blow dryer users:fess up! i know your out there!

sylviaetc

i know, i know! blow dryers are the healthy locks anti-christ... but i've resigned myself to seasonal usage. in the spring/summer braidouts 24/7, but in the fall/winter i'm whipping out the BD! with that said...

what is your favorite brand? help!
in preparation for my touch-up i recently bought a vidal sasoon blow dryer and when i tried it out it smoked. literally! i thought my hair was on fire, but no it was just the dryer; then it cut off and wouldn't come back on for 20mins...

i need a good blow dryer. i can't go through winter with this piece of $h!t!!! i've read alot about jilbere ceramic flat irons, do they make a blow dryer as well?

thanx in advance

ChocoKitty

Yeah I confess I use a blow dryer more often than I should
I own a conair blow dryer that incorporates ion technology. I also own a pair of Jiberre Ceramic Flat irons but I've never seen a Jiberre dryer with ion technology. Hope this helps...

kenyana

[ QUOTE ]
i know, i know! blow dryers are the healthy locks anti-christ... but i've resigned myself to seasonal usage. in the spring/summer braidouts 24/7, but in the fall/winter i'm whipping out the BD! with that said...

what is your favorite brand? help!
in preparation for my touch-up i recently bought a vidal sasoon blow dryer and when i tried it out it smoked. literally! i thought my hair was on fire, but no it was just the dryer; then it cut off and wouldn't come back on for 20mins...

i need a good blow dryer. i can't go through winter with this piece of $h!t!!! i've read alot about jilbere ceramic flat irons, do they make a blow dryer as well?

thanx in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the proud owner of a braun. I've had it for yrs and its never once smoked my hair... i love it and use it 2 - 3 times a week. I don't air-dry 'cause I lose more hair combing out air-dried hair.

Zuppy

OK... I think I understand what the ceramic does in a curling ior flat iron... but I don't really understand how the technology works in a blow drying and what is and what does ION do?

sylviaetc

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I confess I use a blow dryer more often than I should
I own a conair blow dryer that incorporates ion technology. I also own a pair of Jiberre Ceramic Flat irons but I've never seen a Jiberre dryer with ion technology. Hope this helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen that conair blow dryer, how is it working for you? the one i've seen cost 29.99, is that how much you paid?
tia

thanx for the replys girls... *S*S*S*

Zuppy

The dryer that Karly posted say's you can use the dryer with or without ION... ???Why would you not want to use it... for that matter why are you using it anyway... I'm so confused

HELP!?

Karonica

Once I take my weave out, I'm going to blowdry my hair. I do lose alot more hair airdrying that when I used to blowdry for whatever reason, and plus I have a thousand different textures, so it's going to be a must if I want my hair really straight. I want to measure length.

ChocoKitty

I love it! I purchased it from Costco for 19.99.
I start with the cool shot button on a section at time until slightly damp then switch to heat. I don't use a comb or brush when drying my hair I stretch it out while drying.

karly

According to the info that came with the dryer......negative ions break apart water droplets so they can be dried faster or absorbed by hair. Ceramic technology, generates infrared heat (which is suppose to be more gentle) to protect and preserve moisture in the hair. I really don't know if it makes a BIG difference if the dryer is ionic or ceramic or not. I haven't used it (or any dryer) enough to determine if it REALLY is less damaging.

ChocoKitty

[ QUOTE ]
The dryer that Karly posted say's you can use the dryer with or without ION... ???Why would you not want to use it... for that matter why are you using it anyway... I'm so confused

Negatively charged ions seal your hair's cuticle making it smoother and shinier.

Zuppy

Choco -

Thanks for the respons... I was checking out your pics... Your hair looks great.

Boris it looks like Boris gained A LOT of weight?? True? and I love
Lorenz!!

sylviaetc

[ QUOTE ]
Once I take my weave out, I'm going to blowdry my hair. I do lose alot more hair airdrying that when I used to blowdry for whatever reason, and plus I have a thousand different textures, so it's going to be a must if I want my hair really straight. I want to measure length.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with you, i tried air drying and i lost way too much hair for it to be considered benificial. another thing that didn't work for me is daily rinsing. again, combing out wet hair everyday just wasn't working for me if i wanted to retain length; couple that with air drying and you have my personal recipe for hair disaster...

Stormy

I use one occasionally. A Revlon that I bought from Target for around $20 (I think--it's been awhile). It has a cool setting and an Ionic attachment. Love it!

LABETT

I must fess up I use a blow dryer about 3 times a months when I'am in a hurry.I have a gold-n-hot blow dryer.

Victorian

old head
Re: blow dryer users:fess up! i know your out ther

Well I have been pretty faithful about not using my dryer this summer, but I do like the Sharper Image ionic dryer. Before that I was using a Vidal Sasoon. It had a sort of rectangular opening and the little attachments. I actually really liked that dryer.

Destanee

Re: blow dryer users:fess up! i know your out ther

I use a Super Soloano when I blowdry...which is not very often.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
Stormy said:
I use one occasionally. A Revlon that I bought from Target for around $20 (I think--it's been awhile). It has a cool setting and an Ionic attachment. Love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, does that Revlon dryer have a cool shot and warm setting?

karezone

I have braids and they take like two days to air dry. With the change in weather I have been using my BD to dry my braids some. I can not go out in 40 degree weather with a damp head.