what's taking place in the church.

I was very vocal about this Eddie Long situation but still held back a lot. I'm not here to entertain nor cause division; but I will not defend or stand behind something that I know in my heart that's not right.

I have the love of Christ for all of you....God Bless.:Rose:

Guitarhero

A mega church grows because people are coming to Christ; if 10% are living wrong, that doesn't mean the whole church is going to hell on a speedboat. Everything is relative and that 10% could also be in a small congregation of 100! So I really don't get this anti-megachurch talk.

The most important thing is that we all are right with the Most High and our fragrance are a sweet savor to His nostrils...

I personally am not anti-mega church or formal structure/institution at all. I agree with this point. And I didn't realize that some of the public is calling for the destruction of this church. That's not good either. You're right, the faithful remain and need leadership. They need just and righteous leadership. They will definitely carry on.

Mahalialee4

1. The Word of God says a 'bishop is to have a fine report on the outside', and right now he does not. UNTIL and IF if he is cleared of the charges, he is not QUALIFIED to TEACH or to 'continue leading that group of believers.' The Word of God says: "At that MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES LET EVERY MATTER BE ESTABLISHED." THAT MAY TAKE SOME TIME. He is no longer 'SCRIPTURALLY qualified'!

Deuteronomy 19:15 ONE witness is not enough TO CONVICT a man ACCUSED of any crime or offense he MAY have committed. A MATTER MUST BE ESTABLISHED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.

So the accusation or testimony of TWO OR THREE is ENOUGH to convict a man accused of ANY CRIME, OR OFFENSE, HE """MAY""" HAVE COMMITTED.

1. Timothy 5:19 "Against an elder receive not an accusation, BUT BEFORE TWO OR THREE WITNESSES. 20Them that sin REBUKE BEFORE ALL,, that others also may fear. 21I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality. 22Lay hands suddenly on no man, NEITHER BE PARTAKERS OF OTHER MEN'S SINS: keep thyself pure."

'Innocent until proven guilty' does not provide for an elder to remain in a position of spiritual authority, when he no longer has a good report on the inside or the outside...and when there is reproach attached to his name and to his office.
No one wants to be declared a 'sharer in evil works." The Word does NOT say that HE HAS TO BE PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of Law, first.

NOTICE THAT NO ONE responded to THE WORD AND WHAT IT SAYS. Just glossed it over.
People are taking sides, and the Word of God has already settled it. Can't we handle that?

And NO! it is not UP TO BISHOP LONG! It is up to the body of Christ to demand that he step down based on the Word of God. Who is the head of the Body of Christ? Christ or Bishop Long? Where is the FEAR OF THE MOST HIGH GOD, AMONG HIS PEOPLE?

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I get the very eerie feeling that this will all end very, very badly.

Not just with a pronouncement of innocence or guilt, but a taking of one's life due to embarrassment, shame, and remorse.

Lord, have mercy, I pray!

Spring

I get the very eerie feeling that this will all end very, very badly.

Not just with a pronouncement of innocence or guilt, but a taking of one's life due to embarrassment, shame, and remorse.

Lord, have mercy, I pray!

God have mercy on everyone involved ....

for some reason, I was very concerned about the pressure on the young men,... but Long... I can't picture him doing anything like that.... he seemed humble that first Sunday, after that he went right back to his usual self :(