Braidout or Twist out on APL or SL Hair pics?

gottabme247

Most of the pics I've seen are of the ladies with MBL or BSL. I'm not a fan of wearing my own hair like this. It just doesn't hang the way I'd like it to. Does anyone have pics at apl or sl?

Menina Preta

I'm at APL. Here's a (blurry) pic of mine. Depending on how 'tight' the braids are, it comes out at shoulder length or slightly below shoulder length (an inch or so below). A lot of times people say "Heeeeey, did you cut your hair!?" when I do a braidout, LOL.

Attachments

• braid out.jpg
    braid out.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 91

gottabme247

That looks good. Maybe I'm braiding and rolling the ends too tight. I'll keep working on it. Are you wearing it with a side part?

BeautifulFlower

My siggy. And Im a little past APL. If you dont like the way it hangs pull it into a ponytail for a textured ponytail.

Menina Preta

That looks good. Maybe I'm braiding and rolling the ends too tight. I'll keep working on it. Are you wearing it with a side part?

Thanks for the compliment. :)

No, I pin the front back and make a 'baby' hump/bouffant in the front if I'm being 'fancy.'

Chromia

This is a twistout I did 2 months ago, when I was 8 months into my transition.

These are the twists I had in:

Qt girl

my avatar is a braidout from cornrows that I used to wear when I was about APL. It came out really big with very little "hang", but I like it like that. I am transitioning so that might have also made it bigger.

DMJ's Mom

I have a picture of a braid out from cornrows in my Fotki under the Misc Hair pics.
I don't know how to post pics on here sorry.

PW pinkcow

cmw45

Here's mine. I was a little longer than shoulder length but definitely shorter than APL.

gottabme247

:yep: I loved everyone's pics. Now, I know I will keep workin' it out and post my progress in my fotki. Thank you sistah's for responding to my thread. Bronzeg..your pics in your fotki starting out look a lot like my hair.. I'm going to let it grow out a little more b4 taking off about an inch or two. I'm 6 weeks post right now.

tberry2688

i usually lurk, but these are my braidouts on apl hair.

Attachments

• ffgrf.jpg
    ffgrf.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 51
  • vv.jpg
    vv.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 59

ayoung

Great thread!!! Beautiful hair ladies!!:yep::yep:
I've always been scared to try one b/c my hair is not BSL:look: and I want it to look nice,

but....tonight I am, if i have good results--I'll post pics

ETA: didn't turn out bad! I like braidouts---but I worry about too much manipulation....

Last edited: