BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Froreal3 I keep my twists in 3-4 weeks while still applying sulfur oil. But at the 2-week mark I will water rinse my scalp thoroughly in shower with the shower head, rubbing my scalp lightly. Then I'll let conditioner sit on my twist until I finish shower.

Afterwards I'll M&S and oil scalp. This routine leaves no build up or stinkies (I have DH check!)

Here's my end of year LC.

I am making a few changes in my reggie.

*Adding more protein treatments. I will use my Komaza protein treatment every two weeks.
*I will keep go back to keeping twists in my hair for two weeks at a time, only removing them to wash/protein/dc. I think my weekly regimen is hurting my retention.
*I will wear wigs for a while in 2015
*I will continue to moisturize and seal my hair every other day.

Question: I have been using sulfur oil on my scalp. Do you think that the bi-weekly washing can work with that? Or maybe I should just do a quick cowash of my twists to get the sulfur off my scalp weekly? I wonder if that will still be too much manipulation? I'd kind of rather just keep my hands off my hair for two weeks at a time...

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3 I keep my twists in 3-4 weeks while still applying sulfur oil. But at the 2-week mark I will water rinse my scalp thoroughly in shower with the shower head, rubbing my scalp lightly. Then I'll let conditioner sit on my twist until I finish shower.

Afterwards I'll M&S and oil scalp. This routine leaves no build up or stinkies (I have DH check!)

Ok, I'm going to try this HappyAtLast. Thank you.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm so excited about my blowout tomorrow! Tonight I will do an overnight prepoo with aloe vera juice and coconut oil.

Leo24Rule

Been to lazy to do my hair even now that school is out and 1 job is out on Christmas break. I've either been out in the stores shopping for myself or sleeping lol. My hair has been neglected and so disgusting, but I will wash today b/c it is my company dinner Christmas party tonight :)

KERC1974

Current Length - Beyond BS hoping to reach MB by June-July 2015. My regimen I wash my hair at least 2-3 days a week (co-wash 2x/week). At 7-8 weeks, wash 1-2x/week (co-wash 1x/week) shampoo w/ moisturizing shampoo (2x/week) and clarify 2-3x/month. Pre-poo 1x/week with an oil blend of ceramides and essential oils or conditioner. Henna w/ coconut milk, oil and conditioner 2-3/month, off weeks Aphogee 2 minute protein treatment. Aphogee 2 step protein treatment 1x/6 weeks. Deep condition 1x/week with Heat and sleep in it overnight.Moisturize and seal daily, tea rinse w/ essential oils spritz daily, oil mix w/ essential oils to scalp 2-3/week. Daily scalp massages, GHE 4-5/week. Inversion 1x/month, Wash n Go's, buns, french braids, protective styling 7 days a week. Heat styling 1-2x/month. Relaxer (texlaxed) stretch between 12 - 16 weeks. Trim every 6 months, dusting with each relaxer. Supplements (Biotin, MSM, Bamboo, garlic) will consider Hair Infinity once Biotin stash is finished. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2404126849.jpg
    image-2404126849.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1004588219.jpg
    image-1004588219.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2497412558.jpg
    image-2497412558.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 60

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't really understand all of the hype behind using natural products but I have a significantly better "hair week" when my wash day only incorporates natural products.

How is everyone wearing their hair for Christmas?

I def wearing my hair in a twistout. I have my twists under a wig and will take them out on Christmas day.

MzOptimistic

OK so I've been dc'ng once a week and baggying my ponytail overnight with protective healthy ends and Orgx Coconut Milk Nourishing Anti-Breakage Serum. Then bun in the morning... I'm loving the results. My hair is soooo moisturized. Yum lol

Adonia1987

Please count me in!

I will not be participating much because I keep my hair in sew ins for 12 weeks at a time. I will be doing this for all of 2015.

I am currently about an inch or two away from BSL. I hope to achieve MBL by the end of the year.

As I mentioned, I keep my sew ins for 12 weeks, take it down and do a protein treatment, steam treatment, and go back to protective styling. I wash weekly and oil my scalp 2x a week.

I am natural. I will add a picture in Mars when I take this new sew in down.

Leo24Rule

Washed my hair yesterday, but because I neglected it for a week and didn't follow my hair regime faithfully I loss hair in the shower and during the detangling process. Hopefully, that isn't a huge setback for me.

iLurk

debating on buying another wig. its synthetic i like the color and style but i really dont think its worth more than $20

Anaisin

I wanna join- I'm APL now and I am looking to be at least BSL/MBL by December 2015.

I don't have a regimen. I just do whatever my hair/scalp needs at that moment.

I will be following you guys weekly to get hair tips.

Also BSL is the same as MBL right?

I always thought bsl was the top of your bra strap and mbl was the bottom. That's what it is on me at least

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Today's blowout

Attachments

• 20141223_193809.jpg
    20141223_193809.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 76
  • PhotoGrid_1419389907640.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1419389907640.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I left my whole bag of hair products at the Dominican salon. I had a new bottle of Keracare Humecto, Nexxus Emergencee and Chi silk infusion. I also had my Keracare shampoo and a comb in there. I hope it's still there :sad:

Pennefeather

Prettymetty,

I need to join. I thought that I had done this already.

My goal is mid back this year. I have had a lot of breakage, so I'm going to be slowly trimming my hair to even the ends.

My routine is washing every Saturday. I prepoo Friday night with vatika frosting or ayuvedic oil. Layer ayuvedic oil under my deep condition, and sit under the dryer for 40 - 50 minutes. I'm adding various ayuvedic powders and teas to my regime. I moisturize and seal my ends twice a day, and use annabelle ayuvedic oil daily. Currently experimenting with tea spritz daily.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Prettymetty,

I need to join. I thought that I had done this already.

My goal is mid back this year. I have had a lot of breakage, so I'm going to be slowly trimming my hair to even the ends.

My routine is washing every Saturday. I prepoo Friday night with vatika frosting or ayuvedic oil. Layer ayuvedic oil under my deep condition, and sit under the dryer for 40 - 50 minutes. I'm adding various ayuvedic powders and teas to my regime. I moisturize and seal my ends twice a day, and use annabelle ayuvedic oil daily. Currently experimenting with tea spritz daily.

I will add you to the list :)

missyrayne19

I'd like to join!

My current length is grazing BSL. I'd like to be at full BSL by the end of 2015. I'm sure I could get to grazing MBL if I wanted to but one of my hair goals for 2015 is to get my layers to grow out. I feel full BSL is a length where I'd be comfortable at to maintain while I let my layers to grow out.

My regimen is pretty simple:

- wash weekly
- pre-poo with grapeseed oil on the length and my oil mixture on my scalp for 30 minutes under my heating cap
- wash with Paul Mitchell shampoos (alternate which one depending upon how my hair feels)
- add either Paul Mitchell smoothing conditioner or Redken smoothing conditioner for 5 minutes; rinse
- DC for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending upon how dry my hair feels
- roller set up until I get 8-9 weeks post; after that, regimen is still the same but I air dry or do heatless styles instead of roller setting
- relax at 12 weeks post and M&S during the week as needed

And that's it. So excited for this challenge. Let's do this! :yay:

Here's my starting pic for the challenge:

Attachments

• IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 93

Leo24Rule

Merry Christmas everyone! Been moisturizing my hair daily since my last hair wash. I'm currently wigging it with my new wig I bought last week. <Sings Snoop: "I love it.."

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'd like to join!

My current length is grazing BSL. I'd like to be at full BSL by the end of 2015. I'm sure I could get to grazing MBL if I wanted to but one of my hair goals for 2015 is to get my layers to grow out. I feel full BSL is a length where I'd be comfortable at to maintain while I let my layers to grow out.

My regimen is pretty simple:

- wash weekly
- pre-poo with grapeseed oil on the length and my oil mixture on my scalp for 30 minutes under my heating cap
- wash with Paul Mitchell shampoos (alternate which one depending upon how my hair feels)
- add either Paul Mitchell smoothing conditioner or Redken smoothing conditioner for 5 minutes; rinse
- DC for 30 minutes to 1 hour depending upon how dry my hair feels
- roller set up until I get 8-9 weeks post; after that, regimen is still the same but I air dry or do heatless styles instead of roller setting
- relax at 12 weeks post and M&S during the week as needed

And that's it. So excited for this challenge. Let's do this! :yay:

Here's my starting pic for the challenge:

Beautiful hair!! I will add you to the list :welcome3:

PlainJane

So now that I'm 1 year post, bunning doesn't work for me unless my hair is straight. The pulling I'm doing to get a decent bun is causing too much tension on my edges. I noticed a lot of breakage near where I place the pony tail holder. I'm going to try a rollerset to see how straight it gets my hair.

Anaisin

It's a wig shop near my job, I might have to slide through there lol wonder if they have after xmas sales

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want to get an ombre bob wig, but most of the ones I see online are super expensive. I can't justify a $200 wig that I will only wear a few times :nono:

I wish I could find a synthetic version of the wig I want...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My stylist found my bag of products and she will put it up for me until I can pick it up on Tuesday. What a blessing!

TeeSGee

I washed my hair last Tuesday; shampoo'd with moisturizing shampoo. I Dc'd for 20 mins with heat, rinse then i apply heat protectant ,and tension blow dry on medium heat setting. I added a bit of serum and flexirod overnight. I moisturize every day mostly the ends and flexirod to maintain the waves.

hair.jpg

Last edited: