BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

ClassyJSP

Washed and conditioned my hair last night. Used aussie moist 3 min I forgot how much I use to love that conditioner. blow dried half way and then let my hair air dry in two bantu knots. I haven't flat ironed my hair in a while i'll save that for either thanksgiving or Christmas.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My next hair appt is in 2 weeks. I'm going to the Kerastase place to get a moisturizing treatment and blowdry. I'm undecided about whether I should let her flatiron it afterwards. I really just want my roots stretched

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Decided to give myself more time to reach MBL. I do NOT want to be that girl claiming WL with two strings and my head tilted back slightly. Not. That. Girl.

Will give myself more time to focus on reaching my hair goals FULLY and with as little effort as possible because I have fallen off yall ! At this point I'm bare minium.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I am pretty sure I joined this challenge to make MBL by December. I'm pretty sure I didn't make it. :lol: That's ok. I'm upping my protein intake to at least 100grams per day to see if that will assist in any progress. I trimmed off about two inches in the Spring and I already see a little progress. I think my hair has grown/retained that two inches back. I'll be starting a WL challenge again (maybe 2017) soon, so I hope to see a lot of you ladies there. :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Decided to give myself more time to reach MBL. I do NOT want to be that girl claiming WL with two strings and my head tilted back slightly. Not. That. Girl.

Will give myself more time to focus on reaching my hair goals FULLY and with as little effort as possible because I have fallen off yall ! At this point I'm bare minium.
This is so me! I probably won't even reach Bsl this year. If it's only 2 strands it doesn't count lmao. I'm giving myself another year to reach full Mbl.

ilong

God's Own
I am pretty sure I joined this challenge to make MBL by December. I'm pretty sure I didn't make it. :lol: That's ok. I'm upping my protein intake to at least 100grams per day to see if that will assist in any progress. I trimmed off about two inches in the Spring and I already see a little progress. I think my hair has grown/retained that two inches back. I'll be starting a WL challenge again (maybe 2017) soon, so I hope to see a lot of you ladies there. :)
Hey lady @Froreal3 - here is a protein calculator to help you determine protein intake. I purchased this protein supplement last month. HTH

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've been seeing broken strands of hair on the floor (various lengths) for about a week. My blowout is 2 and a half weeks old. I think it could be dryness from sulfur oil or maybe it's just time to wash and dc my hair. I just moisturized the length of my hair with aloe juice and I'm wearing a full head baggy for an hour. I'm not worried about reversion. I just want the breakage to stop.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My nape is shorter than the rest of my hair. I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. Braid it and incorporate it into my buns? Rollersets? Wig it over the winter? I'm APL, but my nape is SL. What do you think?

Rollersets might be too much manipulation. You can bun it up or wig it until your nape catches up. My nape was a lot shorter than the rest of my hair last year, but wigging it and trims every 3 months has helped it (almost) catch up.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I went to a different bss and I got a cute ombre bob wig with side bangs. It's a human hair blend (whatever that means) so I hope it lasts at least a month.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I used liquid gold oil on my scalp yesterday and today. I think it's time to shampoo my hair. My blowout is almost 3 weeks old and my roots are pretty thick with growth and or reversion.

My sis wants me to visit her this evening and she lives across town. I might not feel up to it after that drive. Sigh

LuciaAbigail

I definitely respect that. Cheering you on!

In other random thinking out loud...I got a few layers put in. My hair looks so much fuller and has a lot of great movement. The no layer thing doesn't work for my hair. Makes it look thin.

I also recently decided BSL and MBL are 1-2 inches apart on me (top of bra strap vs below bra strap), not the exact same. I really want a juicy hemline that clearly falls below my brastap (like this), so I have a little ways to go. Thinking about two 8 week no-heat stretches (natural buns 100%, washing Sunday and cowashing on Wednesday) at the end of this year, and the very start of 2016 to get me there.

Last edited:

snoop

I did another protein treatment yesterday and my shedding is still beastly. I'm going to try to install mini twists again then forget about my hair for another month. Hopefully by December it will have stopped.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Getting back in the game since work should be a little less hectic now

I was talking with my mom and noticed my nails were a whole lot shorter than usual ... meaning they're not growing as fast ... meaning my hair probably not either (nutrition deficiency) ...

Getting my hair life back together starting......NOW

bluenvy

Did my usual wash and dc today, also flat iron to see where I'm at since trim on Fall Equinox last month.
It doesn't look like it grew but my outer edges look fuller. I trimmed on a strengthening day so next time I'll try trimming on the lengthen day.
Pic on left from last month, other is today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 64

snoop

So this month marked my 4 year HHJ anniversary! I think I can claim BSL. :yay: This is my length after dusting about 1 inch last month. I'm a slow grower so I probably won't hit waist length until this time next year, if all goes well.

Attachments

• 201510_Hair_1.jpg
    201510_Hair_1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 201510_Hair_2.jpg
    201510_Hair_2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 62