Burt Bee's Conditioners Sux

LadyKaypnyc

I love Burt Bee's Shampoos, they are SLS free and nearl 100% natural, but their Conditioners do absolutely nothing for my hair:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I don't know why I keep trying them, this time it was the More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Conditioner, the name was too tempting for the PJ in me to ignore, so I bought it, and once again, I'm disappointed.

My hair felt like it didn't have anything in it, I didn't even try to detangle with it, b/c that would have been horrendous!:nono:

Luckily, Pantene Hydrating Curls Condish was there to rescue me:grin:

I have yet to find a natural conditioner that works for my hair...I keep thinking that natural is better, but I'm so through with natural conditioners....well, probably not completely, but for now I am:lachen::ohwell:

Any recommendations?:look:

InnerSoul

Thanks for the review! I still haven't tried Burts Bee's shampoos/conditioners but I love their skin products! I like the fact that they do list their full ingredient list on their website so that you can see what is in it before going out to buy. Their probably isn't enough oils for slip in their conditioners... I am just in love with their skin stuff, don't know if I am going to try their hair stuff yet.

Last edited:

JLove74

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, a Debbie Downer of sorts. But Burt's Bee's was bought out by Clorox, yep Clorox. I'm still scratching my head at how a company that prides itself on being earth friendly, sells out to friggin Clorox.:wallbash: Well, Money talks I guess.

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...d=590&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

I gave all that info to say, that when companies do these sell-outs and mergers recipes change. I've never used BB Condish, but love their grapefruit poo.

InnerSoul

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, a Debbie Downer of sorts. But Burt's Bee's was bought out by Clorox, yep Clorox. I'm still scratching my head at how a company that prides itself on being earth friendly, sells out to friggin Clorox.:wallbash: Well, Money talks I guess.

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs...d=590&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1

I gave all that info to say, that when companies do these sell-outs and mergers recipes change. I've never used BB Condish, but love their grapefruit poo.

Clorox is now trying to go green. Atleast that is what their new commercials advocate for their new natural household cleaning products.

ButterflyBeauty

I was just about to say this. Though many don't find the GPB to be enough slip, how about the Honeysuckle Rose?

I just used the Honeysuckle Rose last night as a DC and it is DA TRUTH. I have very dense, thick, dry, 4a hair and it tamed my coils completely. I am going to try the shampoo this weekend when I wash again.

Amber_moon

I agree that they suck. I have the same conditioner and I stopped using it. It smells good but thats about it.

Fine 4s

Thanks for the review! I still haven't tried Burts Bee's shampoos/conditioners but I love their skin products! I like the fact that they do list their full ingredient list on their website so that you can see what is in it before going out to buy. Their probably isn't enough oils for slip in their conditioners... I am just in love with their skin stuff, don't know if I am going to try their hair stuff yet.

This was the first no sulfate shampoo I used when I joined the board. I used it after CW-ing for some time and man....when I put that baby on only the FRONT part of my hair, that section contracted so much that I just closed the bottle and returned that baby RIGHT back.

Burt bees don't make honey, hooooooooooney.

InnerSoul

This was the first no sulfate shampoo I used when I joined the board. I used it after CW-ing for some time and man....when I put that baby on only the FRONT part of my hair, that section contracted so much that I just closed the bottle and returned that baby RIGHT back.

Burt bees don't make honey, hooooooooooney.

teehee at the bolded! thanks for the review!!... I don't think I want to try their hair stuff now after all these reviews... I will just stick to their skin products!!

MonPetite

JASON conditioners and Nature's Gate are good too. :yep:

I have detailed reviews in my Drugstore product review album. See my fotki.

HTH!

AfroKink

I know I've only used it once, and this was only 3 days ago, but I'm loving druide detangling conditioner! It leave my hair all soft and moisturized, helps in detangling, and stops the ends of my twists from trying to loc up.

Lys

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
You are right about that. I tried the raspberry....that stuff is awful..no detangling, it didn't feel stronger or even really moisturized after rinsing. Even with adding coconut oil to it, it barely did anything.

Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose is the bomb, i tried it for the first time and it is wonderful....like ladylibra said though, it's a bit pricey. I haven't tried the other reg. aubrey's yet except for GPB which i use only for protein.

Druide is another good brand, they are a little more too but I love the way they make my hair feel.

Angelicus

I tried the whole natural kick by buying Burt Bees Shampoo and Conditioner. I figured that if I loved their skin care items, I would be sure to love the hair care stuff.

Wrong. I used the Pomegranate and Soy variety of shampoo and conditioner and my hair was so tangled up that by the time I finished detangling, I lost at least two handfulls of hair (keep in mind that I always detangle my hair before getting it wet).

Well I emailed the company and told them that their haircare line sucks and they gave me an "I'm sorry box" gift that made me smile.