BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair last Tuesday; shampoo'd with moisturizing shampoo. I Dc'd for 20 mins with heat, rinse then i apply heat protectant ,and tension blow dry on medium heat setting. I added a bit of serum and flexirod overnight. I moisturize every day mostly the ends and flexirod to maintain the waves.

View attachment 290349

Pretty!! I love the size of your waves. What color did you use?

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Added my start photo to the first page, but I'll add it back here as well. Fresh roller set and as straight as it'll get. I stay away from heat since I'm double processed. Finally made it back to APL after a set back that I had to cut it to NL in '13.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Added my start photo to the first page, but I'll add it back here as well. Fresh roller set and as straight as it'll get. I stay away from heat since I'm double processed. Finally made it back to APL after a set back that I had to cut it to NL in '12.

Ooh that color is gorgeous :gorgeous:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Really?!! I'm over here by Memorial City Mall. What part do you live, Prettymetty? Seems to be quite a few of us in the Bayou City! We need to have a meet up! Every one I've been to in the past was nothing but fun!!

I am not too far from there. I am near Beltway 8 in the Northwest part of town. A meet up sounds great!

iLurk

im officially depressed. thought my hair was making progress until straightened today to see that it hasnt moved since i had it done in september which is also the same length it was in june. starting to think i should just forget about it :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
im officially depressed. thought my hair was making progress until straightened today to see that it hasnt moved since i had it done in september which is also the same length it was in june. starting to think i should just forget about it :nono:

Don't be discouraged. Sometimes it takes longer for us to see our progress. I'm sure others can see a difference in your hair.

:bighug:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just left Sally's. I got a neat little pony tailer thing. It stretches to accomadate any pony or bun. I also ordered a Hairagami from Amazon today for my buns. I only wear buns at work, but I like for them to look cute :blush:

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Added my start photo to the first page, but I'll add it back here as well. Fresh roller set and as straight as it'll get. I stay away from heat since I'm double processed. Finally made it back to APL after a set back that I had to cut it to NL in '13.

Your hair is so nice and dense to be double processed! How do you stop or prevent breakage?

iLurk

Don't be discouraged. Sometimes it takes longer for us to see our progress. I'm sure others can see a difference in your hair.

:bighug:

well see for yourself. wasnt expecting to hit bsl this month but at least be closer to it. :sad:

sept:

now:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
iLurk That is only a couple months difference. The back of my hair has grown maybe an inch this entire year. Don't feel bad. :hug2:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
yea i know but it seems like its been there since june :( pic was just taken in sept

I can see a difference. It looks closer to your bra. I have been trying to get to Bsl for over a year. I was almost there then my annual trim took me back to Apl. We will all get there soon. Just believe. Tell yourself everyday that your hair is so long amd thick and it grows so fast. Positive affirmations help a lot :yep:

Anaisin

Never posted my starting pics in this thread...

Attachments

• _20141228_212943.JPG
    _20141228_212943.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 52
  • _20141228_212745.JPG
    _20141228_212745.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 56

PlainJane

I bought some keracare humecto conditioner. I haven't used this since I started my transition. Interested to see how it works now that I'm 1 year post. I need a moisturizing DC to alternate with my AOGBP so I'm crossing my fingers.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
PlainJane I hope it works well for your hair. I love it for my natural, tightly coiled hair. When used immediately after Nexxus Emergencee my hair is practically tangle free!

PureSilver

Really lost a lot of profess this year dew to much breakage. The bsl hair is now a good 2" away but I ain't worried ill be back there before April2015.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am so ready for Bsl. This summer I want to feel my bsl hair on my back when I wear tanks and halters. I should be grazing my brastrap (without pulling) by March

Anaisin

I am so ready for Bsl. This summer I want to feel my bsl hair on my back when I wear tanks and halters. I should be grazing my brastrap (without pulling) by March

Yes I love that feeling, in high school I used to wear ponytails all the time and I loved when it hit my back walking down the stairs just swinging lol. That was occasionally though since my stylist was forever "trimming" my hair *side eye* lol

Anaisin

I love the difference between March & now, hopefully I get to MBL by Sept, I think I'll be fully bsl in March without pulling as well.

Attachments

• 2014-12-30_13.49.36.jpg
    2014-12-30_13.49.36.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 99