Breaking Point: What makes you fire your stylist?

XenaX

I moved from my hometown and when I had to leave my stylist I was heartbroken.

I have been on a hunt for a new one here ever since, 4 years now.

I have dumped stylists on the first visit for the following reasons:

1 Pulling relaxers thru the hair too far
2 Not being there at the shop at the appointment time
3 I had to argue for 10 min about her not trimming my hair
4 Being in the salon for 5 hours especially since I was the only customer she had

All these are major deal breakers for me as my hometown stylist has me spoiled rotten.

What are your deal breakers?

lil_xelle

1) Putting a full relaxer in my hair, when it was only supposed to be texturizer
2) Trimming my lil sister hair when I told her not to cut her hair.
3) (post B.C.) Trying to convince me that the only way i will ever get married is to get a relaxer..... O_O this comming from an unmarried women
4) Wanting to shampoo my hair and not use conditioner ( trying to tell me that the shampoo she was using was both shampoo and conditioner :censored:....)
5) Had my hair in a fro and as soon as i sat in her hair she asked me if i ever combed my hair....all i did was laugh :lachen:

But i think imma avoid stylist unless its necessary:pepper:

Lucky's Mom

I moved from my hometown and when I had to leave my stylist I was heartbroken.

I have been on a hunt for a new one here ever since, 4 years now.

I have dumped stylists on the first visit for the following reasons:

1 Pulling relaxers thru the hair too far
2 Not being there at the shop at the appointment time
3 I had to argue for 10 min about her not trimming my hair
4 Being in the salon for 5 hours especially since I was the only customer she had

All these are major deal breakers for me as my hometown stylist has me spoiled rotten.

What are your deal breakers?

I have dumped MANY in 30 years..... :lachen:

So - there are too many stories to tell!!!!!

But the last one told me.............

" I don't do no Press and Curl up in here":perplexed:perplexed.......Of course she never saw me again - and I always wondered if she wondered why.........

That was ten years ago....

I can't handle the waiting.... the cattyness, the drama, the weedsmoking, the lazyness, the issues, etc. etc of a salon... and I use that term loosely...Stylists do not respect anyone's time.

Last edited:

XenaX

1) Putting a full relaxer in my hair, when it was only supposed to be texturizer
2) Trimming my lil sister hair when I told her not to cut her hair.
3) (post B.C.) Trying to convince me that the only way i will ever get married is to get a relaxer..... O_O this comming from an unmarried women
4) Wanting to shampoo my hair and not use conditioner ( trying to tell me that the shampoo she was using was both shampoo and conditioner :censored:....)
5) Had my hair in a fro and as soon as i sat in her hair she asked me if i ever combed my hair....all i did was laugh :lachen:

But i think imma avoid stylist unless its necessary:pepper:
WTH????? :eek:

You cant be serious!

lil_xelle

WTH????? :eek:

You cant be serious!

yeah :lachen: lol I try my best to be respectful no matter what but i couldn't hold in the laughter like i was giggling the whole time. But this women was serious she was like. " you are such a pretty girl...this hair...this hair...you need your hair straight . men like straight hair"...lol last time I ever go to a lady my dad recommends for me.....oh well he paid for it and she was pretty good with braids lol........Parents who leave their kids at salons need to becareful because negative things can be said to you lil kids while your gone running an errand and what not

Americka

I have dumped MANY in 30 years..... :lachen:

So - there are too many stories to tell!!!!!

But the last one told me.............

" I don't do no Press and Curl up in here":perplexed:perplexed.......Of course she never saw me again - and I always wondered if she wondered why.........

That was ten years ago....

I can't handle the waiting.... the cattyness, the drama, the weedsmoking, the lazyness, the issues, etc. etc of a salon... and I use that term loosely...Stylists do not respect anyone's time.

:goodpost: "Let the church say amen..."

sowhut

Numbers 1 and 3 on your list are major dealbreakers for me. *sigh*, why is it so hard for some of them to just listen???

Kerryann

Praise god i never had any of these problems. the only reason i discontinued my stylist is because she was a hater but the one i have now ive been going to her for 3yrs now and she is just lovely

PinkPebbles

My biggest one is a "Know it ALL" If a stylist can't listen to my needs and wants she is fired. At the end of the day it's my hair and my money!

I'm grateful to have finally found a stylist that listen and not a "know it all."

locabouthair

I've fired stylists for the following reasons:
Not neutrlizing and washing out the relaxer properly leaving me with broken patches:nono:
Charging $70 for a relaxer
Burning off parts of my hair with the pressing comb
Overlapping the relaxer too much
Raking through my wet hair with a fine tooth comb:nono:

Nyssa28

Switching up products based on how much she's making. Never mind my hair health.
Giving me and 3 other folks the same appointment.
Having to spend more than 4 hours at the salon.

McQuay30

I fire stylists for:
a. Being at the salon for 4 to 5 hours.
b. GOSSSIPPPPP which causes nothing but DRAMMMMMMAAAA
c. Do not understand the difference between a 1/4 inch trim and cutting 1 inch off.
d. "Know it all """ stylists, who do not have hair passed their ears.
e. Prmoises the products in THEIR salon is the only ones that will work for your hair.
Just too name a few.:grin:

Last edited:

MsEllie

What did it for me was I had hair breakage-- go to the shop every two weeks it was relaxed then...

I say what can I do about the breakage, she's like ummm I dunno I put the same perm on all my clients hair and you're the only one having breakage! Must be something you're doing at home... She didn't over protein or nothing - I never went back after that visit.

RedVelvet310

My biggest one is a "Know it ALL" If a stylist can't listen to my needs and wants she is fired. At the end of the day it's my hair and my money!

I'm grateful to have finally found a stylist that listen and not a "know it all."

:yep:

One of the reasons I refuse to go to a salon as a natural is because I know my hair is uneven (I've only trimmed once in the last 1.5 years.. no split ends), and I know if I go in they will pressure me to trim and then say the infamous line, "I can't let you leave the salon like this, it will give me a bad name"... Biiishh I don't care about you and your feelings.. DON'T CUT MY HAIR. :wallbash: ugh, salons

XenaX

I dont understand the "I cant let you leave outta her looking like THAT" line.

Ok wouldnt you rather have me walk out of there satisfied, than pissed off b/c you did something to my hair that I did not ask for or I did ask for something and you didnt do it???????