Braids and growth aides

mrshicks2002

Do you feel that when using a growth aide you get better growth when your hair is braided?

I am trying to decide if I want to get some cornrow braids or do me a interlock weave, where my hair is cornrowed and use a type of hair to interlock into the cornrow. Its seems that since the hair will be braided it will be easier to apply any growth aide to the scalp.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Well, in July I had braids for 4 weeks. I used Lenzi's Request oil on my scalp every other day or so. My hair GREW so much!

now that I am out of braids, the oil is not giving me the same rate.

Could have been the summer growth spurt I hear about, but I swear my hair grew like crazy in those braids.

girlyprincess23

Well, in July I had braids for 4 weeks. I used Lenzi's Request oil on my scalp every other day or so. My hair GREW so much!

Could have been the summer growth spurt I hear about, but I swear my hair grew like crazy in those braids.

i second that i had braids in for a month and a week and used a doogro, BT, WGO mix on y scalp and got 1.25 inches!!

mrshicks2002

Thats great to hear and it seems to me that if I get some with the growth aide I am using it will really help with hair growth.