Broccoli seed oil

Kurlee

Who has tried this? I heard it make the silky and shiny and is great for blowouts!

Pompous Blue

I've seen some handmade vendors offering products with this oil in them. Here's what fromnaturewithlove.com has to say about it. I'm intrigued at the bolded. And the price point and shelf life is not bad.
Broccoli Seed Oil is cold pressed from the seeds of Brassica oleracea italica to yield an extra virgin, unrefined, odorless, pale green oil. The fatty acid profile of this oil provides excellent oxidative stability and non-greasy moisturizing properties, making Broccoli Seed Oil a valuable emollient in cosmetics and personal care.
Broccoli Oil is gaining recognition as a natural alternative to the silicon in shampoos, conditioners and styling products where high sheen and luster are desired. The unique composition of fatty acids includes approximately 50% Erucic acid (C22:1). Erucic acid is an Omega-9 fatty acid that is useful for imparting a silicone-like sheen to hair.
When added to massage products, creams and lotions, the quick penetrating action of Broccoli Seed Oil helps reduce greasy after-feel, and it quickens hydration of the skin.
Broccoli Seed Oil Properties:
  • Absorbs Quickly
  • Non-Greasy Texture
  • Highly Moisturizing
  • Imparts Sheen and Luster Comparable to Silicone
  • Significant Content of Erucic Acid (C22:1): Approximately 50%
  • Arachidonic Acid (C20:4): Approximately 70-75%
  • Rich in Vitamin A (Retinol): 1500-1800 IU/100g
  • 80-85% Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids
Broccoli Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
  • Shampoos
  • Conditioners
  • Styling Products
  • Lotions and Creams
  • Balms
  • Lip Care Products
  • Massage Products

amberangel4u

i would love to try, my hair does not like silicone. I purchase quite frequently FNWL; i find the prices to be fair.

Pompous Blue

overall, yes, but broccoli seed oil is expensive across the board, regardless of vendor.
I started a FNWL shopping cart in Nov. and plan to make some purchases at the end of Dec. I'm thinking about adding it to my cart.

Kurlee what are some of the prices you've seen and where?

Would more than 4 oz. be needed for a year's supply?

Are you using it in shampoos, DCs, Leave-ins?

Do you think it would work well in a flat-ironing reggie? I haven't straightened my hair in over 2 yrs and I'm trying to work out a reggie.

Pompous Blue

Wow ebay has a bottle 8oz for 38.00
but I am intrigued I think I will buy it.
my justification being I don't pay other people to do my hair so I can afford to be a little more chic with my hair products
hee hee
@BlkOnyx488
FNWL has it for $39.93 (8 oz.). What's the e-Bay shipping cost?

BTW, the only coupon I could find for FNWL is for 7% off. And their shipping/handling is high, $9.98.

Last edited:

amberangel4u

BlkOnyx488
FNWL has it for $39.93 (8 oz.). What's the e-Bay shipping cost?

BTW, the only coupon I could find for FNWL is for 7% off. And their shipping/handling is high.

that is pricey! i try to purchase the smallest amt. possible FNWL just in case i don't like the oil, butter, etc. However sometimes I end up liking it and regret not purchasing a larger amount!

Kurlee

Broccoli Seed Oil / 4 oz = 16.96 (Gardenofwisdom.com) and a few other sites @ 4-8 dollars an ounce.

Kurlee

I started a FNWL shopping cart in Nov. and plan to make some purchases at the end of Dec. I'm thinking about adding it to my cart.

@Kurlee what are some of the prices you've seen and where?

Would more than 4 oz. be needed for a year's supply?

Are you using it in shampoos, DCs, Leave-ins?

Do you think it would work well in a flat-ironing reggie? I haven't straightened my hair in over 2 yrs and I'm trying to work out a reggie.
i wuld want to use it for blowouts over my leave-in/ right before heat styling:grin:

Pompous Blue

i wuld want to use it for blowouts over my leave-in/ right before heat styling:grin:
I'm adding it to my straightening reggie. Now, just to purchase it and I should be ready to flat-iron at the end of the month.
I went to e-Bay and saw that. I'm interested because on their site it's $44. On Amazon.com it's $27.

On this site it's $9.00/8 oz. $22/quart
http://www.botanicoil.com/products/broccoli_seed_oil.htm?gclid=CMKUhPa566wCFQwq7AodTSjvrA

Kurlee

@Kurlee :poke:Okay, what size you're ordering? Imma 'bout to hit paynah but I want to do a little more research. But, I can guarantee you, I'm purchasing from someone by tomorrow.:lachen:
i want get a quart:look:. I'm supposed to be on pjism lockdown :look:. It's only like 20 bucks. how much is shipping?

BlkOnyx488

Pompous Blue
Do you know what the shipping prices are. they don't tell you untill after you have registered :nono:

I'm adding it to my straightening reggie. Now, just to purchase it and I should be ready to flat-iron at the end of the month.

I went to e-Bay and saw that. I'm interested because on their site it's $44. On Amazon.com it's $27.

On this site it's $9.00/8 oz. $22/quart
http://www.botanicoil.com/products/broccoli_seed_oil.htm?gclid=CMKUhPa566wCFQwq7AodTSjvrA

leiah

It doesn't do anything special for me, but I only use small amounts because it was expensive and I feel like I have to make my small bottle last!

Pompous Blue

It doesn't do anything special for me, but I only use small amounts because it was expensive and I feel like I have to make my small bottle last!
Okay leiah spill the beans.

Where did you get yours and how much did you pay for it? How are you using it?

I was sold on it when I read this description. I'm thinking about just getting an 8 oz. size now.

Absorbs Quickly
Non-Greasy Texture
Highly Moisturizing
Imparts Sheen and Luster Comparable to Silicone

Coffee

I ordered a 4oz of Broccoli Seed Oil and a 1oz of GoW Majik Lockes "Apple Blossom" Hair Serum from Garden of Wisdom. I hope to have it soon, since they're in AZ.